Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Till now nothing has been confirmed about the i20,after the launch of the i10 santro is still available,so i guess after the launch of the i20 the Getz will still be a part of hyundai for sometime.

I see this i20 forum turned out to be a getz forum cheers

Ramie
Hyundai is following Maruti's old strategy. Launch new product and also keep its old model in the market.

Accent>>>Verna
Santro>>> I10
Getz>>> I20
Elantra>>>I30???

OT: If sachin would have been the brand ambassador for the I series of cars, the ads would have be "I ga!" (typical marathi word for ooi maa!) I la, lapak lapak!

Last edited by amtak : 2nd June 2008 at 12:25.
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Till now nothing has been confirmed about the i20,after the launch of the i10 santro is still available,so i guess after the launch of the i20 the Getz will still be a part of hyundai for sometime.

I see this i20 forum turned out to be a getz forum cheers

Ramie
Cheers!

ATleast this much is confirmed. The i20 (or whatever its name going to be) will be manufactured in the new chennai plant by Nov 08 for export purposes. However IF the car would be launched in India is not sure/decided yet. Hyundai has stated it will take that decision based on market demand/condition at that point of time

SOurce: Various news articles/statements by senior Hyundai execs i have read in past 2-3 months.

ELito

Last edited by Elito11 : 2nd June 2008 at 12:34.
Old 4th June 2008, 15:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Some Spy Pics of i20

Here are some spy pics of i20 ( Source : Carfantic)

Old 2nd July 2008, 23:05   #34
BHPian

Info on i20

The newly launched Auto Bild (July edition) carries some info on the i20.

It includes an artists impression which i found not so convincing. However the interesting part is the engine line up

i20 will be launched with two engines initially

1.2 Petrol (The same that will also be available in i10 starting August 08)
1.5 Diesel (I am guessing its the Verna/Getz D unit)

Also later a 1.4 petrol will be introduced (the 'kappa' series successor to current 1.3 L in Getz)

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 2nd July 2008 at 23:06. Reason: grammatical error
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

I think Hyundai should launch the 1.3 Crdi in the i20. The same motor is doing duty in the i30 in most markets. 1.3crdi shall be a good option and i20 crdi can then compete with Swift DDIS. Wonder why Hyundai is still sticking to the 1.5 CRDI for hatchbacks. That make them quite expensive.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think Hyundai should launch the 1.3 Crdi in the i20. The same motor is doing duty in the i30 in most markets. 1.3crdi shall be a good option and i20 crdi can then compete with Swift DDIS. Wonder why Hyundai is still sticking to the 1.5 CRDI for hatchbacks. That make them quite expensive.
I have not heard of THAT engine, are you sure? Please paste some link for that if you can

Elito
Old 16th July 2008, 15:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Saw Hyundai I20 in ARAI.. it was unloading from the Truck..sorry couldnt get the pics.....looks beautiful...from side the rear door window is like Swift or Fabia. head lamps are somehow similar to New Indica, Peageot styled.. rear boot opener is similar to I10.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Saw Hyundai I20 in ARAI.. it was unloading from the Truck..sorry couldnt get the pics.....looks beautiful...from side the rear door window is like Swift or Fabia. head lamps are somehow similar to New Indica, Peageot styled.. rear boot opener is similar to I10.
Was it a hatchback or a sedan?
Old 16th July 2008, 16:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

it was a Hatchback..heavily Covered..
Old 16th July 2008, 16:15   #40
BHPian

I'm shocked that THE SPY isn't carrying his weapon!!! so can we expect spy pics soon? was the car camouflaged?
Old 16th July 2008, 16:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I'm shocked that THE SPY isn't carrying his weapon!!! so can we expect spy pics soon? was the car camouflaged?
i was carrying my weapon....but the security guard was also carrying his weapon..and i was standing inside of ARAI.. so if the guard found you clicking pics..you will be in JAIL.. yes it was camouflaged...but there were some open bodies of I20... also saw new city..same car that spotted somedays ago by BHPian..hope i will again get a chance to enter ARAI.
Old 16th July 2008, 17:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
i was carrying my weapon....but the security guard was also carrying his weapon..and i was standing inside of ARAI.. so if the guard found you clicking pics..you will be in JAIL.. yes it was camouflaged...but there were some open bodies of I20... also saw new city..same car that spotted somedays ago by BHPian..hope i will again get a chance to enter ARAI.
Just curious, what's ARAI?
Old 16th July 2008, 17:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tushkys Back finally! Thanks for the info. It would be great if you could get some interior pics of New City next time around.
Old 16th July 2008, 18:43   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Just curious, what's ARAI?
Welcome to ARAI - SIAT emission certification structural dynamics advanced engine testing SLED facility CAE industry

it is the Automotive Research Association of India which certifies vehicles for use in India which is needed by every RTO.
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai I20 Revealed

Hi Guys,

The much awaited 120 has been revealed on Autocar UK.
Heres the link

Autocar - First look: Hyundai i20

Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd September 2008 at 19:47. Reason: Search please before new thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks