Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 21:21   #691
BHPian

i've seen couple of fabia's, even some with aftermarket alloys they look good but looks more like a swift. at a quick glance one cant differentiate.
Old 7th February 2008, 21:42   #692
Senior - BHPian

Till today, I had not seen a single Fabia on Bangalore's roads. But today itself, I saw two of them, one in Silver colour and the other one in Red. Looks like the deliveries have just started.
Old 7th February 2008, 21:50   #693
Senior - BHPian

I've seen quite a few (6-7) in Kochi over the last 2 weeks. Saw one in Trivandrum too. Most of them were the top-of-the line ones (the ones with alloys).

The tyres/wheels looked way too small to me. Even with an upsize, I feel they'd look puny (diameter-wise).
Old 8th February 2008, 02:39   #694
BANNED

In our diesel crazy territory, there's hardly any out there to be noticed. I've driven across Kerala quiet a few times and haven't seen even 1 on the highways. Seen some doing rounds in the city limits. It's very easy for one to miss it as it has inherited a lot from the Swift, mini and many other cars (sadly, most ancestors are alive and kicking hard as competition to this).

Sorry Skoda! After all the wait, it wasn't what we expected/needed.

Some of our members here have already bought Swift diesels after shouting so much for the Fabia. That alone explains how bad response it has recieved in the market.
Old 8th February 2008, 09:29   #695
BHPian

any TBHP member owning the fabia yet? how about a new car owner's report?
Old 8th February 2008, 09:31   #696
BHPian

Guys,

Anybody know the estimated regular paid service charges for Fabia. I know the spares will be costly, but just want to know the cost involved in normal maintenance.

Regards,
Karthik.
Old 8th February 2008, 10:43   #697
BHPian

Have seen only 2 Fabias in Mumbai. One is White and the other one is the sky blue mini copy mentioned earlier. I think the white was a test drive vehicle as it was taking rounds all evening. The mini copy was so badly done that i wouldnt pay 4 lakhs for it if i was offered. I even thought for a second that it was a sad looking swift.
The white though, looked very classy.

Skoda, you have gone all wrong with the engine. The price would have been justified if only you had given an enjoyable engine, something like the 1.6 Palio. Then i wouldve seen Fabias all over the place im sure. A puny engine is your biggest mistake & after all, Skodas were known for their performance. From where did you manage to get such a stupid decision of a tiny motor for 8 Lakhs???
Old 8th February 2008, 10:55   #698
BHPian

Just realised. SKODA, i have a suggestion for you.

A Fabia RS priced at 8-9 Lakhs with the 1.9 TDi engine from the Octavia...SWEEEET
It would be one of the fastest cars around with fuel economy to match
It would surely sell like butter in a market full of bread :P
Cant even imagine owning this one.

You see, the old engine would mean no unnecessary investment as the infrastructure for production is already there, and us customers would lap it up without even thinking about it. Just what you need.
Old 8th February 2008, 11:15   #699
BHPian

hi guys...was planning on buying a new car and had narrowed down to the fabia verna and sx4. As of now sx4 is out due to the build quality and quality of plastics. Also I fell it looks a bit odd. I spoke to a couple of people in the auto business in bangalore and they feel that the fabia is a bit overpriced and also its very expensive to maintain and service. In fact one of them told me it will be as expensive to maintain as owning two vernas or citys. I was looking at the petrol models.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:00   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
any TBHP member owning the fabia yet? how about a new car owner's report?
we are waiting for da TBHPian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Guys,

Anybody know the estimated regular paid service charges for Fabia. I know the spares will be costly, but just want to know the cost involved in normal maintenance.

Regards,
Karthik.
Was wondering about this as we know Octavias use synthetics and hence Fabia should too and hence minimum should be a 3K bill.
Old 8th February 2008, 15:13   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
hi guys...was planning on buying a new car and had narrowed down to the fabia verna and sx4. As of now sx4 is out due to the build quality and quality of plastics. Also I fell it looks a bit odd. I spoke to a couple of people in the auto business in bangalore and they feel that the fabia is a bit overpriced and also its very expensive to maintain and service. In fact one of them told me it will be as expensive to maintain as owning two vernas or citys. I was looking at the petrol models.
you heard it right. servicing cost will be close to that of octavia and it has often been said that servicing cost of octavia is close to that of a Merc C-class.

The problem is no parts are made locally. And we all know the cost of European imported parts with their asbestos-lead-mercury-free products. You can probably ask them how much those tiny tire valve caps on Fabia would cost to replace with genuine ones :-)
Old 8th February 2008, 16:53   #702
BHPian

I had an opportunity to park my Swift next to a Fabia, trust me, Fabia doesnt look any bigger than my Swift, infact it looks like a swift from many angles (except the rear) I dont think, this deserves to be called a Premium hatch. But yet, features and build quality are far far superior, but does that deserve a heafty premium?
Old 8th February 2008, 20:06   #703
Senior - BHPian

can we have some pics of the spottings guys?
Old 8th February 2008, 20:18   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
can we have some pics of the spottings guys?

And another check this

Quote:
The problem is no parts are made locally.
So whose problem is it? Customers for buying the car? Or companies for taking the easy way out and not localising the parts?
Old 9th February 2008, 12:10   #705
BHPian

Here in kochi, I see atleast 3 of them daily in my morning drive,not bad for such an overpriced car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks