Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 01:27   #31
Awaiting Email Confirmation

FX, no offense, i think you need to open up the two and figure that one out. I've played with both engines trust me on that..or rather since theres more that you have to say then just google both cars engine codes please (VQ35DE) its the same spec that runs in the 350Z till 2006 in the UAE as well. only tuning is slightly up thats it. And for the record crashed Infiniti's in UAE go to Al Quoz (sharjah) to get used MURANO engines, since Infiniti ones are rear and of the same SPEC. for more Info please contact Steve Crasto in dubai at +971507383534 he does killer work on Nissan and infiniti and you can use my name as reference to get your info. And if international is a problem why dont you contact me, come over to the garage, we'll show you spec sheets in India itself. 9833587999

Last edited by nitroxx : 6th March 2008 at 01:38.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:43   #32
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
why dont these stupid companies only launch in 20lak up category dont they know something around 5 laks also exists. how sick is that man. nissan has 2 cars both about 20 laks BLAH
immature company. even if they want to launch high end cars...build them here and then sell them. Murano looks a stunner and can easily beat the crap out of captiva and crv. Nissan can easily take that market, but they are going to price it in 20lakhs range and loose all the sales.

also for 5 lakhs, they had a sentra & altima in US. can be sold easily in india...but again...Nissan is Nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
However that doesn't explain why taxes are so high on cars made in India and why the policy doesn't change with changing times. A car is not a luxury any more.
i am 100% with you there and actually was pissed off with FM for not reducing duties on big cars. Argument advanced for that is that they want india to become a hub for small cars..and i wanna ask them...WHY NOT BIG CARS AS WELL?

give a domestic market to manufacturers to build large cars here at a cost effective rate...then you will see them exporting even larger cars from india - meaning more benefits to us.
Old 6th March 2008, 02:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I know they are very different but i think they are built on the same chassis/platform hence it's regarded as nissans version of the FX

Same way the Accord is the honda version of the Acura TSX. They share totally different displacements and power, as well as interiors/looks are totally apart.
OK lets end the confusion. The Murano is built on the Altima (FWD) platform and the FX35 is built on the G35 RWD platform. Both use VQ series V6 engines with the FX at a higher state of tune.
Old 6th March 2008, 02:21   #34
BHPian

Acutally I agree with Mpower!!!

Last edited by lancer80 : 6th March 2008 at 02:35.
Old 6th March 2008, 03:07   #35
Awaiting Email Confirmation

infiniti.. they are wayyy different.. they dont share anything in common. even the engine used is differnt they maybe same in displacement but thats about it.

To that I say, please check details... they share something in common, the engine.Although they sit in different positions that is. PLatforms are different, I agree there. Engines are the same on mounted differently.

Last edited by nitroxx : 6th March 2008 at 03:27.
Old 6th March 2008, 05:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I know they are very different but i think they are built on the same chassis/platform hence it's regarded as nissans version of the FX

Same way the Accord is the honda version of the Acura TSX. They share totally different displacements and power, as well as interiors/looks are totally apart.

True, though the Inifinity EX 35 is more closely based on the Nissan Murano.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
why dont these stupid companies only launch in 20lak up category dont they know something around 5 laks also exists. how sick is that man. nissan has 2 cars both about 20 laks BLAH
I agree with this, I feel most of these companies are either stupid or shortsighted. Here is an example.

1. SX4 USD 15000 in India 6 + lakhs sells around 2500 per month
2. Innova USD 18000 in India 7.5+lakhs sells around 2500 per month

All these cars that we are talking about CRV, Outlander, Murano, Xtrail, Captiva are in the 20-25,000 USD bracket and can easily be manufactured in India in the range od 8-10 lakhs and if they price it there they can always sell close to 2500 per month.
Old 9th March 2008, 21:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
FX, no offense, i think you need to open up the two and figure that one out. I've played with both engines trust me on that..or rather since theres more that you have to say then just google both cars engine codes please (VQ35DE) its the same spec that runs in the 350Z till 2006 in the UAE as well. only tuning is slightly up thats it. And for the record crashed Infiniti's in UAE go to Al Quoz (sharjah) to get used MURANO engines, since Infiniti ones are rear and of the same SPEC. for more Info please contact Steve Crasto in dubai at +971507383534 he does killer work on Nissan and infiniti and you can use my name as reference to get your info. And if international is a problem why dont you contact me, come over to the garage, we'll show you spec sheets in India itself. 9833587999

i am not interested in contacting anyone and i have personally driven this and the fx in the USA, my cousin owns both of em. in 3.5L v6 variants

you maybe right that the engines may be same but the rest of the vehicle isnt.. and its not a big deal to show the spec sheets or whatever... u maybe right but i am sure they arent the same machine under the skin. if u say the engines are same.. that may be true but thats about it.. that same 3.5L v6 is used in many other vehicles also like the z infiniti g35 and many othres. worldwide.
Old 9th March 2008, 22:35   #39
BHPian

I personally like the Murano than the FX which has really got a spider styling.
Both cars run great.However will NISSAN launch the same with a 3.5 V6 in india??
Old 10th March 2008, 22:39   #40

I went in a Murano once, where the front passenger seat was almost like a La-Z Boy. Man! Not sure what modification he had done. Couldn't ask the person coz of some problem. The darned thing even had a foldaway table for keeping a laptop and a seat massager!!. Anyone knows if such a modification is possible in India?

On a side note, my uncle had a X-Trail which he had to sell off because of the idiotic customer service by Nissan in Chennai. The spares were so expensive and every service used to take a minimum of 6 days!!. I would definitely buy the Murano if Nissan improves its customer service.
Old 30th March 2008, 11:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
it looks pretty good IMO. heres a pic from the jbl stall at the autocar performance show-

is this vehicle regd in india or its on carnet?
does somebody own it here and use it?
Old 30th March 2008, 14:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

It looks terrific and is much different than the crv.I get a feeling that its a bigger vehicle than crv too.Will it be a CBU in India?
ram
Old 30th March 2008, 16:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
it looks pretty good IMO. heres a pic from the jbl stall at the autocar performance show-

I hope they dont bring in the same grille. It looks weird. Apart from that looks decent but I still prefer Outlander to this (looks wise)
Old 1st April 2008, 06:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

I think this new grille looks damn neat! Different from the SUVs avbl in India

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (avbl = available). Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st April 2008 at 06:18. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 1st April 2008, 10:53   #45
BHPian

It looks good , no doubt. But I would prefer Outlander over Murano anyday, based on what news we have about these two vehicles. Whats the point in paying such high import duty costs if it comes as CBU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks