Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 11:38   #76
BHPian

Hey guys

The dzire online launch webcast is at 12 noon today. Just log on to the site quickly.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:32   #77
BHPian

Well dzire is launched with this introductory prices seems to be ex showroom delhi

Petrol lxi/vxi/zxi = 4.49/4.97/5.9
Diesel ldi/vdi/zdi = 5.39/5.85/6.7
Old 26th March 2008, 14:25   #78
BHPian

Few minutes back i had seen Dzire coming back to my place. 1 White Demo Car and 3 of them for the delivery i guess. Uff!! Exact copy of Swift with just a boot. From the front i couldnt recognize if it was swift or Dzire even A-Pillar is the same as swift (i.e black). They really messed up with the design. Boot was copied from Chevy Optra and made it more prominent. I was not having time for the Test Drive and hell lot of croud at DD Motors, New Delhi. I don't think i will get the test ride before 3-4 hours.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

While it will surely eat into the sales of the likes of Indigo, Logan etc, IMO, the presence of a diesel version of Dzire will also do quite some damage to the SX4 sales. Diesel is a magic word in India and I am sure people would not mind getting the lower segment Dzire-D as opposed to the SX4-P which falls in a higher segment.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
While it will surely eat into the sales of the likes of Indigo, Logan etc, IMO, the presence of a diesel version of Dzire will also do quite some damage to the SX4 sales. Diesel is a magic word in India and I am sure people would not mind getting the lower segment Dzire-D as opposed to the SX4-P which falls in a higher segment.
Diesel will surely effect Logan and Indigo for sure.
What about Petrol?
Accent, Swift Hatchback, SX4, Logan Petrol, Ikon Flair. Not much of the difference in the price 5x,xxx-6x,xxx Rs Difference bet. Dzire and Swift Hatchback. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Let us wait for the Test Ride Review by someone. I think space for the rear pessengers are not so good if compared with other sedans of its segments.
Old 26th March 2008, 14:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Well dzire is launched with this introductory prices seems to be ex showroom delhi

Petrol lxi/vxi/zxi = 4.49/4.97/5.9
Diesel ldi/vdi/zdi = 5.39/5.85/6.7
LDi 5.39 ...

was hoping I will take off Indigo CS LS off my brains and somehow manage to pay more for the dZire, but 4.34 Xshwroom Vs 5.39 is a big difference for me. There goes my Dreams!!! Have to go ahead with the CS LS!
Old 26th March 2008, 15:37   #82

How can a diesel dzire affect petrol sx4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Guys,

The opinion that only the price matters is so strange. Why would anyone who could afford a SX4 can even think of dzire, when both of them are really two different cars altogether.(Engine, power, interiors, tyre size, better design, better ride quality, better social value.).

I believe that any one who stretches his budget by a lac to get a SX4 (for that matter any vehicle, not excluding NHC,Verna) would in all probability consider dzire.

I feel entry level mid segment is no longer a niche segment, As we have moved away from Maruti800 to santro, Wagon-R as a entry vehicle, entry level mid segment is now looking at a huge customer base, which has pushed the models like verna, SX4 upwards as a starting niche models.

Niche customers will not look back, but the customers aspiring to own NHC,SX4, NHC but just is stretching too much now has a better option.

So dzire sure has a very good market and will sell.

Some one said ride quality to be tested...lol. Forget it when cars like Indigo can sell, Maruti's products are powered by reliable japanese quality and which is the product of Maruti which failed only on account of its quality....

So, Logan will take a hit because a Maruti is a Maruti (strong service network, ease of maintenance). Indigo will keep selling to price conscious customers.

But above all, dezire will sell to most of the Santro, swift, Wagon-R, Getz upgraders. who would have either continued driving these models or would have stretched for bigger models.
Old 26th March 2008, 15:41   #83
BHPian

If the prices are ex-showroom New Delhi, then the Zdi is more expensive than the Sx4 Vxi by over 40 K. Looks like they didn't want to price the two too closely thereby killing the Sx4 Vxi.
Old 26th March 2008, 15:43   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponniah_ashok View Post
The opinion that only the price matters is so strange. Why would anyone who could afford a SX4 can even think of dzire, when both of them are really two different cars altogether.(Engine, power, interiors, tyre size, better design, better ride quality, better social value.).
That opinion might be proved wrong very soon. I myself know two team-bhp'ians who are planning to go for DZIRE DDiS instead of SX4 Petrol.
Old 26th March 2008, 15:48   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That opinion might be proved wrong very soon. I myself know two team-bhp'ians who are planning to go for DZIRE DDiS instead of SX4 Petrol.
But they might be doing so because of the VFM factor. SX4 still will command better snob value IMO.
Old 26th March 2008, 16:04   #86
Team-BHP Support

Another car which is going to get its going tough is the Getz CRDi. Already hyundai is doing enough to kill it. Now with more loaded DZIRE VDi almost 15k within its price, its going to be hard for the Getz to get high sales. (Not sure if hyundai wants that!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
But they might be doing so because of the VFM factor. SX4 still will command better snob value IMO.
Nopes. Diesel option!
Old 26th March 2008, 16:04   #87

switching from petrol to diesel

Quote:

If i were them, the only reason would be, i plan to use the vehicle very extensively within a given period of time.

considering the SX4 petrol which is almost 40k higher than dzire Diesel. with a petrol mileage of 5kms/ltr less than a diesel vehicle, the price difference is matched only when the vehicle is driven atleast 20k kms. which for a normal driving is 2 years duration.(not to forget higher maintenance cost of diesel engine and low resale value of a diesel vehicle)

This at a cost of loosing the sheer magic of a petrol M series engine, Bigger vehicle and all the other betterness of a vehicle like SX4...Hmmm.

If only those T-Bhpians folks can throw some light on the logic of choosing dzire diesel over SX4 petrol....

Lower running cost can be realised only if some one runs the dzire diesel vehicle 1.5 times more than the normal running to a complete 4 years. (got it!!!??)

Last edited by ponniah_ashok : 26th March 2008 at 16:18. Reason: change in model
Old 26th March 2008, 16:07   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nopes. Diesel option!
Yep, I meant that only. Unless they are buying a diesel for goodies other than lower running costs.
Old 26th March 2008, 16:22   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I agree. SX4 will still offer the snob value and the ride comfort that SX4 provides cannot be matched by the Dzire. It's like comparing Esteem and Baleno. Though Esteem was a good car, the ride comfort and image in a Baleno is much more.
Old 26th March 2008, 17:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

I don't really think there is anything like image or snob value in today's scenario, for the cars we are discussing. When we have cars from 2L to 6Crores, I really don't see any snob value in cars that are closer to the lower end of the spectrum.

I looked at the Esteem and Baleno myself. Bought the latter because it had more space, more power, similar FE, better ride-comfort and was unique (then - not anymore) and not priced very higher. I do not think there is any snob value perceived in a Baleno vis-a-vis the Esteem. Or for that matter in an NHC/Accent/Fiesta/Aveo.

More than a decade ago, when the Esteem was just launched (and there was no competition) and if you had one, then maybe it commanded some snob value. Today when you have tons of Civics/Accords/Camrys/Mercs running around town like crazy, what snob value in a 6-7L car ? I see more Civics daily than most C-segmenters.

So, IMO most people today buy what suits their definition of VFM. A guy thinking of SX4 can change his mind to Dzire-D mainly due to the combo of diesel economy and boot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks