Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 00:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Engine powering the Fabia Soon

Hey guys. Great news for hatch lovers

The Skoda Fabia will soon get a 1.9 Diesel engine ( 4 Cylinder )

A Friend of mine had a skoda dealership and he has driven the 1.9 and told me about it

At first the Hatch was to be launched as a 1.9 and not 1.4. But then better late than never

The source is trusted . So Expect it to be here latest by the year end.
Old 6th May 2008, 01:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news!! I wish this vehicle was there when I was looking out.

The only disappointing feature in Fabia is its engine. With 1.9 D it would be a pleasure to drive. Hope they would not price it abnormally!!
Old 6th May 2008, 01:05   #3
BHPian

engine specs for the 1.9? any news
Old 6th May 2008, 01:35   #4
BHPian

wikipedia says the 1.9 TD has a 78kW(105hp) output. would be really great if that turns out to be true, lovely power to weight ratio. bad times for the getz then
Old 6th May 2008, 03:31   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

If the 1.4 diesel fabia costs around 7lacs,i wonder how much the 1.9tdi variant cost unless skoda is using economies of scale to bring down costs.
Old 6th May 2008, 03:39   #6
BHPian

yup yup that wil be interesting, skoda does have weird prices
Old 6th May 2008, 08:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Good news, but price ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Hey guys. Great news for hatch lovers

The Skoda Fabia will soon get a 1.9 Diesel engine ( 4 Cylinder )

A Friend of mine had a skoda dealership and he has driven the 1.9 and told me about it

At first the Hatch was to be launched as a 1.9 and not 1.4. But then better late than never

The good chassis of Fabia will now get justice and getz will lose whatever numbers it is doing becasue of diesel.

The 1.9 will be from Laura( A5 ) and not from Octavia ( A4 ), then its really good deal. The power along with good torque will be very useful in pushing the performace of Fabia.

But, already Fabia is priced on the higher side, then what will be cost of 1.9D. To really get volume it must be priced at some thoughtful levels and not in SX4, Verna segment.
Old 6th May 2008, 08:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

The 1.9 from Skoda? and price it at 9lac?
Old 6th May 2008, 08:43   #9
BHPian

Let them fix an attractive price.Engine must be same as octavia 1.9Tdi.
Old 6th May 2008, 09:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Fabia Fate is purely dependent on the prices offered with the new engine in the hood.
Old 6th May 2008, 09:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

I Dont think thats a right move by skoda coz thecar was never underpowered. Its unrefined and to address that its quite impossible as the clatter is really loud , there is a limit to what sound dampers can work.
1.9D is a great engine but really is it needed in this ? More over they need to localise and get the pricing of the car more to a reasonable level instead of making effort to upgrade engine options.
If they can reduce the price of the car by plonking in another engine , they should do it and not upgrading into a better more expensive engine.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

If the engine in question is the 1.9TDi, then perhaps the pricing would not be too crazy. This engine has been here for a long time and should not be a very expensive proposition. But, if its the 1.9PD, God help us. Rather, God help Skoda!
The TDi makes more sense. Don't think they will continue the Octavia for long. And since the setup is already in place, why not plonk the work horse in the Fabia? 90bhp @ 4000 and 210nm @ 1900.. Add a tuning box and you are ready to rock!!
Old 6th May 2008, 10:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

I think they should launch the Sedan version of the Fabia with the 1.9 TDI and price it at 9 lacs OTR with the goodies. But the biggest question is will Skoda price it at that level. I can hear a lot of NO's.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:11   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If the news is true, I am pleasantly surprised by Skoda's quick response. A rare pat on the back to them. The Fabia always deserved a better engine at that price. Even the 1.9D with the Octavias output will do just fine. They will surely think of the Laura's limited output before launching the 105 KW variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
If the 1.4 diesel fabia costs around 7lacs,i wonder how much the 1.9tdi variant cost unless skoda is using economies of scale to bring down costs.
I presume they'd be sensible enough to do away with the three cylinder altogether.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I've heard this too. They should bring in the new engine very soon. I would expect them to increase the localization in the current Fabia, plus plonk in the bigger engine and keep the prices unchanged. IMHO, people should stop buying the Fabias with the 1.4 TDI given the high price.

But knowing Skoda, don't be surprised if they sell the 1.9 (obviously priced higher) along with the current 1.4 TDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think they should launch the Sedan version of the Fabia with the 1.9 TDI and price it at 9 lacs OTR with thegoodies.
I don't think Skoda launched a sedan version of the new Fabia in 2007. They sell the hatchback and the estate (which I really liked) in the UK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks