Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2008, 10:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Even the Getz Prime bronchures are not available properly on their website. I downloaded it two or three time , but the PDF file is corrupt/damaged and couldnt open .
Old 29th February 2008, 10:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
We are all digressing here! I wanted to vent-out my frustrations on Getz D and looks like I earned a lot of enemies!
Oh. Now I know that you meant to be sarcastic in that post.
Old 29th February 2008, 10:35   #33
BHPian

I was pretty keen on the Getz D, but am having second thoughts now after reading about it going to be phased out for the i20. Also, yes. Hyundai doesn't seem to interested to sell it.

Wish the Fusion + had a similar stonker of an engine. That would be perfect...

Alea Jacta Est! Very nice. I like.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:14   #34
BANNED

What is a Getz CRDI? That should've been the title it seems.

If Hyundai is not interested in selling it's premium diesel hatch in Kerala (the infamous diesel territory of india), then there is something definitely missing out of the recipe. And I don't see anything big stopping Hyundai from making/selling this car except it's price.

And to say that I don't care of the interiors is a bit exaggerated and far fetched. Sorry! That doesn't cook here. :

Last edited by speedzak : 29th February 2008 at 11:16.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the i20 will be out sooner,what i believe is the getz Petrol is going "ON" good as compared to Getz D,and Getz D's condition is as same as Zen D,the interior of the Getz is better with good build quality and no rattling at all..specially for the ICE freak like me
Old 29th February 2008, 11:33   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I dont believe Hyundai were ever serious abt selling this car as mainstream in India. Else, the public would have seen some marketing campaigns for this expected hot seller.
TheMAG hit the nail right on the head. Think about it, does Hyundai really want to sell the car? They completely botched up the opportunity of giving the SwiftD a good fight. With the long wait periods for a Swift, buyers would have lined up for the Getz, if only it was priced right.

Also, as theMAG posted, I have yet to see a single ad for the Getz. Heck, there aren't even testdrive cars available. If anything, the Getz Diesel is a half-hearted response to the SwiftD.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Maybe they will bring it with i20, maybe they are waiting for the budget to happen.

If i20 comes with a petrol engine and good interiors etc, and then they also have the Getz CRDi which will one buy? Maybe they are thinking
Old 29th February 2008, 11:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
TheMAG hit the nail right on the head. Think about it, does Hyundai really want to sell the car? They completely botched up the opportunity of giving the SwiftD a good fight. With the long wait periods for a Swift, buyers would have lined up for the Getz, if only it was priced right.

Also, as theMAG posted, I have yet to see a single ad for the Getz. Heck, there aren't even testdrive cars available. If anything, the Getz Diesel is a half-hearted response to the SwiftD.
the Getz D TD cars are available only in big cities right now. The other small cities are to get the TD car later only. Thats what the dealer told me.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
the Getz Diesel is a half-hearted response to the SwiftD.
Not even half hearted I would say .. seems they launched it to make Swift D a bigger success. Lets see if Palio D can ignite some fire..
Old 29th February 2008, 12:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maybe they will bring it with i20, maybe they are waiting for the budget to happen.

If i20 comes with a petrol engine and good interiors etc, and then they also have the Getz CRDi which will one buy? Maybe they are thinking
Me too inclined to think on same lines.

1. At a marketing level, maybe Hyundai has a feel that the GetzD might cannibalise more sales from the Verna(base version), than from the Swift D.

2. Maybe the i10 launch before / instead of a Getz D commercial launch has complicated things for Hyundai.

Too many maybe's, I know. But for all practical purposes, Hyundai looks stuck, for want of a strategy for the small diesel segment.

A bit OT: although there seems to be a lot of interest in recent/upcoming small diesel launches, how successful do you think these newcomers(getz/i10 diesel, Palio MJD, Fusion D) will be in converting those probable Swift D/Indica buyers? Personally, i think not much!!!
Old 29th February 2008, 12:36   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
the Getz D TD cars are available only in big cities right now. The other small cities are to get the TD car later only. Thats what the dealer told me.
I checked with Advaith Hyundai (ORR, Bangalore) about the Getz D when the i10 was launched. Said the Verna has the same engine, and no test drive vehicle as yet for the Getz D. I dont know if the situation is any different now.
Old 29th February 2008, 12:48   #42
BHPian

When Getz D with ABS Coming? In March? lol
Old 29th February 2008, 13:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I checked with Advaith Hyundai (ORR, Bangalore) about the Getz D when the i10 was launched. Said the Verna has the same engine, and no test drive vehicle as yet for the Getz D. I dont know if the situation is any different now.
There is a TD vehicle in Chennai and Coimbatore in Tamilnadu state . Not sure about the other cities and in other states ..
Old 29th February 2008, 13:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The interiors are drab (I couldnt eat for two days after seeing the fake wooden center console - disgusting is the politically correct word I can use for this)
Even though its not important this is one big reason that steered me away from the car.

And believe it or not I used to go and TD the car every Wednesday for 4 weeks to see if I could get used to it (interiors).

Quote:
May I ask what are those? The hatch priced @ 6.5L OTR B'lore doesnt have alloys, decent seat covers, more importantly Airbag / ABS / EBD and let alone a music system.
Swift D doesnt offer most of the above but the ABS+EBD was the clincher for me :-)

Quote:
I agree the engine is good - But when I test drove verna, the car was shaking if I did not upshift the gear at the right speeds, I hope this is not there in Getz.
Getz D has better gear ratios as well as drive ability in the city than verna. Though my experience is more with Getz D than verna so verna lovers forgive me.

Quote:
I dont like the front of the Prime series too - Liked the older one better. (beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder!)
The first gen Getz was hot, especially the silver/carbon trim interiors. Prime headlamps are nice once you get used to them.

Quote:
So, in summary, Getz CRDi deserves not to sell
Thats a bit harsh, it deserves to sell, I just didnt buy it cos of certain reasons ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Secondly, even Swift D has a huge waiting period!
But coz of the price factor and Maruti badge, people are going for Swift D.

Will be interesting once Palio 1.3 MJD hits on roads, it will surely beat Getz D on the sales nos, though Swift D won't be impacted much.
Very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping View Post
The interiors are definitely better than Santro
*I* prefer my old Santro interiors to the new Getz prime/crdi. The old getz interiors are hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping View Post
You have missed out 4 wheel drive, Automatic transmission, Xenon HID, CVT, GPS, LCD, Oxygen sensor, Super charger, traction control, Cruise control, Automatic sensor Wiper, many many other things....
Im confused, Are you talking about the Getz CRDI ?

Even with all its follies (Swift D) my dad is actually beginning to like the car. Me, I love her

Last edited by s0uljah : 29th February 2008 at 13:40.
Old 29th February 2008, 21:44   #45
Senior - BHPian

In kerela no TD vehicle so far.If hyundai was serious with the car they should have send a test drive piece to every showroom.Very valid point regarding the success of a product.
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks