Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 11:31   #181
BHPian

Few minute details of Dzire

I am a Swift owner. This is what I gathered after I test drove the Dzire:
  1. The clutch is a tad heavy then the Swift. The representative told that the clutch is changed in Dzire to take care of the clutch niggling issues in the Swift.
  2. I found the seat fabric quiet inferior (Vxi) as compares to swift. It is prone to stains & dust very quickly.
  3. The seet back map pocket is missing!
  4. The kenwood system produces crystal clear sound, but lacks Bass. Not for the enthusiasts (dhin-chak types)
  5. Bottle & magzine holder on rear doors is a welcome change.
  6. Rear speakers mounted on Parcel trey.
  7. Parcel trey too inclined to keep anything on it. (bad news for ones who love soft toys in the rear)
  8. Keyless entry system does not have feature of locking the car itself when it reaches 20kmph, as in my swift.
  9. Boot & Bonnet not covered in the security system. i.e the alarm wont go off if either of the two is opened when the vehicle is armed.
  10. Boot space is H U G E !!
  11. Rear seat very comfertable as compares to Swift.
  12. Forgort to check, but I heard there is a dimmer for the console.
Finally, I would give this car a full thumbs up! The shape is good & will be digested by all in few months!

Last edited by akash_m : 1st April 2008 at 11:32.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:33   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Parcel trey too inclined to keep anything on it. (bad news for ones who love soft toys in the rear)
Similar to the Ikon, which is another car originally designed to be a hatch, later converted to a sedan. This would hinder visibility when backing up.
Old 1st April 2008, 12:16   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keyless entry system does not have feature of locking the car itself when it reaches 20kmph, as in my swift.
  1. Boot & Bonnet not covered in the security system. i.e the alarm wont go off if either of the two is opened when the vehicle is armed.
Thats not a welcome feature. Anyways its easy to fix, but require additional wiring with the activation switch installed. All security systems today covers the bonnet and boot. If the system is Nippon, I guess you can program it to autolock after a certain duration or speed.
Old 1st April 2008, 12:22   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Does anyone has any idea about the make and model of Dezire inbuilt audio system and speakers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Yes they are Nippon stereos in the VXI/VDI,ZXI/ZDI variants.I found it pretty ok.The accessories list has come down mentioning TFT screens.So there might be an option for the screens to be fitted.
ram
Are you absolutely sure that its Nippon?
I was told at a showroom that the unit in the SX 4 is a Clarion and the Dzire shares it with the SX 4 right?
Old 1st April 2008, 12:36   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Are you absolutely sure that its Nippon?
I was told at a showroom that the unit in the SX 4 is a Clarion and the Dzire shares it with the SX 4 right?
I have confirmed it as Nippon.I checked the warranty card for the stereo and its Nippon.
RAM
Old 1st April 2008, 12:42   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Please lets not drag too much about it because many of us are not going to buy it
Please go through the various Dzire threads/posts in the last 2 days. So many t-BHPians already booked this car. I have not seen such a response (at least within this forum) for any other car in recent times.
Old 1st April 2008, 13:35   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
# Forgort to check, but I heard there is a dimmer for the console.
This is present in Swift as well, at least it was in the Swift VXi that my friend got last week
Old 1st April 2008, 14:32   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
This is present in Swift as well, at least it was in the Swift Vxi that my friend got last week
Yes it is present across the range for the Dzire.Its there in the swift too.The switch is near the speedometer in the console itself.tricky positioning of the switch though.
ram
Old 1st April 2008, 15:04   #189
Senior - BHPian

Yes & its the same switch which toggles between Odo & Trip meters
Old 1st April 2008, 15:32   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I have confirmed it as Nippon.I checked the warranty card for the stereo and its Nippon.
RAM
Yup, my bad. I was misinformed. Just checked the user manual of an SX 4. It is indeed Nippon
Old 1st April 2008, 15:47   #191
BHPian

Quote:
  1. Keyless entry system does not have feature of locking the car itself when it reaches 20kmph, as in my swift.
As far as I know we can set or change this speed. I remember reading about it in the security manual that came along with my Swift.
Old 1st April 2008, 17:57   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Is Maruti udyog recruiting new engineers to manage these vehicles service?
Alto, Swift , Swift D then SX4 now Dezire can we expect a quality after sale service?
I think this is going to be a big concern now

After sales has never been a concern with Maruti. No matter how many models they launch, they are very resposive to the service requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svel View Post
Please go through the various Dzire threads/posts in the last 2 days. So many t-BHPians already booked this car. I have not seen such a response (at least within this forum) for any other car in recent times.
You are right svel. The response has been tremendous. Not just at team bhp, but everywhere. A couple of my friends are also wanting to book the dzire asap.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st April 2008 at 19:22.
Old 2nd April 2008, 04:13   #193
Senior - BHPian

Folks the Dzire has raked in 5800 odd bookngs for thje Dzire in March. I anticipate new threads coming up where people will start sharing their expected delivery dates. I hope and pray for the sake of all these guys that MSIL ramps up production to cut short their agony of waiting for their cars, calling up dealers and trying to look up their contacts in MSIl in an effort to hasten the delivery.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:32   #194
BHPian

Dzire specs say that Lxi,Vxi, Ldi,Vdi have "p valve" instead of ABS.

What are p-valves?
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:53   #195
BANNED

As predicted, the sales numbers for March 2008 prove that NHC is not afraid of Dzire.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post780483

But who took the hit? Indigo, Logan, Fiesta, SX4, Verna?

Most Viewed