Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 06:50   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
I'd go with the indigo.
More space inside the cabin and boot, more importantly its indian!
Have you sat inside both? I have and came away with the impression that the Logan is distinctly larger inside.

That apart, if you want a cheap diesel with a boot and dont care tii much about reliability or refinement get the Indigo. If you want the refinement and reliability but are willing to live with minor design niggles and shell out more money, go with the Logan. Ultimately it depends on what you prioritise while buying a car.

Personally, if I were looking for a diesel sedan in this segment, I would go for the Logan. Can't say much about the petrol variants as I haven't driven those for either Logan or Indigo.
Old 5th February 2008, 08:23   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Personally, if I were looking for a diesel sedan in this segment, I would go for the Logan. Can't say much about the petrol variants as I haven't driven those for either Logan or Indigo.
Car per car, my choice would also be the Logan. However, not now and not for this price.

I went to the Mahindra-Renault showroom when Logan was launched here. They called me two days back asking me to reconsider the Logan as they are having fantastic features. Came to know that they were looking into old log books as sales haven't been to expectations.

Top end 1.4 petrol is available at 4.49L now. It wont be too long before they slash prices for diesel variants also.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
dont know, had requested the mods earlier

mods::can we have a poll on this
very predictable the results would be. like 90 to 10 for Tata.

The logan is extremely spacious compared to the Indigo. NVH levels are also a lot better. My vote goes to the Logan even at that price.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
very predictable the results would be. like 90 to 10 for Tata.

but still atleast we can have a general opinion of other members.
Old 5th February 2008, 15:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Saw a CS today. Was looking decent in red. If you can do away with the less boot. Then i think you would prefer the Indigo.
Old 5th February 2008, 15:59   #36
BHPian

My vote goes for Indigo.

Reason# 1: Indigo fairs well in terms of maneurablity and handling.
Reason# 2: FE is good, I have been getting 15kmpl for 2.5 yrs now.
Reason# 3: What you pay is what you get. I dont think I would get a sedan with ample trunk space for 5.3L on road.
Reason# 4: Space is ample in the car. Ideal for long drives. I have driven Bangalore-Hyd non-stop twice, once with parents- they were quite happy with the back seat comfort. Thanks to 3link independent suspension.
Reason# 5: After Sales Service of Tata has improved over the years. I did 30K service of Indigo last week, and the couple of issues (namely higher engine noise and rattling doors) were fixed. Overall service experience has improved over 2.5 yrs.
Reason# 6: I dont have a habit of downplaying my belongins.

Most importantly: Indigo was designed in India for carrying people with good vfm, not like Renault(Dacia) Logan which was meant for New Now Know How: Four adults, a pig, a sink, and 100kg of potatoes
- No offence meant to Logan owners
Old 5th February 2008, 16:58   #37
BHPian

Though I am not a sedan person, I would prefer the Logan, even over the Marina. It is better built and more spacious. I prefer its understated looks too. The 'facelifts' have ruined the Indigo.
Old 5th February 2008, 17:17   #38
BHPian

with M&M's tussle with Renault, atlast I am voting for TATA vehicle!!! Indigo CS looks better in photos. With better and bigger rubbers and nice alloys it will look more cooler!
Old 5th February 2008, 17:22   #39
BHPian

Logan is better than a Tata vehicle w.r.t fit & finish, refinement etc,..
Old 5th February 2008, 17:38   #40
BHPian

Indigo over the Logan

Having driven both cars only over long routes, I'd prefer the Indigo for its VFM factor.

If given a bandwidth for price - sedan between 5 & 7 lacs - then all comparisons stop at Indigo.

If the comparison is purely academic and not for realistic purposes - Logan is a technically better product.

Buying decisions are price & time constrained in any equation and here is where the Logan certainly seems to loose out.

My bit of rationale to this debate here.

Cheers
Old 5th February 2008, 22:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalith_ka View Post
Most importantly: Indigo was designed in India for carrying people with good vfm, not like Renault(Dacia) Logan which was meant for New Now Know How: Four adults, a pig, a sink, and 100kg of potatoes
- No offence meant to Logan owners
Even the Indigo is designed to carry PIGs (only in its case the PIG is to be read as Pretty Indian Girls)
Old 5th February 2008, 23:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Even the Indigo is designed to carry PIGs (only in its case the PIG is to be read as Pretty Indian Girls)

good one:::
Old 6th February 2008, 12:38   #43
BHPian

I agree that Mahindra's after sales is a couple of notches above that of Tata's, but I'm of the opinion that the Indigo is definitely a better ride than the Logan. I prefer the looks as well, the logan looks too communist for my liking. What the trabant was for east germany, the logan could very well be for us. I think Tata quality is getting better as is evident in the recent launches at the expo [indica, nano, grande]. the cars there looked far more stylish and reports do suggest an overall improvement in performance and features.
Old 6th February 2008, 19:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Originally posted by jaibir
Quote:
Have you sat inside both? I have and came away with the impression that the Logan is distinctly larger inside.
I found the logan and indigo to almost go neck and neck, haven't sat in indigo, both had some problem with being test driven, but did sit in a friends logan. had checked out the indigo at the showroom, while looking out for new car in June.

Quote:
That apart, if you want a cheap diesel with a boot and dont care tii much about reliability or refinement get the Indigo.
I dont think there is a serious reliability is a problem nowdays, but was in the early days for tata vehicles.

Quote:
If you want the refinement and reliability but are willing to live with minor design niggles and shell out more money, go with the Logan. Ultimately it depends on what you prioritise while buying a car.
Thats my point! If i spend so much on a Logan, why shouldnt I just go ahead and get my self a Fiesta or a Verna, mebbe i'll have to pay a touch more.But then the Indigo is cost effective and gives a boot, which i just cant do without.
Pay something for what its worth....4 aane ki cheez 7 aane mein lene mein ka accha hain, jab 8 aane mein acchi cheez milti hain!?!
(sorry for the hindi, cant put that in down in english, it looses its meaning then)
Old 6th February 2008, 20:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Thats my point! If i spend so much on a Logan, why shouldnt I just go ahead and get my self a Fiesta or a Verna, mebbe i'll have to pay a touch more.But then the Indigo is cost effective and gives a boot, which i just cant do without.
Pay something for what its worth....4 aane ki cheez 7 aane mein lene mein ka accha hain, jab 8 aane mein acchi cheez milti hain!?!
(sorry for the hindi, cant put that in down in english, it looses its meaning then)
That is a fantastic way of looking at it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks