Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2022, 16:29   #181

Re: How do dealers dispose of a demo car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Hyundai dealer in Mangalore is disposing off a Jul '21 manufactured Hyundai Tucson (last facelift), which they were using as a demo and test drive vehicle. The car has run about 7K and is registered in the name of the dealer. I will therefore be the second owner of the vehicle.
A demo car is driven by people to test each and every aspect which puts pressure on consumable parts especially the ones not covered under warranty such as brake pads tyres and others so you need to check them considering the car is more than a year old

Also a 15% discount is quite less as the car in the range of Tucson depreciates nearly 18-20% in initial years also since new gen is launched the car will surely fetch a lower value

You can bargain with the dealer if you are ok with above
savirbajaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 16:47   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Hyundai dealer in Mangalore is disposing off a Jul '21 manufactured Hyundai Tucson (last facelift), which they were using as a demo and test drive vehicle. The car has run about 7K and is registered in the name of the dealer. I will therefore be the second owner of the vehicle.

Now that the new Tucson has been launched, the dealer is disposing off the car. Hyundai had stopped accepting orders for the old Tucson almost 3-4 months ago. So the car should not have been used for test drives for more than 7-8 months.

The car is being sold under Hyundai promise where there are extended warranties etc that are provided.

Dealer has an initial quote of 29L, which I believe is slightly negotiable. In July '21, a similar specced Tucson would have costed about 34L OTR (4WD Diesel). So they are offering about a 15% discount over their acquisition cost.

Visually, the car seems fine.

Is it a good idea to pursue? Any red flags?
The benefit doesn't seem to be that good. 15% depreciation on 2nd ownership is the least you should expect. But since this is a Demo/TD car, you should expect a better deal. Check tyres, and service record as well. Factor the fact that it is an outgoing model. Get a complementary full service done by them will all fixes paid by them, if you do go ahead.

Try for 25% off on on-road and see where you can settle finally at the table.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 20:11   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Yes, I recently checked Audi approved plus page, the prices for used Q2 were absolutely ridiculous.
Either they bargain a lot or don't want to sell the cars.
I found a 3year old A3 TDI listed with Audi South, it was supposedly a media car imported CBU for the first batch of 2017 facelifts, registered to VW Sales India with Corporate tax paid.

Listed for 24L | Bought 18L
You're right! They leave a big room to negotiate.

Sweet deal with full records and just finished my first service with it a few days ago, it stands at 49441kms.

Here's my thread for more reading!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...am-wheels.html (My Pre-Owned 2017 Audi A3 2.0 TDI | 1 Year Ownership | A dream on wheels)

How do dealers dispose of a demo car?-dsc_1868.jpg
IanNazareth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 08:25   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing an ad on SM for sale of unregistered demo Skoda cars, by Tafe Access in Bangalore.

If any one interested, you could reach out to the dealership.

Last edited by condor : 30th September 2022 at 08:26.
Old 4th November 2022, 19:10   #185
y2k
BHPian

Poor Dealership Experience | NEXA Andheri East(Shivam Autozone India Private Ltd.)

We are looking at the new Baleno as a viable and potential first car for myself. We have owned two Maruti cars in the past, although I haven't driven them, so for me this will be my first car.

Visited the Link Road Veera Desai road and found out that Nexa showroom is not there anymore. I believe this was present until before the pandemic and was owned by Navnit motors. Anyway we found out that there is a showroom at Andheri East. I had noticed this on the Nexa website as well, and turns out to be the next closest. At Veera Desai, instead, there was a small shop with one sales guy to redirect customers to Andheri East.

After visiting the NEXA Andheri East(Shivam Autozone India Private Ltd.) showroom, we were made to wait for a while despite being told at Veera Desai that we would get somebody to show the car and also a test drive at Andheri East. After waiting around for a bit, we were approached by a sales agent who, for some weird reason, left after a few mins and then came in another sales guy - Pratik.
Getting to the point - no test drive offered, no discounts/offers - not on the exchange, no corporate discount, nothing and 6 months waiting.

I requested a test drive anyway and was told that they would try during the week if they could get a car. There was a white Baleno in the showroom for the purpose of the demo. We were there for quite some time and agreed to be contacted for the test drive during the week before we left the showroom. The next evening I got a call saying that there was a white Baleno available to be bought and that we were being offered it first. I replied that I wanted the test drive first and was told they would try to arrange it Been a week now, and I haven't been contacted. I have a feeling the car being pushed to me was the demo car, as that was also the same colour and variant (Alpha). Shady & unprofessional, and left a bad taste.

Have any of you experienced so? What would you make of this episode? Any suggestions for a Nexa showroom in Mumbai where you have had a good experience personally?

Mod Note - Please proofread before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th November 2022 at 07:58. Reason: Grammar/ Spelling
Old 5th November 2022, 02:06   #186
BHPian

Re: Poor Dealership Experience | NEXA Andheri East(Shivam Autozone India Private Ltd.)

Hi y2k, I’d picked up my SCross from Sai Service Nexa, Palladium. From TD to, booking to delivery, it was a very smooth experience. Have a decent rapport with the showroom and ASS guys. If you’re interested to pursue the new Baleno further, PM me your contact details. I’ll ask them to get in touch with you.
Old 11th December 2022, 16:12   #187
y2k
BHPian

Re: Poor Dealership Experience | NEXA Andheri East(Shivam Autozone India Private Ltd.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Hi y2k, I’d picked up my SCross from Sai Service Nexa, Palladium. From TD to, booking to delivery, it was a very smooth experience. Have a decent rapport with the showroom and ASS guys. If you’re interested to pursue the new Baleno further, PM me your contact details. I’ll ask them to get in touch with you.
All this while I was thinking whether I should buy a cheaper car and if this is a good time to purchase. Thinking of going with Tiago as of now but given how certain colors are being pushed as readily available and offering a test drive is such a chore for some dealers I was drawn to this thread. However, if you can then please share the name and contact details of the relevant individuals with me so that in future if I need it or if I change my mind about my purchase I can contact them at my leisure rather than be targeted by their aggressive whatsapp messaging like most of them do these days.

Not to mod - No idea why my dealer specific review thread was merged with this one. Doesn't make sense as I was just thinking whether the sales agent was pushing a demo car to me rather than claiming so. At most the mod could have left a link in my dealer review thread towards this thread so at least any future user who specifically searches for that dealer name can find the thread and add their experience. I created that thread specifically as I couldn't find any reviews for that Nexa specific showroom in Mumbai here on team bhp. Given that this specific dealer has two showrooms in Mumbai, it would serve well to have review thread for the dealer unless it is against the policies here. There are many users from Mumbai here on this forum who have or may purchase a Nexa car. Can possibly help them. Merging that here doesn't do justice to the idea of review.
Old 11th December 2022, 22:51   #188
BHPian

Have PM’ed you the details of their sales head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k View Post
All this while I was thinking whether I should buy a cheaper car and if this is a good time to purchase. Thinking of going with Tiago as of now but given how certain colors are being pushed as readily available and offering a test drive is such a chore for some dealers I was drawn to this thread. However, if you can then please share the name and contact details of the relevant individuals with me so that in future if I need it or if I change my mind about my purchase I can contact them at my leisure rather than be targeted by their aggressive whatsapp messaging like most of them do these days.

Not to mod - No idea why my dealer specific review thread was merged with this one. Doesn't make sense as I was just thinking whether the sales agent was pushing a demo car to me rather than claiming so. At most the mod could have left a link in my dealer review thread towards this thread so at least any future user who specifically searches for that dealer name can find the thread and add their experience. I created that thread specifically as I couldn't find any reviews for that Nexa specific showroom in Mumbai here on team bhp. Given that this specific dealer has two showrooms in Mumbai, it would serve well to have review thread for the dealer unless it is against the policies here. There are many users from Mumbai here on this forum who have or may purchase a Nexa car. Can possibly help them. Merging that here doesn't do justice to the idea of review.
GreyNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 20:45   #189
BHPian

I found a Octavia L&K Demo Car which is an year old, 8K driven.

We own a Polo GT TSI and a Honda city (selling it off soon). We're looking to replace the City with a car that has 5 star rated safety and ideally something that feels same or better than a Polo GT.

My budget is 30-35L and this Demo Octavia L&K is quoted at 31L and fits nicely under my budget. The car is not registered, comes with 4 year warranty and they are willing to give me a discount on the 2 year extended warranty + 4 year service package.

Test drove the car for ~15 kms and no rattles, abnormal steering / brakes were observed.

Dealer agrees for a third party inspection.

To me, no other car that I drove under my budget feels like the Octavia. Meeting our build quality requirements, the only other car that we considered was a new jeep compass that will likely cost the same as this demo car.

Heart says Octavia, mind says new Jeep.

What should I do?
Old 18th April 2023, 21:45   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk01 View Post
Heart says Octavia, mind says new Jeep.

What should I do?
That's a choice between devil and the deep sea. Given both have equally patchy after sales with tons of horror stories, i would pick a brand new Jeep simply cause the theoretical probability of failure is lower than a demo Octavia. Plus the Octavia is now an officially discontinued model. All this talk of it coming back is just talk until it actually does. And even then, depending on when it comes, it just might be an all new platform.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 18:53   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
That's a choice between devil and the deep sea. Given both have equally patchy after sales with tons of horror stories, i would pick a brand new Jeep simply cause the theoretical probability of failure is lower than a demo Octavia. Plus the Octavia is now an officially discontinued model. All this talk of it coming back is just talk until it actually does. And even then, depending on when it comes, it just might be an all new platform.
Unfortunately, there are not a lot of "safe" options in that price range. Owning a Polo GT for 7 years now, I can live with anything the standard of VAG after sales, but cannot compromise on safety and that's what puts me in this spot with a touch choice.

I agree, Jeep overall appeals to my mind too.
Old 21st April 2023, 12:07   #192

Looks Like KUN Skoda (Chennai) have a couple of Slavia and Kushaq for Sale. (Demo cars).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks