Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 14:10   #151
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Personal Attacks are STRICTLY prohibited on this community. A clean protocol is absolutely imperative keeping our varied audience in mind.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th May 2008 at 14:41.
team suzuki is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th May 2008, 14:11   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I dont think maruti has done anything else in Dzire apart from adding a boot.
But dont worry, the car is still the best in its segment and is superb VFM.
It depends, for me Logan is VFM & best in its segment!
Old 15th May 2008, 14:12   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
That is because the overall percentage of ppl who can afford cars in this segment has now dramatically increased in the last few years. The sale of most of the cars (irrespective of the manufacturer) has increased from the past.
I am not talking just SX4 numbers, this was an example... overall sales have only increased for Maruti so where have the sales shrunk?
Old 15th May 2008, 19:13   #154
BHPian

I think you better check it with the dealer, because I have driven both Swift ZXI & SX4 ZXI at 120 kmph taking my hand out of steering and it does goes in a straight line and can be driven in a single hand with greater control. I was having problems with the Swift at cornering in slow speeds where I have to put more effort on the steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
I dont know whether EPS is faulty or not,but i really feel diffident to do good speeds on my vdi.I don get the necessary feedback above 90.Even verna (2007 may model) i have the steerin plays a lot at high speed.But verna is not having eps,i believe.In both cases i hold tightly to the steering at high speeds.It feels like if you make slight move the car will go out of control.
Old 15th May 2008, 19:19   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post

As you said that the Swift is already highly priced, dont you think increasing it even further will show its effects on the sales.
Personally speaking, if Maruti were to increase the price of Swift any more now, I would be more than willing to spend my money on Getz.

If Maruti increases the price of swift to improve their quality and in that case if you would go for Getz may i know the reason for it other than the price factor? Is it because Getz is far better in terms of quality when compared to swift? If the answer is yes then this is what GTO is trying to say or make it clear in this thread.
Old 16th May 2008, 16:13   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I tell you, that boot lid is made out of hardened tissue paper.
That made me laugh for a while. Dezire Owners pardon me. I did not mean to hurt any one. That only speaks about the ways and means the manufacturers use to get the cost reduced.

Last edited by Seran Manian : 16th May 2008 at 16:14.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:00   #157
BHPian

another way of cost reduction

discontinuation of the keyless entry feature--cost approx rs 5500,
they are not reducing the car price by that amt.
hence the price of car in money terms goes up by 5500 rs
Old 16th May 2008, 17:30   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I tell you, that boot lid is made out of hardened tissue paper.
NO wonder Dzire is only ~30Kg heavier than its hatchback sibling.
Old 16th May 2008, 19:23   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
If Maruti increases the price of swift to improve their quality and in that case if you would go for Getz may i know the reason for it other than the price factor? Is it because Getz is far better in terms of quality when compared to swift? If the answer is yes then this is what GTO is trying to say or make it clear in this thread.
Unfortunately, it is human tedency to believe that better quality comes at a high price. The Swift & SX4 have a sufficient margin (buffer) for Maruti to increase the overall quality by 10%, without an impact on its price.
Old 17th May 2008, 22:07   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian
That made me laugh for a while. Dezire Owners pardon me. I did not mean to hurt any one. That only speaks about the ways and means the manufacturers use to get the cost reduced.
What is there to laugh about, Seran Manian ? It is a boot after-all. Does it have to be tank like? I don't know. My Baleno's boot-lid is also lightweight. Anyway, what is the golden-bootlid with which you are doing the comparo ?
Old 17th May 2008, 23:41   #161
BHPian

hii
Shocked to read about so many complaints about M U L
I own swift DDIS which has clocked 10600kms rattles yes
but am very much happy with response of my mean machine, overtaking not a problem at all(in my previous car TATA i had to plan and press the accelerator hard and then after some seconds the engine used to respond and zoom)
I use synthetic oil and have upgraded my rubber (185/70 r14)
am satisfied with my mean machine inturn M U L

Note from mod: Excessive smileys removed. Please go through the rules section before posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 18th May 2008 at 15:24. Reason: DO NOT USe more than 2 smileys per post
Old 18th May 2008, 14:05   #162
BHPian

I also agree with you GTO sir.Really now people should think before buying a Maruti.
Old 18th May 2008, 15:41   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I think you better check it with the dealer, because I have driven both Swift ZXI & SX4 ZXI at 120 kmph taking my hand out of steering and it does goes in a straight line and can be driven in a single hand with greater control. I was having problems with the Swift at cornering in slow speeds where I have to put more effort on the steering.
AFAIK, the EPS does not assist at speeds above 60 kmph.
Old 18th May 2008, 15:51   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
40 kph rather, switches off rather. Then on its the direct rack n pinion doing the job.
Old 18th May 2008, 16:53   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Unfortunately, it is human tedency to believe that better quality comes at a high price. The Swift & SX4 have a sufficient margin (buffer) for Maruti to increase the overall quality by 10%, without an impact on its price.
We live in world's largest democracy, so Maruti has the right to build cars in a way and price them or have buffer for profits. And we are free to buy what we feel is value for money. Swift/SX4 fullfill the needs of many indians are they find it very good VFM ( Value For Money ), so they go for it.

Having said that, I would not shy away from adding the point that the things can be improved. The point here is Improvement is a WANT and not a NECESSACITY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
What is there to laugh about, Seran Manian ? It is a boot after-all. Does it have to be tank like? I don't know. My Baleno's boot-lid is also lightweight. Anyway, what is the golden-bootlid with which you are doing the comparo ?
Good question. Even our Baleno boot lid is quite light weight. But the hood (bonnet) of Baleno is quite heavy and I was literally surprised the first time I lifted the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
40 kph rather, switches off rather. Then on its the direct rack n pinion doing the job.
At 40kmph, the ESP will cut off and not 60kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks