Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2022, 20:19   #166
Team-BHP Support

Re: How do dealers dispose of a demo car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
I feel this is the last demo car as I enquired with 3-4 other dealers and none have any cars left.
I never recommend anyone even to consider a Demo car. Most customers drive the demo cars as if they have to test everything, from top speed to brakes and exhaust sounds at high RPMs.

Here's a good ownership (demo ES) thread for one of the most reliable cars in the world

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...o-vehicle.html (Ownership tussle for my Lexus ES300h (ex-demo vehicle))

Better save more money and get something new or find something that fits your budget.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th May 2022 at 20:21.
Old 7th May 2022, 20:24   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Just check the service record, possibly do a yearly service in the deal and run a scanner through for a thorough check.
Rest the deal looks fine and if you consider it is possibly the cheapest entry to the big 3, it's worth it.
Also the other options like compass or octavia don't have the brand image of an Audi. Do factor that in, I'll day negotiate hard by offering 29-30 first up.
Rest I am a DM away.
P.S I know atleast 5 Q2 owners who are really happy.

Cheers
Thank you for your response. That’s great to hear. The dealer told me there is no service record as the car is due for its first service somewhere around September22 end. Is this correct or is he taking me for a ride?

True, Audi has a lot higher brand image compared to jeep and the car is a pleasure to drive too.

He is very much stuck on the 34 price tag, i tried my best and I was stuck on 32 but he did not move anything below 34. It’s probabaly the last Q2 left as all the stocks have been exhausted and I feel that is why he is very rigid on the price. He had another car which he sold a few days back for a lakh more same model so he was not willing to negotiate further. Is there anything else that I can do to bring the price down? Or are you aware about any other dealer who has a Q2 to sell?
Old 7th May 2022, 20:33   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your response. That’s great to hear. The dealer told me there is no service record as the car is due for its first service somewhere around September22 end. Is this correct or is he taking me for a ride?

True, Audi has a lot higher brand image compared to jeep and the car is a pleasure to drive too.

He is very much stuck on the 34 price tag, i tried my best and I was stuck on 32 but he did not move anything below 34. It’s probabaly the last Q2 left as all the stocks have been exhausted and I feel that is why he is very rigid on the price. He had another car which he sold a few days back for a lakh more same model so he was not willing to negotiate further. Is there anything else that I can do to bring the price down? Or are you aware about any other dealer who has a Q2 to sell?

If it's his last car, he can wait for a better price maybe, no issues with the service then, you can check the due service in days/km on MID anyway.

You can check other dealerships, recently saw Audi nashik having another Q2 done 3200kms.
In NCR, there are many for sale. They won't be of much use to you though.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 20:58   #169
BHPian

Quote:
If it's his last car, he can wait for a better price maybe, no issues with the service then, you can check the due service in days/km on MID anyway.

You can check other dealerships, recently saw Audi nashik having another Q2 done 3200kms.
In NCR, there are many for sale. They won't be of much use to you though.

The nashik audi was it a grey color premium plus II model? How much was the nashik dealer asking for it?
Old 7th May 2022, 22:54   #170
BHPian

Quote:
The nashik audi was it a grey color premium plus II model? How much was the nashik dealer asking for it?
Yes it was grey, there was no asking price mentioned though, you can also check a page on Instagram by the name celebrity cars Mumbai, they too have a Q2 listed, same grey color.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 00:10   #171
BHPian

Dealers are very smart theese days, they do not use their demo cars for test drives as and when they can neither are these cars registered. Most have to hold them for 1.5-2 years post wich they can do as they please. Depends on ones source at the showroom as to the genuineness of the car.
Old 8th May 2022, 01:56   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it was grey, there was no asking price mentioned though, you can also check a page on Instagram by the name celebrity cars Mumbai, they too have a Q2 listed, same grey color.
Are you checking audiapprovedplus website for these cars? I also checked the insta page, q2 is no longer there. Are there any other websites I can check for demo or unregistered cars?
Old 8th May 2022, 10:14   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Are you checking audiapprovedplus website for these cars? I also checked the insta page, q2 is no longer there. Are there any other websites I can check for demo or unregistered cars?
Yes, I recently checked Audi approved plus page, the prices for used Q2 were absolutely ridiculous.
Either they bargain a lot or don't want to sell the cars.
dhruvritzed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 22:18   #174
BHPian

The dealer called me back for the q2 and is ready to give me 2+3 year extended warranty and first service free and free mats and car cover plus three years audi my connect for same quoted price of 34 on road daman. Is this a good deal now?
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:12   #175

Hello Everyone,

My brother used to ride his bike to the office and thought himself as a 2-wheeler person. It was convenient too, in Bangalore Traffic. However, things changed after he got married last November. The need for a car has arisen.

As it will be his first car he wanted a used card for under 4L. He informed me the same and I talked to few of my contacts. Someone I know happened to knew a Kia Dealer in the city and there is this demo car which the dealer is ready to sell.

Model: Kia Seltos GTX+ Petrol DCT
Year of make : 2020
Month of make : VIN has only 17 digits and thus could not find out month of manufacturing.
ODO: 5 Km.

The car is in good shape. Minor scratches at couple of places. Looks new.

I checked the current on road price and its north of 15L.

How much price can be quoted for such a car? The dealer hasn't quoted any price and asking me to quote a price.
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:45   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrish R View Post
there is this demo car which the dealer is ready to sell.
---
ODO: 5 Km.
Is this a demo or display car? Strange if a dealer kept one car standstill in the showroom (display car) for almost two years, and got it registered too. No reason for it to have scratches in such a case.

If this is a demo/TD car, the odometer can't say 5km. Even with the one-time reset that dealers are supposedly allowed (which is within a few hundred kms), the car could easily have run several thousand in reality.

Something doesn't quite fit. And in any case, unlikely this car will go for <10 lakhs. How does your brother manage to go from under 4 to 10+?
Old 4th August 2022, 07:52   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is this a demo or display car? Strange if a dealer kept one car standstill in the showroom (display car) for almost two years, and got it registered too. No reason for it to have scratches in such a case.
I talked to Showroom Manager and he confirmed that this was a display car and not a demo car. It has never been test driven. However they did get it registered. Its also insured till Nov'22.

Quote:
If this is a demo/TD car, the odometer can't say 5km. Even with the one-time reset that dealers are supposedly allowed (which is within a few hundred kms), the car could easily have run several thousand in reality.
It's not 5 Km but 5000 Km. I apologise for the typo. The manager confessed that it might have taken couple of intercity trips.

Quote:

How does your brother manage to go from under 4 to 10+?
Initially he was planning to buy in all cash. As he thinks he is a getting a great deal he is open to take a loan for rest of the amount.

There is however one thing that's bothering me. There is rat's bite (actually a hole) through the back seat at the right most corner. The hole opens up in the boot. However during the drive the instrument cluster didn't flash any warning light. The dealer informed that there is no issues with wiring and as far as the seat is concerned, he will replace the specific seat before handing over the car.

I am trying to negotiate in the price in the vicinity of around 7-8L. Will that be a good deal?
Old 4th August 2022, 11:21   #178
BHPian

Quote:

It's not 5 Km but 5000 Km. I apologise for the typo. The manager confessed that it might have taken couple of intercity trips.
5000 Kms on a display car is high. I guess occasionally it might have been used as a test drive car. It a known fact that TD cars are generally abused by the staff and the prospective buyers. Long term reliability is always questionable if the engine and transmission has been abused in the running-in period. Take you call between the quoted price and potential issues that you may face in near future. Do negotiate for extended warranty from the OEM, which should be effective from the date of car delivery.
Old 4th August 2022, 11:50   #179
BHPian

Quote:
I talked to Showroom Manager and he confirmed that this was a display car and not a demo car. It has never been test driven. However they did get it registered. Its also insured till Nov'22.

It's not 5 Km but 5000 Km.

There is however one thing that's bothering me. There is rat's bite (actually a hole) through the back seat at the right most corner. The hole opens up in the boot. However during the drive the instrument cluster didn't flash any warning light. The dealer informed that there is no issues with wiring and as far as the seat is concerned, he will replace the specific seat before handing over the car.

I am trying to negotiate in the price in the vicinity of around 7-8L. Will that be a good deal?
You are essentially buying a used car closer to 2 years old and 5k odo. Just deal this as such instead of a demo or display car.

I have not seen a display car that is permanent registered. For demo cars, dealers use trade plates and not proper registration. So please do your due diligence on whose name it is invoiced in the system, whose name it is registered, whether full life time tax is paid. And check the NCB of insurance too and whether it is serviced at specified intervals.
Old 21st August 2022, 15:45   #180
BHPian

Hyundai dealer in Mangalore is disposing off a Jul '21 manufactured Hyundai Tucson (last facelift), which they were using as a demo and test drive vehicle. The car has run about 7K and is registered in the name of the dealer. I will therefore be the second owner of the vehicle.

Now that the new Tucson has been launched, the dealer is disposing off the car. Hyundai had stopped accepting orders for the old Tucson almost 3-4 months ago. So the car should not have been used for test drives for more than 7-8 months.

The car is being sold under Hyundai promise where there are extended warranties etc that are provided.

Dealer has an initial quote of 29L, which I believe is slightly negotiable. In July '21, a similar specced Tucson would have costed about 34L OTR (4WD Diesel). So they are offering about a 15% discount over their acquisition cost.

Visually, the car seems fine.

Is it a good idea to pursue? Any red flags?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks