Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 02:11   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Some People ( apart from Team-bhpians) have no sense while buying a car.
Agrred, there are enough ignorant people out there with too much money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
you are right, like i said its for true enthusiasts
A hatchback priced around 10L + with a 1.9 PD engine is for a true enthusiast?? What are talking about man?
Old 8th May 2008, 09:58   #62
BHPian

I was just thinking - maybe they'll not put a bigger engine into the Fabia hatchback and instead bring in the Fabia estate with the 1.9PD, 105bhp.

IMO, they still haven't launched a saloon version of the new Fabia (internationally) or else that would have been the first choice for India.

Last edited by CBlazer : 8th May 2008 at 09:59. Reason: added details
Old 8th May 2008, 10:35   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Fabia would never come with power equal to the twice-as-much priced Laura. If the Laura engine is run in a higher state of tune, only then we can expect a 105 BHP Fabia. But I really don't see this happening.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
A hatchback priced around 10L + with a 1.9 PD engine is for a true enthusiast?? What are talking about man?
i was talking about the bravo
Old 8th May 2008, 10:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

for the price, the 1.9 TDi should have been there on Fabia at launch itself. I am sure that the idea of placing Skoda as an overpriced premium brand would backfire sooner or later.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I was just thinking - maybe they'll not put a bigger engine into the Fabia hatchback and instead bring in the Fabia estate with the 1.9PD, 105bhp.
I doubt they'll think about getting another Estate in India given the sales of the Octavia estate.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

A Sedan would be good ( Fabia Sedan ) However true ishan they wont come with that. Not until they see extremely low sales or until they phase out the octavia, get the laura in the 13 k( on road) and then maybe get the Fabia sedan in the Corolla HE category.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
A Sedan would be good ( Fabia Sedan ) However true ishan they wont come with that. Not until they see extremely low sales or until they phase out the octavia, get the laura in the 13 k( on road) and then maybe get the Fabia sedan in the Corolla HE category.
Isint Fabia sedan same thing as Octavia??? They might as well rename Octavia as Fabia Sedan. The persent Octavia looks much better from outside than the Sedan version of Fabia will look like (prob thats why the company didnt make one originally) I'd rather they go and lauch Roomster instead of a Sedan version of Fabia.
Old 9th May 2008, 10:02   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I doubt they'll think about getting another Estate in India given the sales of the Octavia estate.
Skoda is known to make pretty good estates though. The Combi probably isn't so popular because the Octavia already has a huge boot. The Fabia estate would have a good boot space compared to the current hatchback. Price would be the only issue. Anyway, we all know Skoda's pricing doesn't make sense to most of us.

Of course, if there is a sedan version in the pipeline it would be launched here soon after the international launch.
Old 9th May 2008, 10:29   #70
GTO
Team-BHP Support

History has shown us that Estates just don't sell well in India. While everyone thought it had something to do with the high price, even the Indigo Marina bombed after an initial spurt.

Indians dont take well to estates....lack of image / prestige could be one of the main reasons.
Old 15th May 2008, 18:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

Maybe they just prefer the boot to be a bit low. and feel it to be a proper car instead of the boot going all the way to the top, reducing the curves.
Old 15th May 2008, 21:59   #72
BHPian

Glad did not spend my money on Fabia

I am glad that I did not spend my money on Fabia. I knew from the beginning that something was wrong with respect to their pricing , engine noise and underpowered engine.

Hopefully the 1.9 engine is not as noisy as 1.4 engine.

Is the 1.9 engine also a 3 cylinder engine. ? If the answer is yes, then we can expect the same engine noise as 1.4 engine. The engine noise is awful and I really hated it standing next to it.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:57   #73

Fabia 1.9

Hi all, if Skoda launches the Fabia 1.9, it obviously would be pricey and would cater only to a 'very' niche segment.

I personally dont think Skoda would go ahead with this as it would spark greater critics of Skoda cars being over priced in India.

My opinion is, Skoda should bring in a 4 cylindered block with the same '1400cc' capacity. This wont cost Skoda much to develop and also wont affect the 'Excise duty sops' that Fabia is enjoying currently.

Though a Skoda Fabia vRS with a 1900cc block is welcome.
Old 16th May 2008, 01:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
I am glad that I did not spend my money on Fabia. I knew from the beginning that something was wrong with respect to their pricing , engine noise and underpowered engine.

Hopefully the 1.9 engine is not as noisy as 1.4 engine.

Is the 1.9 engine also a 3 cylinder engine. ? If the answer is yes, then we can expect the same engine noise as 1.4 engine. The engine noise is awful and I really hated it standing next to it.
As written in my 1st post( thread starter) it will be a 4 cylinder . Dont know about the no. of valves whether 2 per cylinder or 4. But a 4 Cylinder 1900 cc engine
Old 18th December 2008, 10:05   #75
BHPian

Yes its coming

Here's some info I found on the net while researching on this:

Lately Skoda had showcased the Fabia SportLine at the Autocar Performance Show. Price is expected to be around Rs. 10 lacs. Will launch in Jan-Feb 2009.

Fabia Sportline specs:

1.9 TDI (same as UK spec)
77kW (105 HP)
16ŽAlloy wheels with Low Profile tyres
A chrome exhaust pipe and rear diffuser for exterior styling,
Boot Spoiler
Sport seats in the front
Sporty pedals
Additional textile carpets
All disk brakes
Sun Roof
a three-spoke leather sports steering wheel
Curtain Airbags
Music system
Integrated front fog lights
Double tone horn
climatronic air-conditioning

Now that is something which will make the Fabia a true HOT HATCH!

Here's Autocar UK's first drive report on the same:
Skoda Fabia Sport 1.9 TDi - Road Test First Drive - Autocar.co.uk

Skoda is planning to localise many of the components used in the Fabia, and this will reduce the price of the Fabia by quite alot. However this will only happen once they start manufacturing from Pune's VW Chakan plant. This is expected in first half of 2009.

Thats what I am waiting for!
Attached Thumbnails
New Engine powering the Fabia Soon-skodafbs.jpg  

New Engine powering the Fabia Soon-fabiasporttiltfss.jpg  

New Engine powering the Fabia Soon-fabiasportfsa.jpg  

New Engine powering the Fabia Soon-fabiasportr3qs.jpg  

New Engine powering the Fabia Soon-fabiasportspoilerd.jpg  

New Engine powering the Fabia Soon-fabiasportintfront.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks