Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2005, 10:08   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
in 2006 even fiat is going to use its famed multijet diesel engine along with maruti .
Butttttttttttttttttttt Maruti is going to miss the boat - As always. While almost every manufacturer will have CRDi engines in 2005, Maruti will offer the latest in diesel engines only by end-2006.

GTO
Old 8th January 2005, 12:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

I love the older generation Zen mainly because of its looks and its a good car overall. However, now the looks seem old but I guess its one of the best cars you could mod. It looks very good and has the sporty feeling. Over that, Maruti has always provided us with good cars and at good prices. And if I'm not wrong, their spare parts are not too expensive. Whenever Maruti launches a car, you can expect it to be a good Indian car. In fact, I'd love to buy a second-hand Zen to any car, BECAUSE its got good mileage, cheap, and easy to maintain.
Old 8th January 2005, 15:03   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

yeah GTO thats true but in 2006 3 manufacturers are going to have JTD engines and other manufacturers are going to miss a beat .
the good news about this engine for maruti is that they will have very competitive cars and for fiat, if maruti makes it , it will be cheap and increase their sales and for us consumers it will still be a win win situation

hey gordon dude i think that the zen is just too expensivefor its space, design and age .
for an everyday consumer looking for FE and maintainance and looks the zen scores
the alto ad wagonR and santro are too ugly, the 800 to basic , palio and indica loose out on FE
so the winner is zen .
its only informed people like us or smart people who ask us benefit and go for the other cars in its segment
Old 10th February 2005, 18:22   #19
BHPian

In an indian context, i would think reliability, A.S.S, low maintenance-cost and Fuel Efficiency is the key thing here for the zen sales. Also being a small car its easier to park in our crowded cities and also that its a notch above M800 in its styling.

I personally don't like it because of its low ground clearance. And tiny luggage space.

Trust me, make another car with the improved ground clearance and more luggage space with the same reliability, A.S.S, low maintenance and Fuel Efficiency and you'll have a winner.
Old 10th February 2005, 22:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
Trust me, make another car with the improved ground clearance and more luggage space with the same reliability, A.S.S, low maintenance and Fuel Efficiency and you'll have a winner.

hey man23ish,
more luggage space means more weight which means lesser FE.how can that car have bettre FE than a zen.

the Swift could be somewhat similar to your defination of a winner.but it will never give more FE than the zen .
Old 11th February 2005, 12:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
hey man23ish,
more luggage space means more weight which means lesser FE.how can that car have bettre FE than a zen.

the Swift could be somewhat similar to your defination of a winner.but it will never give more FE than the zen .
heh heh lol are you telling me that there hasn't been any work done on engine technologies after the zens engine?? Get a CRDI or a GDI engine and see the difference for yourself..

Zens engine is quite outdated dude..

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th February 2005 at 03:29.
Old 11th February 2005, 12:23   #22
BHPian

UR Right

Basically All I Have To Say Is That Only A Zen Driver Knows The True Feel Of The Car... .But There Are Valid Points On The Ground Clearance....And Boot Space Of The Car... ..Though The Ride And Feel Of The Car Is Great. ....Many Zen Drivers And Owners Have Modded Their Zenz On Accounts To The Ride Height And All BUt On Accounts To Boot Space Only A Body Modification Can Help U Out...Anyways TaKe Care

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th February 2005 at 03:28.
Old 11th February 2005, 12:47   #23
BHPian

2 of my close friends went for a zen eventhough there were a lot of options available..

The motto may have been

"it's a maruthi network!"

"if so many ppl have bought it, ther must be something."

"let's join the herd!"

Maruthi has not used its leadership to its advantage and i see it's gradual slide!
Old 12th February 2005, 02:48   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

i also feel that zen is very outdated car and should be continued,it is no looks cute and neither is as sporty as it used to be
Old 2nd May 2005, 08:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

guys have v forgotten the Maruti 800??!!!!
Old 2nd May 2005, 11:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Butttttttttttttttttttt Maruti is going to miss the boat - As always. While almost every manufacturer will have CRDi engines in 2005, Maruti will offer the latest in diesel engines only by end-2006.

GTO
well gto,
MUL has signed up with FIAT to buy their diesel engines.
as of no the swift will have the fiat m13a engine a 1.3l 100 bhp powerhorse. soon all diesel engines will be supplied by FIAT to MUL
Old 2nd May 2005, 11:14   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Correct. But the 1.3 JTD is still going be launched only by end-2006.

GTO
Old 2nd May 2005, 11:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

what!!!!!!!! end 2006..by then what u say holds true
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:01   #29
BANNED

But when the JTD will come in the maruti it should hopefully come with the Palio as well and i am sure all bhpains whould choose a Palio over a Zen leaving the service criteria obviously. I mean if fiat gets it act together about its service and dealers then

Last edited by Montoya : 2nd May 2005 at 13:03.
Old 10th May 2005, 02:14   #30
BHPian

something for everyone

I think the zen is a great car because it pleases everyone.
Till last year we were a maruti800 parivar with very limited city running.
However when one of the 800s desperately started yearning for retirement and major expenses, we decided to go in for a new car.

My Mom didnt like the looks of the WagonR so that was ruled out, I didnt want another 800cc,so the Alto was ruled out. One part we all agreed on was that we didnt like the Santro, each with different reasons.

The Zen has a decent fuel economy that my Dad appreciates, my mom likes the look of the car tho she preferred the older zen, still she retains her fondness for it... As for me i like the rev happy engine and the low slung sports car feel!

In our family, my dad always gets the new car and then its passed on according to seniority ... so its important that the decision is collective and everyone is happy.

Its that time again when we need another small car and the debate is on ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks