Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 20:26   #151
Senior - BHPian

The sales are picking up. I too booked Spark LS model and the OTR price is Rs.3.34 lacs. Delivery period is generally 10 days .

Here are the current OTR prices for all models in Tamilnadu

1.0 Base - Rs.298253
1.0 PS - Rs. 318101
1.0 LS - Rs. 334636
1.0 LT - Rs. 366622
1.0 LT (Optional) - Rs.400812

Last edited by undead : 17th July 2008 at 20:29.
Old 18th July 2008, 06:48   #152
BHPian

Is this price inclusive of the ~10K for Cash less ownership offer?

I didn't understand the term "cash less" when you are required to pay approx 10K for it.

~Manoj
Old 18th July 2008, 09:36   #153
Senior - BHPian

How much is the Spark LT OTR approx in Delhi?

Website prices are not updated i suppose.
Old 18th July 2008, 14:54   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
How much is the Spark LT OTR approx in Delhi?

Website prices are not updated i suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
The sales are picking up. I too booked Spark LS model and the OTR price is Rs.3.34 lacs. Delivery period is generally 10 days .

Here are the current OTR prices for all models in Tamilnadu

1.0 Base - Rs.298253
1.0 PS - Rs. 318101
1.0 LS - Rs. 334636
1.0 LT - Rs. 366622
1.0 LT (Optional) - Rs.400812
I reversed the equation to get price, you can add Delhi taxes which I think is around 2.5%(please confirm) and insurance around 8-9K:

1.0 Base - Rs.298253 298253 266000 1.0 PS - Rs. 318101
318101 283701.6 1.0 LS - Rs. 334636
334636 298448.6 1.0 LT - Rs. 366622
366622 326975.6 1.0 LT (Optional) - Rs.400812 400812 357468.3
Old 18th July 2008, 17:49   #155
Senior - BHPian

i work in GM as part of training and have driven their cars including the spark. 1 thing i would like to add here is that if you are anything more than 6' tall, strictly avoid the car. im 6'2" and with the seat in the farthest position, i could not simply depress the clutch! with somebody in the front seat, i cant sit in the back. even in the front passenger seat, my feet touches the dash. and even if i ignore the space, i find the seats uncomfortable.
but all said and done, i just love its looks. much much better than the alto, 800 or zen. a great city car with good mileage, servicing costs are less for the spark compared to other GM cars but dont compare it with maruti please!
Old 18th July 2008, 20:01   #156
Senior - BHPian

GMs products are all great packages, despite not outstanding in any particular department they are all very good all rounders. Their after sales service is also among the better ones.

Then where exactly does it all go wrong? GM has regular press releases regarding the rapid sales surge its had in India, but the true picture is pretty poor.

Despite being present in every possible segment in India its overall sales is nowhere close to the likes of Hyundai, Maruti or Tata. If the Tavera is taken out of te equation all its other models are languishing towards the bottom of their respective segments.

No one can blame their products, since there are worser cars doing far better volumes. Cars like the Spark & Magnum are excellent packages and are perhaps the best ones in their segments if prices are taken into account.

Well despite all their efforts, the worlds largest Car Maker's (pastence maybe) showing in India has so far been poor.

And the way things are looking for them, there is not going to be much good news from here on.
Old 18th July 2008, 21:17   #157
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, the main mistake they did was in choosing their dealer network. They should increase their number for dealers and provide a better A.S.S.
I am not sure how many are ready to take the dealership of GM since the marging or profit may be less. So, its like another chicken and egg story...
Old 19th July 2008, 08:55   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post

Second point: How do you make up US$46 billion in net losses and explain to shareholders. Chrysler is forecast in bankruptcy in the next 1 year, and the current slump (or a severe recession) could advance GM's date with bankruptcy. Its great hope, the Volt, is behind schedule, over price ($40-45K), and not very practical. To keep Volt and GM going, it is now lobbying for handouts on the Volt. sEE THIS:
Business World - WSJ.com

WSJ says, At best, the Volt will be an affluent family's third car. It will have to be plugged in for six hours a day – i.e., it will be a car for a suburbanite with a sizeable garage wired for power. It won't be a car for a city dweller who parks on the street or in a public lot. It will travel 40 miles on a six-hour charge. After that, a small gas motor will kick in to recharge the battery while you drive. Some reports claim the Volt will get 50 mpg in this mode, but that's hallucinatory: If using a gasoline engine to power an electric motor were so efficient, the streets would be full of such vehicles. (Our guess: The car will be lucky to get 15 mpg under gasoline power.)

Soon there could be a fire sale at GM.
I think you are quite mistaken about the whole scenario.

GM might have declared $46 billion in losses last financial year, but those are not losses only for that year. Instead they are accumulated losses and expenditures over the last 10 years which GM decide to write off completely in one financial year (probably to make the company more transparent to the shareholders).

What GM's accountants claim now is that they do not have any pending losses from previous years and from this year onwards, they'll be starting on a clean sheet. Which means that whatever losses (if any) you see from next year onwards will be incurred in that year only.

About the Chevy Volt, GM did announce couple of days back that they have reduced the driving range to 360 miles (from 400 miles) by fitting it with a smaller fuel tank. Even then it should be sufficient for the average owner to run the car everyday on battery power and charge it for 6 hours at night, since the Volt can run 40 miles on the electric motor with switching to the gasoline engine and that's the average distance traveled by an average American everyday.

Also recently, both Obama and McCain have indirectly pledged Government support (tax breaks, "other" options) to GM in case they ever face any difficulties.
McCain has already announced a $5000 tax break on the Volt if he comes to power.
Old 19th July 2008, 11:43   #159
BHPian

As for me by reducing the price further GM have made this car a VFM package. Know u get 1 litre engine Spark at a price of 800 CC Alto and not to mention the Better looks space and drive.

The services of GM has also improved, Bought a Optra Magnum and can say that
Old 21st July 2008, 18:11   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
As for me by reducing the price further GM have made this car a VFM package. Know u get 1 litre engine Spark at a price of 800 CC Alto and not to mention the Better looks space and drive.

The services of GM has also improved, Bought a Optra Magnum and can say that
I thought the same and thats why i bought a Spark for my cousin. The service in the GM was good when i went to take the delivery. Test drive was arranged at my home in 2hours after i called the sales representative.
Old 23rd July 2008, 17:02   #161

Whats the motive behind this pricing stratergy of the chevy spark. The car itself is good but so much variation in its price tag in recent times.
I am seriously considering to buy the SPARK LT version which today has an ex showroom price in chandigarh of about 3.32 lakhs but am very scared as to once NANO comes who knows it mights be down by a lakh
Although was very impressed after a test drive , but chevy guys need to put their foot down on a consistent price tag
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:28   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitmahi View Post
Whats the motive behind this pricing stratergy of the chevy spark. The car itself is good but so much variation in its price tag in recent times.
I am seriously considering to buy the SPARK LT version which today has an ex showroom price in chandigarh of about 3.32 lakhs but am very scared as to once NANO comes who knows it mights be down by a lakh
Although was very impressed after a test drive , but chevy guys need to put their foot down on a consistent price tag
Every 3 months, they feel like celebrating I guess
Old 23rd July 2008, 20:56   #163
Senior - BHPian

I feel that the price is going to be like this. Its due to their new plant. Once it goes to production, its going to be almost double the number of production. So, supply will also be more. Same with Captiva, once they start assembling it in here, its price should also be below 20L.
Old 24th July 2008, 01:21   #164
Senior - BHPian

Agree with mjothi.

For the new plant, the ONLY car which can provide volumes is Spark. Hence the rush. That said. it cant get much lower from the current prices.Go for it mahi bhai.

I am personally still torn between the LT (3.5 on road) and the Fiat Palio SDX (5.08 on road) given that the diesel may take long time for me to recover the costs.
Old 14th August 2008, 21:46   #165
BHPian

Just inquired at chevy dealer in TVM Ls is 3.31 and LT is 3.63 OTR .The executive said that prices will go up after next month as they will withdraw 58k discount.
After sitting in an indigo cs (4.86 OTR) i felt spark is really cramped .
But i need to shell out extra 1.5 lacs .
really confused.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks