Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2008, 02:02   #136
Senior - BHPian

Ugly!

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Posting pictures from Imageshack etc. is not permitted on Team-BHP! Please view our updated board rules. The pictures have been uploaded as attachments to this post.

I checked out the car today. Build quality is good, but that's about it!.Oh, it has a big boot too.They've ruined the funky Swift hatch design and added this big boot, is my opinion. Surely, it is the work of Indian designers and no one else, is also my firm opinion!. And, i believe that the car is strictly targeted at middle class Indians with big posteriors. The rear space is cramped. They blew it this time, though. Big posteriors will not fit comfortably in the rear seats of this car with a very disproportionately BIG boot!!.Indians will still buy this car, because it's a Maruti. I know my English is not upto Team-Bhp's standards.You must excuse me, because i'm at a loss for words to describe this car.I've added some pics for your viewing pleasure.Please click on the links....
Attached Thumbnails
Swift DZire prices!-1.jpg  

Swift DZire prices!-2.jpg  

Swift DZire prices!-3.jpg  

Swift DZire prices!-4.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2008 at 16:40.
Old 29th March 2008, 03:22   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
The rear space is cramped. They blew it this time, though. Big posteriors will not fit comfortably in the rear seats of this car with a very disproportionately BIG boot!!.Indians will still buy this car, because it's a Maruti.
Ideally they should have increased the wheelbase by a couple of inches. It would have cost them next to nothing in extra money because they are doing new dies and a new rear door.
But they did'nt do it on purpose, otherwise it would be nothing but a 1.3l SX4
Old 29th March 2008, 08:14   #138
BHPian

Quote:
I checked out the car today. Build quality is good, but that's about it!.Oh, it has a big boot too.They've ruined the funky Swift hatch design and added this big boot, is my opinion. Surely, it is the work of Indian designers and no one else, is also my firm opinion!. And, i believe that the car is strictly targeted at middle class Indians with big posteriors. The rear space is cramped. They blew it this time, though. Big posteriors will not fit comfortably in the rear seats of this car with a very disproportionately BIG boot!!.Indians will still buy this car, because it's a Maruti. I know my English is not upto Team-Bhp's standards.You must excuse me, because i'm at a loss for words to describe this car.I've added some pics for your viewing pleasure.Please click on the links....

Thanks for the pics. In my opinion, the car looks very good. I was all set to buy the SX4 in mid April. Now I'll TD Dzire and SX4 before booking.
Old 29th March 2008, 11:06   #139
BHPian

New Logan Prices Comparison

Comparision of Logan old prices (from 15th Feb) to Today's price
All Ex-Showroom Bangalore
Variant Old New
1.4P GL Rs. 435371 Rs. 426046
1.4P GLE Rs. 458450 Rs. 461368
1.4P GLX Rs. 474104 Rs. 486374

1.6P GLX Rs. 493850 Rs. 532588
1.6P GLS Rs. 528671 Rs. 574757

1.5D DLE Rs. 571815 Rs. 570365
1.5D DLX Rs. 610151 Rs. 608701
1.5D DLS Rs. 662913 Rs. 661463

Compare this with Dzire prices as of today
Again Ex-Showroom Bangalore

Variant Price
Dzire Lxi Rs. 431767.29
Dzire Vxi Rs. 479766.88
Dzire Zxi Rs. 572766.55

Dzire Ldi Rs. 521767.29
Dzire Vdi Rs. 567766.87
Dzire Zdi Rs. 652766.94

No Major changes there. The 1.4 and 1.6 logan petrol prices are less than Dzire Petrol Variants. The diesel prices of logan are more than that of Dzire diesel variants. Now that might be done, hoping that people will still buy Logan diesel instead of eternally waiting for a Dzire diesel.
Old 29th March 2008, 13:16   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Ideally they should have increased the wheelbase by a couple of inches. It would have cost them next to nothing in extra money because they are doing new dies and a new rear door.
But they did'nt do it on purpose, otherwise it would be nothing but a 1.3l SX4
I support your analysis. Although they say they dont care for the cannabalisation of other models, they would still want to keep the SX4 the flagship model.

As far I think, its unlikely that the Dzire will be released internationally soon, as least not in the mature markets. The SX4 sedan has been released in all major markets including the US. I saw lots of them on roads. Nothing to differentiate externally except the sporty looks.

I dont think there is anything currently to halt the Dzire onslaught barring the never ending waiting period.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:51   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Note from the Team-BHP Support : Posting pictures from Imageshack etc. is not permitted on Team-BHP! Please view our updated board rules. The pictures have been uploaded as attachments to this post.

To me the car looks good. In fact better than the Swift. And you are right - maruti has indeed launched this car for the middle class - for a buyer who is for the first time graduating to a sedan from a small car. But that has nothing to do with posterior (in your words).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks