Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2007, 10:19   #16
BHPian

Getz days are numbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Wouldn't i20 give a head-2-head competition to getz....
In my opinion Getz days are numbered. I wondered how people get the parts to these vehicles once they discontinued. Is Hyundai good a that. ?

I was wondering what the owners of Elantra are going to do with respect to the parts since Hyundai officially announced it is obsolete.
Old 21st November 2007, 16:13   #17
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
In my opinion Getz days are numbered. I wondered how people get the parts to these vehicles once they discontinued. Is Hyundai good a that. ?

I was wondering what the owners of Elantra are going to do with respect to the parts since Hyundai officially announced it is obsolete.
Parts do not necessarily disappear or become expensive just because a model or variant is discontinued. The manufacturer (and suppliers of said parts) can churn out per market demands for a long time.

You should talk to the service manager (not the sales staff) about this, to be sure.

Old 22nd November 2007, 05:35   #18
BHPian

Very true. From the manufacturer's point of view, there is still money to be made from spare parts. So long as there is a sufficiently large base of cars in the market, there will always be demand for parts. Unless one plans to keep a car for decades past its production end date, one need not worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Parts do not necessarily disappear or become expensive just because a model or variant is discontinued. The manufacturer (and suppliers of said parts) can churn out per market demands for a long time.

You should talk to the service manager (not the sales staff) about this, to be sure.
Old 22nd November 2007, 09:02   #19
BHPian

Guys,

Agree with SuperSyn/Goacam.

There is a practise by auto makers that, once the vehicle is discontinued, they have to supply spares atleast for 10-15 years.
Most of the cars would use same parts as auto makers try to commonise the parts among same familiy of cars.
For ex: you may find that between Santro/Getz/Accent many parts would be common.

So don't worry about phased out cars such as Elantra/Baleno.

Anju
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:36   #20
BHPian

Hyundai to make Small cars only in INDIA

Hyundai Won't Make Mini-Cars in SKorea

Hyundai Won't Make Mini-Cars in SKorea: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money
Old 28th November 2007, 16:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post

Wat rubbish!

I wonder how people can be so maliced and opinionated when on a public forum!

Hyundai is going to make India its small car hub. And kudos to the company for sticking to a product it believes in! I personally think Hyundai is a good company to do business with. They offer quality products and take to consumer feedback very well!

Elito
Old 28th November 2007, 16:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Very well said Eltio11.Your 2 American paisas are worth crores.

People who are rational buyers, would appreciate the greatness of most underrated car called as Getz. But that group of people are very less. Is it not always so!

Anju
Thanks Anju!

Elito
Old 28th November 2007, 16:47   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
I wonder how people can be so maliced and opinionated when on a public forum!
Getz was introduced in the year 2002 (internationally). And by international standards, the new model is due in 2008.

Since India is the small car hub for hyundai, don't think they'll continue selling the Getz once it has been replaced everywhere else. And the fact that sales are low for the Getz wont help its cause either.

Getz is a good car. And i think it never got the attention it deserved, mainly due to hyundai not supporting it properly.
Old 28th November 2007, 20:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Getz was introduced in the year 2002 (internationally). And by international standards, the new model is due in 2008.

Since India is the small car hub for hyundai, don't think they'll continue selling the Getz once it has been replaced everywhere else.

But does that validate the statement i replied to? Do you think THAT could be cited as a reason to call 'Getz days are numbered' and basing it on 'spare part avalaibility'. Every car goes out someday isn't it!

Also we are not sure about the 2008 model yet right? I personally have read that i20 will replace Getz, however i have ALSO read that like Santro and i10 Getz will continue selling along i20 (Article in the economic times and also on Forum)

And the fact that sales are low for the Getz wont help its cause either.

Sir what would you define low sales? India is a big market! yes the Getz may not have been a runaway success like Swift, but i still see plenty around to NOT call it a flop. I personally woudn't let this be too much of an issue (you can say i bought it it last year), after all on TBPH we have people buying and selling cars like Palio (terrible ***), Baleno (out of production and a FLOP), ZEN (out of production) and Esteem (soon to be out of prodcution)!

Getz is a good car. And i think it never got the attention it deserved, mainly due to hyundai not supporting it properly.

I would strongly disagree. Getz was ALWAYS meant to be a quality/premium hatch. it was formulated keeping the European markets in mind and launched in India with the same intent. However due to various cultural/geo-political reasons Indians did not take to it the way Hyundai expected. Its really a matter of perspective. I would rather praise Hyundai for sticking to a product it believed in, giving us a quality product, not diluting its character by localising parts or cutting corners to reduce price or reduce quality. (U really have to trust me on this!...i have NEVER met/read about a unhappy getz owner. I own one and i say the company delivered what it promised. A good, solid, reliable car..may not be a looker like Swift or Hot like Palio, but having its own merits).

As for Hyundai not promoting it. Sania Mirza did try hard..did she not?
Plz excuse me if i sound argumentative, but i am a bit miffed seeing a lot of biased people trashing a good car for no reason or for purely their lack of perspective.

Elito
Old 28th November 2007, 21:26   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but i am a bit miffed seeing a lot of biased people trashing a good car for no reason or for purely their lack of perspective.

Yes, i get you. To be frank, i didnt like the Getz, specially the 1.1. hated it from the specifications. But a recent TD revealed that i was totally wrong. Loved the Getz from the lot i drove. have given the details in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ads-share.html
Quote:
Sir what would you define low sales? India is a big market! yes the Getz may not have been a runaway success like Swift, but i still see plenty around to NOT call it a flop
Don't call the Palio terrible/flop. Thats inviting trouble.

But, i disagree with Hyundai supporting the Getz. Sure Sania tried, but i wonder why they have done such a confused launch for the Getz CRDi! And Getz 1.3 is priced too high to justify!

OT: And no 'sir' please. Just a college kid spending his spare time here.
Old 28th November 2007, 23:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Sir what would you define low sales? India is a big market! yes the Getz may not have been a runaway success like Swift, but i still see plenty around to NOT call it a flop. I personally woudn't let this be too much of an issue (you can say i bought it it last year), after all on TBPH we have people buying and selling cars like Palio (terrible ***), Baleno (out of production and a FLOP), ZEN (out of production) and Esteem (soon to be out of prodcution)!
Sorry, but unlike the Santro, the sales numbers of the Getz are low at around 2000 units per month. This is tiny. Hence while sales in the Indian market will be able to sustain production of the Santro for some time(unless they price it intentionally to kill it), I will question whether there is suffcient sales volume of the Getz to have both it and the i20 in production at the same time. Remember, once the i20 comes, the Getz will be withdrawn from the international markets.

Quote:
I would strongly disagree. Getz was ALWAYS meant to be a quality/premium hatch. it was formulated keeping the European markets in mind and launched in India with the same intent. However due to various cultural/geo-political reasons Indians did not take to it the way Hyundai expected. Its really a matter of perspective. I would rather praise Hyundai for sticking to a product it believed in, giving us a quality product, not diluting its character by localising parts or cutting corners to reduce price or reduce quality. (U really have to trust me on this!...i have NEVER met/read about a unhappy getz owner. I own one and i say the company delivered what it promised. A good, solid, reliable car..may not be a looker like Swift or Hot like Palio, but having its own merits).

As for Hyundai not promoting it. Sania Mirza did try hard..did she not?
Elito
No one is denying that the Getz is not a good car. I'm thinking of getting one myself (for my dad). However, no matter how you slice it, it has not generated the sales volume - or are you saying that Hyundai would actually prefer not selling more if it could! The bottom line is that the Getz got railroaded by the Swift, thanks to its pricing structure. You and I and perhaps the european market may have liked the Getz, but the Indian market did not. When in Rome do as .....
Old 28th November 2007, 23:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Yes, i get you. To be frank, i didnt like the Getz, specially the 1.1. hated it from the specifications. But a recent TD revealed that i was totally wrong. Loved the Getz from the lot i drove. have given the details in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ads-share.html

I am glad you understand. Good report. Even i was sceptical after reading the getz 1.1 specs! but then again so many ppl have written good things about it, so maybe i am wrong.

Don't call the Palio terrible/flop. Thats inviting trouble.

But, i disagree with Hyundai supporting the Getz. Sure Sania tried, but i wonder why they have done such a confused launch for the Getz CRDi! And Getz 1.3 is priced too high to justify!

For the 1.5 launch read this! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post632916

Well i agree at the time of launch Getz was surely overpriced but then again small things go a long way in ensuring quality. Consider this - i often drive at night and sometimes with windows rolled up and no music and very less traffic..the only noise i hear is of the tyres and engine! I wonder how many Swift owners can boast of that!!

BTW the current base Getz 1.3 is just 10k dearer than the base Swift. offcourse the ZXi is real VFM over getz premium models!

OT: And no 'sir' please. Just a college kid spending his spare time here.

Sure! i remember glancing at your 'senior -bhpian' Tag before writing that!

Elito
Old 29th November 2007, 10:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goacom View Post
1) Sorry, but unlike the Santro, the sales numbers of the Getz are low at around 2000 units per month. This is tiny. Hence while sales in the Indian market will be able to sustain production of the Santro for some time(unless they price it intentionally to kill it), I will question whether there is suffcient sales volume of the Getz to have both it and the i20 in production at the same time. Remember, once the i20 comes, the Getz will be withdrawn from the international markets.

No one is denying that the Getz is not a good car. I'm thinking of getting one myself (for my dad). However, no matter how you slice it, it has not generated the sales volume - 2) or are you saying that Hyundai would actually prefer not selling more if it could! The 3) bottom line is that the Getz got railroaded by the Swift, thanks to its pricing structure. You and I and perhaps the european market may have liked the Getz, 4)but the Indian market did not. When in Rome do as .....

1) Whatever i said was in reference. you are taking it out of context.
Example: Ravana was learned man! - how does that sound!

Don't just reply for the sake of it!

2) I am not gonna answer that question. It requires more than a YES or NO. Just an query - Were you around when Toyota withdrew Qualis?

3) How does that contribute to the discussion we are having! Lets keep marketing or sales talk out of this. This was never a Swift vs Getz Debate. I used the 'less noise' example to explain what certain people might like or appreciate in a car like Getz.

Try this - Google > Define: perspective.

4) hahahaha!. THAT is an endless argument. I would avoid 'universally appealing', 'seemingly wise' quotes like these!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 29th November 2007 at 10:33.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:16   #29
BHPian

Any updates on this???
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmur View Post
Any updates on this???
Till now nothing has been confirmed about the i20,after the launch of the i10 santro is still available,so i guess after the launch of the i20 the Getz will still be a part of hyundai for sometime.

I see this i20 forum turned out to be a getz forum cheers

Ramie

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks