Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 10:17   #196
Senior - BHPian

after first 500 Km, my SX4 rocks. I know its too early, but the way the car is criticized here, its should have broken part in first 500 Km.

Anyways I am still waiting to take it on highway, but under 2500 rpm only in City, I am enjoying the pickup.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:50   #197
Team-BHP Support

OT: Oh this is still going on eh?

Seriously if you want to do something, why dont people having problem get together through/via TBHP and address this to Maruti directly, instead of waiting for Maruti internet crawler to lay his/her hands here? Collective voice works well right, atleast those owners will get some resolution.

Just a thought carry on.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:02   #198
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Seriously if you want to do something, why dont people having problem get together through/via TBHP and address this to Maruti directly, instead of waiting for Maruti internet crawler to lay his/her hands here? Collective voice works well right, atleast those owners will get some resolution.
Already did.

Guys, lets keep this thread constructive. If there is a problem, accept it. No one here has anything against the Swift or the SX4. We are merely highlighting areas of improvement.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:07   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Are you doubting my reports on the car? You think I am lying about the issues I am facing with the car? Or are you trying to tell me that since 'I was not forced to buy the car' I should shut up and not report on the problems? In that case, we should shut down the technical section that we have on this forum.
No. Like anyone else on the forum with any car they own, you are free to report the issues you have with your car. And I do not doubt your report either.

My point was that you could have verified/confirmed your expectations from a car costing 8lakhs during the car evaluation stage itself, which would have saved you all this trouble.

And since you seem to be comparing this car with the Palio, it would help to have a look at the thread on a new Palio breakdown on the road in Blore - just like that. And on that thread, you would see many more Palio users reporting similar problems. Is that bad quality or inconsistent quality ? Inspite of all the inconsistent quality issues you face with your SX4, atleast it did not let you down on the road, like the Palio did to these guys ?
Old 21st May 2008, 12:22   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If this was said by a Fiat or Ford service advisor all hell would have happened here. Just because it's Maruti or Honda, we change our tune to 'all service personnels are illetrate'.
Yes, Many people tend to go softly on Marti and Honda. The other companies (Ford,GM etc) should find out their success mantra and follow it instead of simply selling "Good" products in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Maruti has each and every right to sell Omni, 800 along with GV (Grand Vitara ) as this is democracy. There is a market where not every one can afford NHC( sold without ABS till SX4 came ), Civic ( low ground clearence, but no improvement almost 2 years ). For them 800/Omni can prove a blessing.
There is a reason many car companies have a different branding for Luxury cars.
If you say I have a Maruti GV, there is no pride because people in india associate maruti with small/cheap cars.

High time maruti adopted a new branding for it's Luxury cars

Quote:
I really fail to understand what is wrong here. Ohters have also done the same thing. Honda Accord had fuel pump failures ( those who read overdive will remember this ), and honda accord is "LUXURY CAR".
And people still say, "It's a HONDA. It cannot go wrong!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I don't think you would have settle quite easily, even if you had bought NHC, Fiesta, Verna etc.. you'll still report lot of issues, which are apparently not there in Palio.. sometime, you just got to admit, that different cars can have different characteristics..
or maybe it should be different cars can have different problems..
Old 21st May 2008, 14:40   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Yes, Many people tend to go softly on Marti and Honda. The other companies (Ford,GM etc) should find out their success mantra and follow it instead of simply selling "Good" products in the market.

Honda is the company that enjoys this status of going softly the most. No doubt about that.

Quote:
There is a reason many car companies have a different branding for Luxury cars.
If you say I have a Maruti GV, there is no pride because people in india associate maruti with small/cheap cars.

High time maruti adopted a new branding for it's Luxury cars
Yes correct, just like Infinity, Acura, Lexus from Nissan, Honda and Toyota respectively, its good if suzuki too has one brand.

Quote:
And people still say, "It's a HONDA. It cannot go wrong!!"

That is the main point, that why do we tolerate Honda. I have generally seen that most people would start pinpointing Maruti, but Honda is the one to have the least pinpointing. This might not be true here, but is true everywhere else.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:46   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Already did.
Reported directly to Maruti? Have they responded/acknowledged/denied any of the complaints?

Details would be helpful.
Old 21st May 2008, 17:58   #203
BHPian

There has been lots going on this thread.

12.8K kms traveled in my Swift and all I can say is that I could not have bought a better car at "this" price. Although I must agree that the padding on the doors is not thick and it never closes with a "thud" but rather it closes with a "thrrud". I had a major rattling problem which turned out to be the after market parcel tray which did wonders to make my old ICE setup shy. Other than that I have had no problems. Oh yes ... the exterior panel gaps is yet another concern but inside the car I am a happy man.
Old 21st May 2008, 18:43   #204
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Reported directly to Maruti? Have they responded/acknowledged/denied any of the complaints?
Yup, sent directly to certain key personnel. Somehow, no auto manufacturer ever replies back to me. Something tells me that all of them are mighty pissed off
Old 21st May 2008, 19:23   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
all of them are mighty pissed off
Or are gagged by legal
Old 21st May 2008, 19:45   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, sent directly to certain key personnel. Somehow, no auto manufacturer ever replies back to me. Something tells me that all of them are mighty pissed off

did the same thing,i gave them links to different threads.
did not get any reply.

ot::in an another email i asked them why the price increase in dzire is more tha the sx4 and they replied::for this you can contact our regional office for more information on this ..
Old 21st May 2008, 20:14   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Great job

This is precisly what i wanted of this thread(not some one saying my car is better than yours). I am really eager to learn what they are making out of it.

But all said, its Indian nature not to act till the last minute(work on pressure types, here pressure would be lowering in sales), so i am not in high expectations that Maruti will reply back.
Old 21st May 2008, 20:59   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
No. Like anyone else on the forum with any car they own, you are free to report the issues you have with your car. And I do not doubt your report either.

My point was that you could have verified/confirmed your expectations from a car costing 8lakhs during the car evaluation stage itself, which would have saved you all this trouble.
Supreme, I see where you are coming from, but when you buy a car within months of its launch, it is not possible to verify how it will hold up in the long run. A test drive will only tell you about ride, handling, NVH and fit and finish. Problems start appearing later. These are some of the risks of buying a car that is not proven in the market yet.

In fact my major grouse with leading car magazines is that they offer no help to the reader in making such decisions. All they can do is take out a brand new car/bike....do some 4 wheel drifts, take it to a race track, do stoppies, max it out on the expressway etc....I mean who the hell cares about all that. They do keep some cars for long term tests but rather than highlightng the problems they are hidden in fine print. We need info like we see in this thread to help buyers make the right decision and this is where Team Bhp rules.
Old 21st May 2008, 21:25   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
. We need info like we see in this thread to help buyers make the right decision and this is where Team Bhp rules.

Sure do Mpower but what irks me is that some people have carried out a villification campaign agains MSIL. They may well have had some bad experiences but is it correct to generalise the problems and paint the paricular model in black is not done. We should have an objective discussion on the pro's and cons
Old 21st May 2008, 21:38   #210
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Sure do Mpower but what irks me is that some people have carried out a villification campaign agains MSIL. They may well have had some bad experiences but is it correct to generalise the problems and paint the paricular model in black is not done. We should have an objective discussion on the pro's and cons
Its also about statistical representation. As I've mentioned in my post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post836112

I really doubt if any Internet forum can do a proper statistical representation.

VBV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks