Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 21:45   #46
BHPian

Sorry for coming late to this thread, after reading whole story I am amazed that how people love Tata's cars (may be their reputation).

I would suggest all you people dont just go by your feelings check company & vehicle history their engine upgrades, refinements and technology used.

I have written a review of my own Logan (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-6500-kms.html), which I am telling you I did not like in first look but now hatsoff to its performance & VFM.

Regarding Mahindra Renault JV - please read news carefully - Mahindra Renault JV for Logan is different.

Renault and Nissan are one of the largest car seller in world, read about thier CRD (DCi) engine performance worldwide, Tata stands nowhere near if you talk about trust & technology.

Yes Indigo may look more makeupped which you could easily get it done through market.

Lastly I would again say - Dont look Renaults Logan by Mahindra as a manufacturer.
Old 6th February 2008, 22:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Logan all the way. I have driven both the Logan and the Indigo. Interior wise, Indigo wins hands on (I am talking about the looks). Comfort wise, Logan all the way.
Old 7th February 2008, 10:49   #48
BHPian

ezee - and by the same stance, don't look at the Indigo as manufactured by a local chota company. Tata is a major worldwide manufacturer with equal if not better footing.
Old 7th February 2008, 14:16   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
ezee - and by the same stance, don't look at the Indigo as manufactured by a local chota company. Tata is a major worldwide manufacturer with equal if not better footing.

tata`s are generally considered a chota local manufacturer,but it is not like that.
Old 7th February 2008, 15:01   #50
BHPian

Logan definetely. Indigo diesel engines do not last long with good health. Yes they last long but after 50K - 70 K kms they start degrading. I do not know how logan will be after 70 K but I would rather take a chance with logan
Old 7th February 2008, 15:25   #51
BHPian

undoubtedly the Logan, nothing to beat its engine performance (diesel) and the comfort level. Infact looks too (not that typical fatso). Its sturdyness is a class apart and does'nt like the tata which always gives a trucky feel
Old 10th February 2008, 00:55   #52
BHPian

any team bhpian who can tell the ex showroom prices(and discount avalaible)on logan.
i think there was a price change recently
Old 10th February 2008, 01:06   #53
BHPian

Indigo for me.

Indigo I think is entering its third generation (correct me if I am wrong). Tata has done lot of enhancements on the engine as well as on the build quality of the car.
Old 10th February 2008, 16:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

a white logan with nice chrome alloya and black tints will look better than a decked up indigo. looks apart, i think the logan's FE, refinement and ride is better than the indigo. most important, less said about the indigo's reliability, the better! and finally, the indigo is a too common sight on our roads.
so i prefer the logan.
Old 11th February 2008, 14:48   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Sorry for coming late to this thread, after reading whole story I am amazed that how people love Tata's cars (may be their reputation).

I would suggest all you people dont just go by your feelings check company & vehicle history their engine upgrades, refinements and technology used.
I am certainly not going by the "feelings" factor, and have actually put my money where my mouth is, as an extremely satisfied owner of the Indigo. Again, as I have already posted, car versus car, the Logan diesel is superior to the Indigo diesel. But my "value" argument is matched by the additional number of customers that the Indigo enjoys each month....the price differential is simply not justified. The Logan diesel is a cheap sedan that wasn't priced too cheap. Throw money out of the equation and everyone will line up to buy an S-Class. Thats not the real world now, is it?

Quote:
I have written a review of my own Logan (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-6500-kms.html), which I am telling you I did not like in first look but now hatsoff to its performance & VFM.
Obviously the two of us dont think alike, but hey...to each his own.

Quote:
Renault and Nissan are one of the largest car seller in world, read about thier CRD (DCi) engine performance worldwide,
So is Fiat in Europe. How many give a damn?

Quote:
Tata stands nowhere near if you talk about trust & technology.
Tata score better on value. Under the 10 lakh barrier, thats what counts in India.
Old 11th February 2008, 15:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Renault.com - The Renault-Nissan Alliance

Pretty surprising that I could not find India in the link `Renault in your country'

The website does have some items about India.
Old 11th February 2008, 16:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

@ ezee OT: I think you will change your perception after the lanuch of Nano and other cars lined up for this year.

Last edited by snaronikar : 11th February 2008 at 16:17.
Old 11th February 2008, 17:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Renault.com - The Renault-Nissan Alliance

Pretty surprising that I could not find India in the link `Renault in your country'

The website does have some items about India.
Maybe because Renault isn't on its own here. Mahindra-Renault isn't a fully Renault owned subsidiary.

You want Logan's website URL, here you go: (Mahindra Renault Logan) Welcome to Logan
Old 11th February 2008, 17:21   #59
BHPian

since there was no car from maruti(esteem) from the last one month,which of the car got an advantage in this case??
Old 11th February 2008, 17:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
since there was no car from maruti(esteem) from the last one month,which of the car got an advantage in this case??
Wait for one month and Swift Dezire will be on roads. Just have a look at that also. It would be the competitor for Indigo & Logan. It will be released in both Petrol and Diesel versions. Pls read the thread raised and updated by Ram Hyundai about an hour ago. May be (my guess) Swift Dezire may over take Logan & Indigo. Who knows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks