Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 17:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

It seems, problem is not with the product, it's with the name. What if it was called S2 or S-square, or something like that. Guys, if they are not giving anything out of the earth then they are also not charging you whole earth. It is priced lower then V. If the previous S model was excepted so well then why so much fuss about this. I am a big anti Civic person, but I always appriciate Hondas VFM stand. I totally agree that the SPORT lable is not justified for this model, but this model fulfills wishs of many people who wanted Civic at VFM.
Old 12th August 2008, 17:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
It is priced lower then V.
Not in Kolkata at least. It's pricier than the V manual.

1.8V MT - 12.33
1.8 Sport - 12.5
1.8V AT - 13.03

Prices from Honda site.
Old 12th August 2008, 17:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Not in Kolkata at least. It's pricier than the V manual.

1.8V MT - 12.33
1.8 Sport - 12.5
1.8V AT - 13.03

Prices from Honda site.
Opps.. It is. I take my words back. Trusted dealer words blindly. Now I understand why Honda is getting so much bashing.

EDIT: Ok, the price on site is including the additional sport kit. See the ** on site. Without the kit it is lower then V. I don't know if the kit is optional. and which one makes more VFM.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 12th August 2008 at 18:04.
Old 12th August 2008, 21:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Opps.. It is. I take my words back. Trusted dealer words blindly. Now I understand why Honda is getting so much bashing.

EDIT: Ok, the price on site is including the additional sport kit. See the ** on site. Without the kit it is lower then V. I don't know if the kit is optional. and which one makes more VFM.
I would rather buy the 1.8v MT and get the kit on it. It will cost just 20-30k extra which I feel is VFM over the S considering that I am getting leather seats and other goodies which the S doesn't have.
Old 12th August 2008, 23:09   #50
BHPian

I dont understand why you guys are making a big deal about this and bashing Honda and Ford saying that its nothing more than just a cosmetic ""Sports"" badge.

Yes it a cosmetic upgrade.

Dont forget Mitsubishi cedia also came with this same sports badge. It was nothing more than the normal cedia with a Spoiler, skirting and leather seats.

cheers:
Old 12th August 2008, 23:19   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
probably with the left over stock of the civic s.
You are probably very right there.
Old 12th August 2008, 23:27   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
I dont understand why you guys are making a big deal about this and bashing Honda and Ford saying that its nothing more than just a cosmetic ""Sports"" badge.

Dont forget Mitsubishi cedia also came with this same sports badge. It was nothing more than the normal cedia with a Spoiler, skirting and leather seats.
It is very difficult for the Civic to identify itself with the sports tag - and that is what it is. It is not so with the Mitsubishi. BTW, Cedia sports has not just spoiler and skirting - it has different body with extended bumpers, door handles, grill, head lamps and tail lamps, antenna etc. on the exterior. And the interior is also different. Compared to this the Civic sport is an eyewash.
Old 12th August 2008, 23:36   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

cheers:
but it wasnt launched as a limited edition and the body kit on it actually showed. also the interiors were different and actually sporty.
Old 12th August 2008, 23:45   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

cheers:
You're right. There never has been a true sports edition - with upgraded engine etc in India except the Octavia RS and Palio 1.6. Unless some manufacturer decides to trailblaze that concept regularly we never will.

Maruti would actually be the best positioned to do that - they have everything they need. A 1.6 M series from the SX4 into the Swift.

Last edited by theMAG : 12th August 2008 at 23:59.
Old 14th August 2008, 12:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I hope not, 150 bhp from a turbo 1.8 isnt impressive at all especially when the NA Honda 1.8 in the Civic makes 135 bhp! Besides its too expensive for an Octavia.

Maybe so, but it still appeals to those who want/ed a SPORTY car with good build, decent performance, all bells & whistles.

Whereas Honda has offered nothing compared to the RS in terms of improved power over the stock car. The RS came as a FULLY loaded car, better alloys, sunroof, projector headlights etc etc., whereas the Civic has come with an excuse for a Sporty car.

They could have offered it with a Turbocharger. Better suspension / brakes, larger sized alloys. That is when they could have said "SPORT", atleast that would justify the badge !!

Cheers
Old 14th August 2008, 12:51   #56
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I hope not, 150 bhp from a turbo 1.8 isnt impressive at all especially when the NA Honda 1.8 in the Civic makes 135 bhp! Besides its too expensive for an Octavia.
IMHO, the 135 bhp civic can in no way be compared to the Octy VRS. The way the power comes is very different.

All this apart from the larger wheels and tyres,nice (though difficult to clean) leather combination seats etc etc.
Old 14th August 2008, 13:35   #57
BHPian

Considering Civic has GC issues, why would anybody want an underbody kit. You are sure to scrape it everywhere you go, considerign there are no raods in most parts of the country after the rains.

Though must add - people will still buy it. It's a Honda!
Old 14th August 2008, 15:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

In anticipation of Altis and the new Honda City, their sales might have crashed or they already senced that and took out the city sport limited addition. They will certainly be successful in selling 1000 cars. I think after that we will see them offering real changes or a facelift of Civic. May be 6 to 10 months. By that time their new car (NNHC or whatever they call it) would be spinning their registers.
Old 14th August 2008, 21:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the 135 bhp civic can in no way be compared to the Octy VRS. The way the power comes is very different.

How VERY true !! This comparison is valid for those who have driven the 2 , not seen figures on paper alone !!!!

Cheerzzzzzz

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 14th August 2008 at 21:40.
Old 14th August 2008, 21:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Considering Civic has GC issues, why would anybody want an underbody kit. You are sure to scrape it everywhere you go, considerign there are no raods in most parts of the country after the rains.

Though must add - people will still buy it. It's a Honda!
Fully agree - the underbody will scrape and the spolier is out of place on the civic. But people still buy Honda because it is Honda!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks