Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 09:34   #241
Senior - BHPian

Inter-segment comparisions and petrol-diesel version comparisons seems to be the norm nowadays. Just to prove the point that a certain person A has bought a "better" car than B. But it all boils down to a few certain points namely
1: Budget
2: Type of car (boot needed, have a large family.. etc)
3: FE
4: Last but not the least a few features.

I still dint understand the Indica vs Dzire comparison just taking ABS and Airbags into consideration. I think a rational person would 1st finalise the model and then decide on the variant depending on 2 or 3 of the above features.

Also I guess everyone here has an opinion, and since everyone out here spends a hefty amount of money to purchase cars, I think he/she would have done enough research before finalising. Hence a City owner calling a swift as 'rattling' or someone else accusing MUL of boasting of "5 computers on board" really doesnt make any sense.

My 2p
Old 11th April 2008, 09:50   #242
BANNED

Hey buddy, I think you missed the context. Some people here on this forum feel that since basic variant of NHC lacks ABS/Airbags/Climate Control/Audio Controls are steering, they feel that highest variant of Swift hatch is better since it has all these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I still dint understand the Indica vs Dzire comparison just taking ABS and Airbags into consideration. I think a rational person would 1st finalise the model and then decide on the variant depending on 2 or 3 of the above features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Given that today even hatches are light years ahead of the current NHC in many parameters, I think the onus is on Honda to prove themselves with their new offering and not the other way around.
Old 11th April 2008, 10:33   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
The current hatches can't even match NHC in features & performance.
If you are talking of outright performance, I know that my Swift-P can cream the NHC anyday. And I guess even the Getz1.3 can do it. For the Palio 1.6, it would be an insult to be raced against the NHC. Maybe even the Indica-P (not very sure of this though). All these happen to be hatches.

Quote:
No idea if you meant having audio controls on steering as light years
Well, its a nice feature to have. But what I meant by features was ABS (available as optional in Vxi also), dual airbags, EBD, ClimateControl etc etc. Now, even if the next NNNNHC has these, it would be them just coming to where the competition reached long ago.

Quote:
For your information, Swift has the features you have mentioned in the highest variant. Same case with Honda, like any other manufacturer.
Hmm, so if you value your life in a Honda, you need to go to 9-10lacs, while other manufacturers have them in their hatches costing half that. That is the whole point, not about variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd_city
There is a wide variety of cars some that give better mileage and some perform better and mind you you cant get both.
Maybe you should do some reading on the forum and will come across cars that give both. It is not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Rattling Palio????. Thats news to me!
Oh yeah, some Palios also rattle.

Quote:
Hey buddy, I think you missed the context. Some people here on this forum feel that since basic variant of NHC lacks ABS / Airbags / Climate Control / Audio Controls are steering, they feel that highest variant of Swift hatch is better since it has all these.
Actually you have missed the context. No one said that the Swift is better than the NHC. They are different cars in different segments, appealing to different needs, and comparing them would be pointless. What was said was that the NHC needs to beef up on features (safety mainly) which today is available in hatches much cheaper than it.

@diabloo, BTW, you seem to have nothing to say about the following (the golden rule No.1 which can never be broken, but which did)

FYI 1: NHC customer will never buy Dzire.
Really ?
Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
Now I have done some homework and narrowed down my choices to the following two:
Honda City Gxi 8.38L on road, after discounts and freebies
Swift Dezire Vdi 6.60L on road, no freebies/discounts

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 11th April 2008 at 10:39.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:42   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

Low variant of NHC doesn't have ABS/Airbags, agreed. So does Ford, Maruti, GM or any another manufacture. Who point out NHC only? Is it success begets hatred?
What about Swift Lxi/Vxi? Does it have ABS/Airbags? Only Sxift Zxi has it, so does NHC VTEC plus.
IIRC, both the NHC Exi as well as the higher spec Gxi don't come with Airbags, ABS even as an option. I agree with you when you say the higher spec Vtec is equipped with them,TRUE.

But what if i want the i-Dsi engine for its famed mileage and refinement?????? I don't have a choice if i value safety of myself and family......be it lower end Exi or the higher spec Gxi.

Therefore, in case i want even basic safety features in the NHC, i will be forced to buy the bigger engined Rs.10L VTEC even if i don't need that sort of power and i will have to forget the famed I-Dsi FE (which happens to be one of the biggest strengths going for the NHC in its segment).

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 11th April 2008 at 11:44.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:57   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Low variant of NHC doesn't have ABS/Airbags, agreed. So does Ford, Maruti, GM or any another manufacture. Who point out NHC only? Is it success begets hatred?
What about Swift Lxi/Vxi? Does it have ABS/Airbags? Only Sxift Zxi has it, so does NHC VTEC plus.
Over 90% of NHCs sold are the i-Dsi ones. And there is no variant with the i-Dsi motor that provides ABS and Airbags even as optional. That is precisely the problem. IMO, the criticism of the NHC is regarding the absence of a "NHC i-Dsi PLUS" variant.

And, I've booked the Dzire Zdi version after considering both the Honda City and SX4 base models initially. I hope that answers some questions.

Last edited by burnt. : 11th April 2008 at 11:59.
Old 11th April 2008, 12:06   #246
Team-BHP Support

Would the mods please take notice?
This is beginning to get highly repetitive, these discussions.
Old 11th April 2008, 13:04   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note : All off-topic posts deleted. Please ensure relevant discussions else the thread will be closed.
Old 16th April 2008, 12:52   #248

I was thrilled when the Spectra Motors Salesman told me that mine was the first booking for Dzire ZDI (26/3/08 - 1.30pm). At that time nothing else - not even the price list , etc- was available. I spent the whole long weekend fantasizing on my new "acquisition" - believe me the car is TOPS!

On 1/4/08, The Salesman called back to brief me about the pricing and also to shock me into reality - No ZDI deliveries in April!

So, coming back to the topic of this discussion - "who should be afraid of Dzire" - although EVERYBODY should, eventually nobody will! They will all have ample time to spruce up their acts.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:43   #249
Senior - BHPian

With Ford cutting the prices of the ICON by upt Rs 36000 it seems that competition has started feeling the heat. The car manufacturers will have a tough job at their hands of having to cut prices when the input costs are spiralling out of control.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:48   #250
Team-BHP Support

On my recent trip I saw a lot of Dzire's in PB/HP region.
When Logan was initially launched, it took some time for spottings, but dzire's are dime a dozen, and is a huge huge hit in Punjab. Till now the only option for a modern diesel sedan was the Verna at 8 lakhs.
Indigo is viewed more as a taxi and poor reliability vehicle and many people like to stay away from Tata.
with the dzire, their dzire's have been fulfilled, and it is sure going to rock lot of boats... if and only if Maruti can produce enough of dzire!
Old 16th April 2008, 13:53   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
with the dzire, their dzire's have been fulfilled, and it is sure going to rock lot of boats... if and only if Maruti can produce enough of dzire!

Exactly. I've been told a waiting period of 45 days for the Zdi here, which I've booked last week. The car seems to be a huge hit. Already started seeing a few on the road.
Old 17th April 2008, 10:26   #252
BANNED

Now that Dzire FE (petrol) figures are out lets is who is actually afraid .
Old 17th April 2008, 15:29   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Exactly. I've been told a waiting period of 45 days for the Zdi here, which I've booked last week. The car seems to be a huge hit. Already started seeing a few on the road.
The car is a huge hit. What else can explain such waiting period.
Old 17th April 2008, 16:12   #254
BANNED

Production constraint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakul Kishan View Post
The car is a huge hit. What else can explain such waiting period.
Old 17th April 2008, 20:28   #255
BHPian

Dzire design Distress

The boot lid is a sure lift off of Nissa Tilda. Looks like a hatcap boot. The design does look good for a price. Not the emotion stirred by the Swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks