Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2008, 23:03   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hey id... here in Mumbai we have the BMW secure package in combination with Bajaj Allianz which also covers your tyres for damages, not punctures.. just check what do u have there in Hyd.
Correction : BMW Secure covers you for punctures and not Damaged Tyres. Check out the Secure Welcome pack at any dealer...it has the complete info. Also, the replacements are limited to 4/year. As well as there is a sliding scale that is applied based on the tread deapth!
Old 31st August 2008, 23:15   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
Cool looks like the best option. Thanks for sharing. As you complete the first tenure time, the package availability extends longer into the cars life cycle where it will come in handy and prove worth the expense.
Correction: BSI+R does not extend into the car's life if u delay the purchase. It ends at 5 years from the warranty start date or the stipulated kilometer on the Dash...whichever is earlier.
Old 1st September 2008, 00:44   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Correction : BMW Secure covers you for punctures and not Damaged Tyres. Check out the Secure Welcome pack at any dealer...it has the complete info. Also, the replacements are limited to 4/year. As well as there is a sliding scale that is applied based on the tread deapth!

I have taken the secure and it states that it covers punctures and damaged tyres . I was told if the tyre get ripped apart then i would get a replacement .
But it does not give a replacement for wear and tear .
We also have to pay around 5000/- to 6000/- in case of a puncture depending on the tread .
Old 23rd September 2008, 22:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hey id... here in Mumbai we have the BMW secure package in combination with Bajaj Allianz which also covers your tyres for damages, not punctures.. just check what do u have there in Hyd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post

I have taken the secure and it states that it covers punctures and damaged tyres . I was told if the tyre get ripped apart then i would get a replacement .
But it does not give a replacement for wear and tear .
We also have to pay around 5000/- to 6000/- in case of a puncture depending on the tread .
OK, so which is it? Let's assume you're covered by Bajaj with that package and you hit a ditch and put a bubble in your tyre's side-wall. Are you saying that they will replace the tyre and charge you a nominal amount depending on how much you used the tyre up to the point of replacement?
Old 24th September 2008, 13:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
OK, so which is it? Let's assume you're covered by Bajaj with that package and you hit a ditch and put a bubble in your tyre's side-wall. Are you saying that they will replace the tyre and charge you a nominal amount depending on how much you used the tyre up to the point of replacement?
Bajaj Alianz provides insurance
that means if we have an accident they will cover everything exempt fibre part which they pay 50% and glass which they pay 30% . this cost me 175000 for my 530D Highline.

In-addition to this if i take BMW secure which will cost me 75000, that will pay for my remaining 50% for fibre parts and 70% for my glass part .
that means if i have an accident i just need to pay 1000 INR .

BMW secure also covers the tyre that means if your tyre gets damaged in any way then they give you a replacement tyre after deducting a nominal amount .

this nominal amount will be calculated according to the wear and tear of yur tyre and kilometers run . they have a scale to measure which means if the tyre which cost 24000( now reduced to 18000) you might have to pay 2000 to 3000 INR

Thanks
Old 24th September 2008, 15:02   #66
BHPian

This is how they measure the depth of the remaining tyre tread

inspection conditions
1. tyre pressure should be maintained as specified by the manufacturer
2. depth will be measured at the center of the tread
3. mean of minimum three readings will be taken

>7 mm 100% reimbursement
>5-7 mm 75%
>3-5 mm 50%
<3 mm 0%

In case of a puncture it states the following
- Whenever the damage relates to one or more tyres of the insured vehicle and renders them unusable as a result of continuos running of the insured vehicle in deflated conition, the customer will be compensated for the cost of new tyress including the air valve,of same make& specification but limited to and corresponding to tread depth of the damaged tyres according to terms and conditions set in the chart above

so that means if you are using RFT's and it gets punchered and you drive it in deflated condition and it becomes unusable we will get a replacement

Again it mentions that any damage from our neglect,natural wear and tear etc wont be covered but it still depends over your dealer and if they want they can help you get a replacement
Thanks

Last edited by sujithnk : 24th September 2008 at 15:12.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting! The M3 does not come with run-flats, and thanks to the low profile 18" or 19" wheels and our lovely roads, putting bubbles into the sidewalls is a fairly regular thing. I've had two in six months. Makes me wonder if this BMW secure would be worth it, but at Rs. 75000/- I guess it only makes sense from accidental coverage pov.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks