Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 07:30   #91
BHPian

dimensions

Hyundai i20 is surely a big supermini. Hope to see good legroom and shoulder space.

Check out these pics.
1- Dimension of i20
2- Dimension of Grande punto
3- Dimension of Toyota prius

Old 1st December 2008, 18:09   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Yes will it have the lovely crdi engine mated to an A/T box ? If yes it will be a lovely car to tackle traffic in mumbai !!!
The Dec 08 edition of ACI says that the i20 will be initially launched with only the 1.2 Kappa. 1.4 CRDi will come later. Disappointing if this is true!
Old 1st December 2008, 19:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
The Dec 08 edition of ACI says that the i20 will be initially launched with only the 1.2 Kappa. 1.4 CRDi will come later. Disappointing if this is true!
That is why Tata is still the diesel king in India. They launch diesel and petrol at the same time, always.
Old 5th December 2008, 10:26   #94
BHPian

Here's some news - Hyundai has annouced the trims and prices of the UK spec model along with a launch date - January 15th! Here's the link - Hyundai i20 Prices Announced

So if this is a global launch, we can safely expect the car to be launched in India on or around January 15th!
Old 5th December 2008, 14:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a white i20 last nite on the Imax Adlabs road, Wadala. And i must admit, the car looks good in flesh. Although its a bloated version of the i20, but the overall appearance of the car was quite attractive. It sported a temporary registration.
Old 5th December 2008, 14:38   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Spotted a white i20 last nite on the Imax Adlabs road, Wadala. And i must admit, the car looks good in flesh. Although its a bloated version of the i20, but the overall appearance of the car was quite attractive. It sported a temporary registration.
I guess you mean bloated version of i10. I guess all these i series cars (i10, i20 and i30) are based on the same design but different platforms.
Old 5th December 2008, 15:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Here's some news - Hyundai has annouced the trims and prices of the UK spec model along with a launch date - January 15th! Here's the link - Hyundai i20 Prices Announced

So if this is a global launch, we can safely expect the car to be launched in India on or around January 15th!
If we consider the report as genuine the price of i20 may start somewhere around 6.5 in India and thats expensive for a hatch.
Old 5th December 2008, 16:19   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
If we consider the report as genuine the price of i20 may start somewhere around 6.5 in India and thats expensive for a hatch.
I think you're taking GBP 8195 x 80 = 6.55 lacs right?

Well, first of all the trims in India will be different - you will see 2 airbags instead of 6, and no ESP and other features that are mandatory or extra in the UK. So you can easily strike out 1 lac from the 6.55 to arrive to a more realistic 5.5 lacs.
Old 5th December 2008, 16:27   #99
BHPian

I am keen on buying the Getz CRDi by end December or Jan'09, and i like the i20's design as well but even i think the i20 wont get the diesel heart that the Verna and Getz share, even if it does the price will be too steep for a diesel hatch considering the Getz at approx 6.20L on road Delhi is also steep for a hatch but its just those 110 turbo charged horses that attract me to the car.

The i20 diesel varient will probably get the 1.4L 90BHP spec CRDi mill to put at par with Linea and SX4(Diesel variant being considered by MSIL). The later two will have the 1.3L MJD with a VGT bumping power to 90BHP.

Last edited by abhik : 5th December 2008 at 16:31.
Old 5th December 2008, 16:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I think you're taking GBP 8195 x 80 = 6.55 lacs right?

Well, first of all the trims in India will be different - you will see 2 airbags instead of 6, and no ESP and other features that are mandatory or extra in the UK. So you can easily strike out 1 lac from the 6.55 to arrive to a more realistic 5.5 lacs.
Not sure about the ESP but as per reports I20 will get 6 airbags in India as well. I really doubt my friend if it launches at 5.5 lacs and if it does it will give major headaches to Swift VDI and Vista (we wont be complaining though)
Old 5th December 2008, 16:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can't blindly convert from GBP to INR like that. There are lot of other factors involved in pricing a car in a different markets.

FYI, Grande Punto (5 door Active variant) starts around GBP 9850 OTR in UK, If you convert it to INR, it will come out costlier than the speculated Linea prices here!
Old 5th December 2008, 17:30   #102
BHPian

The dimensions of the i20 make it out to be a pretty big car for a hatchback and that could lead to loads of space inside.
If they price it aggressively (diesel starting from Rs 5-5.5 lakhs) I think they could corner the market in high-end hatchbacks.
Old 6th December 2008, 14:02   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about the ESP but as per reports I20 will get 6 airbags in India as well. I really doubt my friend if it launches at 5.5 lacs and if it does it will give major headaches to Swift VDI and Vista (we wont be complaining though)

Well I think you will be disappointed if you expect that - the petrol i20 would probably be pegged around 5.5, with the diesel dearer by 1 lacs. I don't think this car will pose a threat to the swift VDI, though I do expect it to take away a lot of Swift ZXI and Fabia buyers.
Old 6th December 2008, 21:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

The thing is Hyundai long lost the pricing correctly battle, with Getz Petrol, Getz CRDI and now i10, one cant expect VFM pricing from Hyundai anymore....
Old 7th December 2008, 22:10   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
I am keen on buying the Getz CRDi by end December or Jan'09, and i like the i20's design as well but even i think the i20 wont get the diesel heart that the Verna and Getz share, even if it does the price will be too steep for a diesel hatch considering the Getz at approx 6.20L on road Delhi is also steep for a hatch but its just those 110 turbo charged horses that attract me to the car.

The i20 diesel varient will probably get the 1.4L 90BHP spec CRDi mill to put at par with Linea and SX4(Diesel variant being considered by MSIL). The later two will have the 1.3L MJD with a VGT bumping power to 90BHP.
But check out the torque figures, it is very much close to Verna, i20 may give same acceleration fig that of verna because it will be lighter than Verna, Power to weight ratio.

My friend from Haryana bought Getz CRDi, Dingo 5.90 Rs on Road price. I had driven the car for like 20-30 km in delhi after the tyre change to 195 Yoko and cool looking alloys, It ROCKS. Man there is only 1 thing which scared me. Lack of ABS

I'm getting bored of driving Sedans. I wanna drive a Small Mad car like Getz or i20 if it rocks something like Getz in cities and wanna enjoy my petefied Getz or i20 (Conditions: ABS should be there) on highways, hehehe think a small car zooooming off stock civics, corollas, skodas etc on highways and nobody will be able to catch ya.

I wanted to buy getz but it is out of my list now due to lack of ABS.

Now just waiting for i20 VGT to hit the road then only i will decide if i will be heading for Verna, i20 or Embera (all CRDi).

Last edited by Gangsta : 7th December 2008 at 22:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks