Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Hot hatch war- Palio Stile 1.6 v/s Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRDi
FIAT Palio Stile 1.6 131 52.61%
Hyundai Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi 118 47.39%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 09:16   #16
BHPian

perfect thread - i have been waiting for this comparison - haven't voted yet but I am more towards getz cos its newer engine compared to palio!!
Old 15th November 2007, 09:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

When you are talking about a hot hatch, why does fuel efficiency and milage come into play? the points ew should keep in mind for a hot hatch would be; looks, power and handling. and i think palio eats getz in the looks department. diesel engines just dont give you the "oomph factor" that petrols do.
Old 15th November 2007, 09:40   #18
BHPian

Comparing Deisel with petrol hatch is not worth.
It was better if it was compared to Swift Deisel or any other deisel.

Lets wait for new indica with fiat engine or punto with 120BHP deisel engine.

In these 2 cars, Getz has a upper hand, but price difference well compensate it.
Old 15th November 2007, 09:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well let me think.

WOuld i prefer a FIAT over a Hyundai? Anyday coz i know what FIAT does well and thats exactly what i'm looking for, Uncomparable ride comfort at unbelievable price tags!!

Would i Choose a Petrol Over a Diesel? Well it depends on what the cost difference is. In this case it comes to near the 2L mark (considering discounts). Thats a big no to this hyndai. If it was the swift diesel i would have considered it if they had given me minimum 25-30K discount (Its just not worth the price they are asking)

Would i prefer F.E figures combined with performance. Well That sounds good. Well let me just see. I could buy something that gives me much more (adjustable steering, cool looking headlamps, alloys, better build, no turbo lag and i wont have to see those disgusting wood finish centre console every time i try to switch on the A/c or change a song!! ) and that too at a very less price. COmmon man. Why dont i spend the extra 2L on the premium for fuel expenses during my ownership of a wonderfully comfortable car.?!!

All said and done. WIll i Vote for this Hyundai...No ways. Unless i was a millionaire child who just wants to zip around leaving all other cars behind me.

I look at 'Value'... I'll Choose the FIAT.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:24   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

240NM of torque in a hatch? Its a no-brainer....the Getz it is. Not only is the engine a rockstar, but the car is also very spacious, reeks of great quality levels and has a fantastic ride. The Hyundai is also a couple of generations more modern than the Palio.

Not to take anything away from the Palio 1.6 which still remains a favorite with me. But the Getz common-rail is too hard to resist.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Palio 1.6 is more than a lakh cheaper. So, that almost compensates for the diesel advantage of the Getz.
I would rather pay upfront and never ever worry about going to the bunk than cry silent deaths with an every fill.9 and 10 kmph is not my idea of spending 50 bucks of fuel when i can get a 15kmph diesel car even if involves paying extra.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Only problem I have with GETZ is that it doesn't look that hot at all.. But then, looks are subjective.

PS: I haven't voted.. yet.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Verna has same 110 bhp engine, but it rocks like a boat. What about Getz Prime?

I have not driven it, so can't comment. Looking at Verna, just having powerful engine doesn't help if the handling doesn't go well with it.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hyundai Getz Crdi
Source - ACI

hey there is a "worldwide copy right" for auto car test figures...did u take hormazd's permission before posting ?
Old 15th November 2007, 12:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
When you are talking about a hot hatch, why does fuel efficiency and milage come into play? the points ew should keep in mind for a hot hatch would be; looks, power and handling. and i think palio eats getz in the looks department. diesel engines just dont give you the "oomph factor" that petrols do.

valid point....
looks - subjective i guess- but then good alloys and paint job can swing the vote either ways...

power - clearly the getz is ahead...

handling - palio ahead...

but the heart still goes for the palio...

so there is defenetly something beyond these parameters.....which probably cannot be quantified....!!
Old 15th November 2007, 12:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Not voting. I think the Getz engine is hot. Not really sure about how the car would handle. If its just straight line speed, then its Getz.
Old 15th November 2007, 13:35   #27
Team-BHP Support

Having driven the getz petrol extensively on twisty himachal roads, I would say the getz is an able handler. Nothing too great, but not boat like the Verna.
Old 15th November 2007, 14:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

In fact I own a Getz since 3 years now and driven it 75K by now. Also, 3 of my close friends also own one. So I guess I know something about the car. The initial lot of the Getz (one of which I own) had korean spec suspension and are superb handlers. They in fact handle as good if not better than the Swift. Now I know there is going to be a lot of love lost over this but its true. My car is shod with 195/55/15 Michelin Pilot Precedas and it handles like a dream.

Then the 2006 versions had their suspension sourced from Indian OE suppliers and these cars are also visibly higher by 1-2 inches than the earlier car. These ones have a bit of tendency to shift sideways and get twitchy at the rear.

I don't know suspension setup on the "new" Getz but I know the capability of the this car and its a hell of a handler. I love my trips to Manali etc and I have done some crazy speeds climbing up and down those roads. The only thing I ever missed in this car was a bit of grunt. And now, with the CRDi, thats a dream come true. I haven't tested the CRDi, but one things for sure...

We're getting us a couple of these...

Last edited by gunbir : 15th November 2007 at 14:08.
Old 15th November 2007, 15:11   #29
BHPian

Can some one point out the FE of various variants of these two hatches?
Old 15th November 2007, 15:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Having driven the getz petrol extensively on twisty himachal roads, I would say the getz is an able handler. Nothing too great, but not boat like the Verna.
Getz crdi's kerb is heavier than the petrol one and also much heavier engine than the petrol under its hood means front getting more heavy.

So, is it appropriate to compare petrol variant handling with crdi one? If yes, then how?

We can have the superficial view of handling. But not the exact one. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks