Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 19:54   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzter View Post
ok i take back my words....DC doesn't know how to design and we should definately be harsh on him....
I beg to differ, I think these are some really nice designs. The Ambierod looks really nice and integrates design elements of the Ambassador into its design so well but at the same time gives it a nice fresh twist. I dont know about you but I really loved the designs.
Old 14th January 2008, 19:55   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Incidently, this is the only DC product so far which seems to be a bit Value For Money, you can get 8 of these for the price of one Bently.

Is DC offering Test Drives, just looking at the paper its difficult to judge the car, some magazine should test the handling and the way the engine responds.
I tihnk he is talking about the Ambierod which is apparently for 4 crores.
Old 14th January 2008, 20:24   #108
Senior - BHPian

All i want now is JEremy clarkson to drive this amby.
Old 14th January 2008, 21:00   #109
BHPian

The DC S sure looks HOT and should do well if priced at 25 l. The Ambierod looks ok but definitely not worth 4cr.
Old 15th January 2008, 12:23   #110
Senior - BHPian

Old 15th January 2008, 13:31   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I tihnk he is talking about the Ambierod which is apparently for 4 crores.
Hmm, yes... surely 4 crore would buy a pretty nice Bentley?

Maybe not in India, with the import tax
Old 17th January 2008, 11:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

the amberod really looked horrible imho..! as with most DC designs it was just a patch work of various design themes ! i mean - the design is not free flowing..its as if different bits and pieces were designed independently and put together later by someone else..

and i realy dont know what that BMW v-12 would do in this body !! and interior space is kind of ok - interior design theme again was jarring to say the least...

even at 40 lakhs i dont know who would buy it !
Old 17th January 2008, 12:26   #113
Senior - BHPian

IN my opinoin the rear of the car is inspired from DIMORA NATALIA SLS2

(which is the world first V16 car which cost Twice as much as a bugatti veyron)
Old 17th January 2008, 16:24   #114
BHPian

i completely agree khanak but thats not what i'm saying....

like ok the car looks good and all but 4 crores!!

it can seat only 3.... has no wooden exotic stuff et all u get in a typical rolls royce.... it has no brand name...

Imagine what would u like to say
"I got a Rolls Phantom" or "I gotta AMBIErod"
and the interiors look all out of place just look at the ac vents!! like i said in my previous post!

the DC S looks crap but i bet it would look good from some angles and 25 Lakhs is a good pricing....(from typical DC point of view)

but the AMBIErod is a perfect no no.... if he puts a better interior for what i admire him the most which i can't right now.....this car would be a killer!

cheers
Old 17th January 2008, 17:45   #115
Senior - BHPian

Worth appreciating the effort

If we're bashing up DC for the Amberoid, why not bash up the other foreign manufacturers who put up bigmouthed/ fat a**ed concepts at other international motor shows ? Why arent we doing that ? Doesnt the Merc F700 concept have a big mouth ?

Concept cars are meant to provoke the visiting public and - gain publicity. Attract more people to a company's stall, showcase the company's ability in design and build. The Amberoid surely has achieved this.

The amberoid is an interesting concept - each one can have his/her own opinion. Will i buy it if I have the money ? - No. Will I admire the design / build and effort. Absolutely yes.

DC is all about exclusivity. You can see 10 RRs on the Mumbai roads maybe, but there will be only one Amberoid. Anyone who wants to attract attention, make heads turn, will probably buy one, if he has the cash to spare.

Also look at the coaches that DC has built on Volvo gear to get a sense of his work.
Old 18th January 2008, 18:49   #116
BHPian

I tought the car was based on the NOBLE m12.Which 3 litres V6 is it?
When is the first car coming on roads
Old 18th January 2008, 23:22   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzter View Post
i completely agree khanak but thats not what i'm saying....

like ok the car looks good and all but 4 crores!!

it can seat only 3.... has no wooden exotic stuff et all u get in a typical rolls royce.... it has no brand name...

Imagine what would u like to say
"I got a Rolls Phantom" or "I gotta AMBIErod"
and the interiors look all out of place just look at the ac vents!! like i said in my previous post!

the DC S looks crap but i bet it would look good from some angles and 25 Lakhs is a good pricing....(from typical DC point of view)

but the AMBIErod is a perfect no no.... if he puts a better interior for what i admire him the most which i can't right now.....this car would be a killer!

cheers
How does it matter how many people it can seat? At this price point I dont see transportation as the main reason to buy a car. Also when you say it doesnt have exotic wood fittings, how can you be sure? Do you have information about whats inside?

Like somseone else mentioned in this thread the whole concept of getting your car designed at DC is to be unique and Im sure DC knows this. Even at other price points, once can buy a regular production car which is several segments higher instead of getting DC to design a car for you, but that will leave you with just another car that everyone has, but the car you get from DC will be unique and made exactly the way you like it. Some people value this exclusivity above all else and thats why DC is doing so well today.

As for the DC S, I guess it depends on person to person. In India there really isnt much you can get at 25 lakhs in terms of a sports car so DC pretty much has the whole market to capture.
Old 19th January 2008, 00:04   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
thanks for the vid...it's a amazing looking car but asking 4 crores is stupid for it...I think for 9-10 lacs it would have sold like hot cakes...
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:08   #119
Senior - BHPian

While the debate rages on, here is a couple more..

Be objective. Forget the price for a moment, you have to applaud the effort. DC is displaying his skills to the global audience.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:16   #120
Senior - BHPian

yes if we forget the price then its an all together different game.very good designs and the sports one is ok for that price if it has the punch in the heart,not pinch in the heart character.
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks