Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 21:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Is this the writing on the wall for Shell? Are they going the same way as Reliance? I don't see how they can survive with the current scenario and strategy. It seems unlikely that the public will shell-out (no pun intended) extra hard-earned lucre just because their service is superior, and even if their fuel is proven better and more consistent, it's hardly a deciding factor.
Hi netchef,

Have tried Shell Diesel in my cars only to find it gives me less mileage than the IOC super Diesel which also costs less..

Now you tell me if Shell is better..Its like looking at a sexy chick who is good as long as she does not open her mouth!!
Old 21st April 2008, 12:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hi netchef,

Have tried Shell Diesel in my cars only to find it gives me less mileage than the IOC super Diesel which also costs less..

Now you tell me if Shell is better..Its like looking at a sexy chick who is good as long as she does not open her mouth!!
Hello headers: I hear you but shall refrain from taking a stand as I haven't any metrics to go by, not having done any comparatives.

So, I don't know if Shell is better...BUT I like your analogy.
Old 21st April 2008, 14:28   #93
BHPian

Now its Rs.59.60 at Chennai. I'm feeling like a sucker every time I pass a BP booth, displaying the price as 7 rupees less.
The queue has gone down quite a bit at Shell nowadays.
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:53   #94
BHPian

...The queue has gone down quite a bit at Shell nowadays.[/quote]

vox populii
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Its a complete waste filling at Shell now, its been very long since i have filled at Shell...and is very evident that the price hike has not gone well with the masses!

Hardly any crowd at shell these days, this way they will head the reliance way someday
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:48   #96
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Have tried Shell Diesel in my cars only to find it gives me less mileage
Same here. Shell diesel gives less mileage and petrol gives no extra mileage compared to the rest. That's my experience. Used to fill from Shell just because of the belief that they wont do manipulation on quantity. But stopped visiting them when Shell price went sky high. Same thing happened with Reliance too. I used to be a regular customer to Reliance fuel when on high ways. But gone are those days..
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:08   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personally I'd prefer IOC anyday!! The bunk near your house is GOOD!
Yup filling up IOC regular only lately.. gives the car a bit of kick at the high end but in traffic I find the car jerks a bit. Have to experiment with IOC premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Now its Rs.59.60 at Chennai. I'm feeling like a sucker every time I pass a BP booth, displaying the price as 7 rupees less.
The queue has gone down quite a bit at Shell nowadays.
Thats the reason I posted the price earlier. I remember filling up for 57.80 and a week later it went to 58.80.. and now according to you its 59.60. weekly increase I guess ?
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:17   #98
Senior - BHPian

I think it is a waste of money paying about 7 rupees more for one litre of Petrol. I do not think mileage increases so much, to justify the increase in price.

I always stick to HP and BP, that too normal fuel.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:31   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

i have been using Shell till now.. yesterday it was more than Rs54 (diesel).. i don't know the mileage improvements because i have only used Shell ever since i bought the car. Shell service is fantastic and this service alone made me stay loyal to Shell till now.. i dread going to HP/IOC after experiencing Shell.. i was thinking I will use Shell till they close down but they are hanging in there and increasing the price every week.

Which is the best alternative for Shell Diesel in Bangalore among these areas? Thanks.

Koramangala Forum
Museum road (catholic club)
St.Marks Road (Bowring club)
Palace Road (Mount Carmel College)
Sankey Road (Cauvery theater, Sankey tank)
IISc
Metro Yeshwantapur
West Chord road (ISKCON Temple)

Last edited by androdev : 22nd April 2008 at 15:32.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:09   #100
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

depends on which car you drive. However, I would not wish to pay a Premium in price for Shell or Reliance - you must have read that Reliance is shutting down the Petroleum Retail operations completely - it s already happened in many places.

The last few years Ive been filling Diesel predominantly at HP Gas on St Johns Hospital Road/Hosur Road corner. I use Turbojet normally.
Now in my new vehicle I continue to fill at the same outlet.
Until now, no trouble at all.
There is one more outlet that I trust - the HP one on the Airport Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
i have been using Shell till now.. yesterday it was more than Rs54 (diesel).. i don't know the mileage improvements because i have only used Shell ever since i bought the car. Shell service is fantastic and this service alone made me stay loyal to Shell till now.. i dread going to HP/IOC after experiencing Shell.. i was thinking I will use Shell till they close down but they are hanging in there and increasing the price every week.

Which is the best alternative for Shell Diesel in Bangalore among these areas? Thanks.

Koramangala Forum
Museum road (catholic club)
St.Marks Road (Bowring club)
Palace Road (Mount Carmel College)
Sankey Road (Cauvery theater, Sankey tank)
IISc
Metro Yeshwantapur
West Chord road (ISKCON Temple)
Old 6th May 2008, 17:01   #101
BHPian

Guys, Petrol @ Shell on whitefield road cost 62.XX Per lt... I have got a new Honda Aviator and planning to use a standard fuel at-least for next few months. I want to know the premium paid on Shell pump goes to its service provided or the quality of fuel delivered or is it the subsidy which we pay to the govt indirectly.

I am considering HP Power now, please advice!
Old 6th May 2008, 22:01   #102
Senior - BHPian

sary definitely not worth....I would recommend BP or IO use normal fuel...
Old 6th May 2008, 22:19   #103
Senior - BHPian

I stoped using Shell since they started increasing the price from 54.XX and tried IOC normal and BP speed. Both are ok but innova makes more noise.

Now tried HP normal for Innova and Matiz. Its company owned bunk in Magadi road near toll gate. I know many of my friends and relatives using this Bunk from many years. I hope its good.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 6th May 2008, 22:27   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I stoped using Shell since they started increasing the price from 54.XX and tried IOC normal and BP speed. Both are ok but innova makes more noise.

Now tried HP normal for Innova and Matiz. Its company owned bunk in Magadi road near toll gate. I know many of my friends and relatives using this Bunk from many years. I hope its good.

Regards,

Ravi.
Most of the day time its painful to drive to this bunk on Magadi road. It would be better to plan for an early morning/late night fills.
Old 6th May 2008, 23:13   #105
BHPian

there was an article in TOI, Chennai today that shell was planning to shut down a few bunks in south india. Not sure if S.India includes Blr as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks