Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Does your SX4 rattle ?
Absolutely no rattles at all. 42 31.34%
Just one or two rattles - nothing serious. 49 36.57%
Quite some rattles - irritating and cannot be ignored. 25 18.66%
The whole damn car rattles. 18 13.43%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 20:36   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Does your SX4 rattle ?

@filcord, so you dumped "lady lightning" for the SX4, eh ?

Yeah, if there is a poll, some people just have to vote, even if it is not relevant to them and inspite of voting instructions, which they would not even read. Nothing much can be done about this, since it is neither easy to control voting nor is it possible to track who owns what car. I believe the information we are looking for and which would help anyone wanting to get to the bottom of this, would be available in the posts made by the owners on this thread.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 24th June 2011 at 20:41.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:01   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@filcord, so you dumped "lady lightning" for the SX4, eh ?
Yes, accountant's and wifey's advice.
But not a day goes by that I don't think longingly of the Baleno. WIsh I could have kept her, and got the SX4... but parking and vitamin M issues dictated otherwise.
Old 10th July 2011, 13:18   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Yeah, if there is a poll, some people just have to vote, even if it is not relevant to them and inspite of voting instructions, which they would not even read. Nothing much can be done about this, since it is neither easy to control voting nor is it possible to track who owns what car.
Completely agreed! I have noticed this trend in couple of other threads. So the best way to encounter this trend to provide an option which is more likely to meet.

If I had to give options for poll, I would always add an extra option at the bottom which is relevant to those people who dont own a SX4.

For eg, an option like this might have worked good. Option : I don't own, but I have heard SX4 rattles. And this might have got the max voting. A lot of us including me, provide insights based on hear say, but some people dont add that disclaimer to their feedback and thats where things turn bad.

Also adding the mileage run so far to the option would have made more sense. Like, SX4 < 10K rattles, or SX4 run 10-20K rattles and so on. Here if a new owner has to vote, 99% chances are that he / she may not have any rattles since its a brand new car and rattles could always start a little later, at 5K or after 10K kms.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th July 2011 at 13:20.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 13:35   #109
BHPian

Update after 4.5 years, 45000 kms of single ownership. The rear parcel tray tail lamp rattles after going on rough patches. Its partly my mistake, had it removed once for fixing tail lamp bulb. The dashboard squeaks and settles in while going over rough patches. No door panel / glove box / seat rattling of any kind over all these years. I commute on bad stretches and this being my 3 maruti, is really built well. my cars have professional damping, so I can attribute to that. Externally, there is a rattling noise, I have not been able to figure out. Should be some kind of linkage. That clanking noise is heard when I go over rough patches. Some kind of dar-dar-dar noise that filters into the cabin too. Any pointers are welcome.
Old 9th March 2013, 17:07   #110

Hey guys and gurus..

My 2009 SX4 ZXI have developed a rattle.. Its a faint metallic rattle somewhere in the center of the dash audible when i am crossing over a bad patch ( whatever be the speed). This is happening since last 8-9 months.. I have shown this to couple of MASS in delhi but they havent been able to rectify it.. Any dope on possible reasons is welcome so that i can go with a specific input to these guys as to do the needed repairs..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks