Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:01   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
As predicted, the sales numbers for March 2008 prove that NHC is not afraid of Dzire.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post780483

But who took the hit? Indigo, Logan, Fiesta, SX4, Verna?
I dont think these figures actually tell any real story. For the Dzire was launched very late in March, and bookings have just started. Maybe the next month figures will show where exactly the NHC stands. But I am sure that Logan and co are in for a beating.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:11   #197
BANNED

. Initial hype have boosted Dzire's figures. Next month, its reality for Dzire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I dont think these figures actually tell any real story. For the Dzire was launched very late in March, and bookings have just started. Maybe the next month figures will show where exactly the NHC stands. But I am sure that Logan and co are in for a beating.
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:53   #198
BHPian

Since the Dzire is launched in the top end variant ZDI,
can we expect a similar Swift diesel ZDI ?
Ram, any info on this
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:04   #199
Senior - BHPian

Well I gree that there is the initial euphoria over the launcjh of Dzire. However, going by the demand and supply equation, Maruti is likely to sell all the Dzires it can produce in the next six months at the very least.
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:41   #200
Senior - BHPian

I doubt about the Swift ZDI . MSIL did not launch it because of the Dzire. I know loadsa people would have wished for the ZDI. Ram would be best person to answer this.
Old 5th April 2008, 08:12   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Since the Dzire is launched in the top end variant ZDI,
can we expect a similar Swift diesel ZDI ?
Ram, any info on this
I recall reading in other threads that Maruti has explicitly stated that it will NOT launch Swift ZDI. Only time will truly tell.

Don't hold your breath for the Swift ZDI.
Old 5th April 2008, 21:24   #202
Senior - BHPian

Even the Swift ZXi has not exactly been setting the sales charts afire. It seems that people prefer to opt for less loaded low end variant of bigger sedans than loaded versions of hatchbacks. Similarly, Getz does not sell well due to the small difference in the price of the Getz and sedans like the Ikon, Accent.

On the other hand, people prefer higher speced variants incase of cars like SX4 and NHC where ZXI and GXI sell more than VXI and EXI respectively.
Old 6th April 2008, 12:39   #203
Senior - BHPian

In the case of Dzire you dont have the option of ABS in the vdi/vxi variant.So there would be more takers for the ZDI/ZXI.The figures are impressive for the first month like any other launch but the availability according to demand is an issue.The waiting period is already 3 months now and still the booking is increasing.
ram
Old 6th April 2008, 13:11   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
In the case of Dzire you dont have the option of ABS in the vdi/vxi variant.So there would be more takers for the ZDI/ZXI.The figures are impressive for the first month like any other launch but the availability according to demand is an issue.The waiting period is already 3 months now and still the booking is increasing.
ram
3 months waiting period again . Ram hows the waiting period of Swift hatchback now.I heard its getting better !
Old 6th April 2008, 14:35   #205
Senior - BHPian

The waiting period for the hatch is improving and in a months time after the production from the manesar plant is full swing the waiting period will come down.
ram
Old 7th April 2008, 11:28   #206
BHPian

Quote:
The waiting period for the hatch is improving and in a months time after the production from the manesar plant is full swing the waiting period will come down.
ram
That's good news. I always knew maruti would tackle this waiting issue. Such things are bound to crop up during launch phase. But imagine what hype people create about such things.
Old 7th April 2008, 17:59   #207
Senior - BHPian

The worrying thing is regarding the dzire.Waiting period is growing every day.Its 3 months now and is sure to increase.The ones who got hold of the initial ones are lucky.
ram
Old 7th April 2008, 18:21   #208
BHPian

Quote:
The worrying thing is regarding the dzire.Waiting period is growing every day.Its 3 months now and is sure to increase.The ones who got hold of the initial ones are lucky.
ram
I think something similar had happened with the Swift Diesel.
Old 7th April 2008, 18:26   #209
Senior - BHPian

This is bound to happen to any model which is being hyped up so much. But the car itself is also good. Have seen this in the showroom. My friend has already booked around 10 days back. Its Dzire-vxi and his waiting period is 1 1/2 month currently.
Old 7th April 2008, 20:08   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ram
Ah! looks like Maruti has finally woken up and there is a hint of improving the waiting period. That too after 3 years of Swift being in production

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks