Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 12:13   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How light is the 1 lac car going to be? Tata isnt exactly known for fuel-efficient petrols. And for a Tata petrol to deliver 25 kpl (vis a vis the 800 at 15 kpl), I have a feeling this car is going to tip the scales at 500 kilos? The 800 is 665.
Old 20th December 2007, 12:26   #32
BHPian

Despicable double standard

Those who own cars can't complain about increase in pollution and traffic jam, due to availability of 'One Lac Tata Car'. Period.

Last edited by ravradha : 20th December 2007 at 12:27.
Old 20th December 2007, 12:35   #33
BHPian

Let all the people who were really dreaming of owning one, enjoy the 1 lac car. Govt agencies need to wakeup to give that extra driving space, parking space in cities and definitely a space to park at home too.
Old 20th December 2007, 12:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How light is the 1 lac car going to be? Tata isnt exactly known for fuel-efficient petrols. And for a Tata petrol to deliver 25 kpl (vis a vis the 800 at 15 kpl), I have a feeling this car is going to tip the scales at 500 kilos? The 800 is 665.
It would be around 600 KG according to a report in business line.

And there would be an Manual version too.

source: The Hindu Business Line : People's car: In manual, automatic versions
Old 20th December 2007, 13:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

0-60 in 25 secs ?

eeeeee
Old 20th December 2007, 14:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Performance Enthusiaists can think of plonking a Esteem engine since it weighs really light. E1(Esteem 1Lakhs Car)
Old 20th December 2007, 15:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
25 kmpl?
So this thread may become a reality.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rs-choice.html
Except these Taxis will create low pollution and as the car is small in size it will also occupy less space. But No of cars will be huge it its a successful one and Atleast the taxi will look more elegant then compares to premier padminis and omnis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
OT : 25km for a petrol is not that great. Considering Swift Diesel goes the same amount of kms in the cost of 1liter of petrol.

Tata 1 Lakh Car - The next hyped thing
HYPED? Chk out the link up above. Its been compared to taxis and what not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
The next hyped thing ??? I think it is less hyped than it should be.Before comparing the two lets bear in mind that Swift diesel is whopping 4 and 1/2 lacs (or should I say more than 400%) costlier to TOLC ( Tata's one Lac car).
Absolutely. Atleast swift is not the so called taxi. If you compare the one lac car and the swift then

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby.sam View Post
Let all the people who were really dreaming of owning one, enjoy the 1 lac car. Govt agencies need to wakeup to give that extra driving space, parking space in cities and definitely a space to park at home too.
absolutely yes. Govt needs to wake up even if there was no 1Lac car being manufactured.
Old 20th December 2007, 16:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

I mean to say, the One Lakh car news is all over the news, papers and there are quite a few threads on team-bhp as well.

Well lets hope Tata gets it right this time. Otherwise we will have a One Lac V2
Old 20th December 2007, 16:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I mean to say, the One Lakh car news is all over the news, papers and there are quite a few threads on team-bhp as well.
Yes, and with good reason too - given the brief they had (car for four people, economical, lightweight and within USD 2,000 then - USD 2,250 now) it is a project that was scoffed at by rivals, ridiculed and generally regarded with disbelief by others.

It certainly deserves the news coverage it is getting. Whether the car itself is worth it is another issue altogether and is something we cannot comment on at this moment.

Still, if you look through jaundiced eyes you can only see yellow.
Old 20th December 2007, 18:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yes, and with good reason too - given the brief they had (car for four people, economical, lightweight and within USD 2,000 then - USD 2,250 now) it is a project that was scoffed at by rivals, ridiculed and generally regarded with disbelief by others.

It certainly deserves the news coverage it is getting. Whether the car itself is worth it is another issue altogether and is something we cannot comment on at this moment.

Still, if you look through jaundiced eyes you can only see yellow.
You have summed it up beautifully
Old 20th December 2007, 21:30   #41
SuperSyn

This will really hurt the sales of two wheeler manufacturers. The high interest rates are bad enough, and this might be the final nail. I expect much whining.

Old 20th December 2007, 21:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

One observation. Two years from now one may find immaculately maintained 1 lakh cars at 50k in the used car market.
Old 20th December 2007, 23:02   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
This will really hurt the sales of two wheeler manufacturers. The high interest rates are bad enough, and this might be the final nail. I expect much whining.
True, the younger crowd may still want to get their two wheels but whats interesting to see would be the number of people with families switching over from 2 to 4 wheels with this car.

By the way how much is the difference in the interest rate for a new car versus for that a new two wheeler. I guess if the EMI for this car is not drastically higher that of a 2 wheeler then we can see a lot more people taking this car up as their mode of transportation.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:14   #44
BHPian

Found a new photo claiming to be the artist ommpression.

Source : Artist’s Impression: Tata Abarth 1-Lakh Car?
Old 21st December 2007, 12:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

If people switch from two wheels to the One Lac car, then expect alot o traffic problems. Already the road infrastructure is poor. I am not saying the one lac car is a bad thing. Its a fantastic effort by Tata Only if our roads were a wee bit better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks