Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 15:14   #91
BHPian

The key word in sec 190 (2) of the Motor Vehicles Act seems to be "pollution".

"(2) Any person who drives or causes or allows to be driven, in any public place a motor vehicle, which violates the standards prescribed in relation to road safety, control of noise and air-pollution,' shall be punishable for the first offence with a fine of one thousand rupees and for any second or subsequent offence with a fine of two thousand rupees."

That being the case, we need to first know what the prescribed levels of noise pollution are for cars. I am sure there would not be a law that allows people to speak in a car and define music as noise at any volume whatsoever.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:48   #92
BHPian

The key word in sec 190 (2) of the Motor Vehicles Act seems to be "pollution".

relation to road safety,
control of noise and air-pollution

I guess in that case all the Government buses will have to be taken off the road as it violates all the above nutty drivers, noise and air pollution.

Same goes for the so called new "Ape" autos they are so loud most factory fitted horns are useless when you are near one of them.

Hope they do not ban FFE
Old 27th August 2008, 15:54   #93
BHPian

Loud FFE's are illegal. But in the case of music, what the mumbai police are saying does seem to go against what the law has put down. I have thought about this for quite some time now, and it does not make any sense at all. I can not see how they will enforce this.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:54   #94
BHPian

I fully agree with this ruling. Music is a distraction for most attentive drivers and so listening to music while driving should be banned. On a similar note, I think we are ready for some more change, so here goes.

1. Horn is a distraction so disable the same
2. A/C makes the person too comfortable and lackadaisical, hence should be banned also
3. Too many instruments in front panel are distracting, so loose the tacho, speedo, temp and fuel gauges
4. Co-passengers can sometimes engage in unnecessary conversations which are an equal source of distraction, so lose them
5. Too many gear changes affect driving patterns and inclination to speed, so only 2 gears allowed. 1 forward and 1 reverse.
6. Colors are a distration too, so cars should henceforth come uncolored.

So, problem solved. We have our final product ready for launch. Nano had better watch out now.
Attached Images

Old 27th August 2008, 19:41   #95
Senior - BHPian

HA hA That was indeed funny. One addition-
Car headlights are a distraction too so no headlights should be there and cars should be allowed to be driven only in day time
Old 27th August 2008, 20:44   #96
BHPian

these cops just need a reason to make money. It's the same as the other thread, kerela govt wanted to ban music systems in cars.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:59   #97
BANNED

Its a waste of time, money and energy by the cops. They'll do it for 15days and then drop the whole thing.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

Is talking to your girlfriend/wife while driving allowed in Bombay? Baywatching on Marine Drive of course is even more dangerous. What does the police think about it?
Old 27th August 2008, 21:04   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
Its a waste of time, money and energy by the cops. They'll do it for 15days and then drop the whole thing.
I totally agree with you on this,Car Audio in India is a very big Industry every year we have audio system's import worth more than crores,so many guys are linked/ involved in car audio industry,this is a fast growing thingy in Asia and in solid demand.Now India have started getting some advanced serious car audio products with quality to perfection.1000s of labour installers working in this industry who will feed them..our Legal Government Beggar's "Police"???
Old 27th August 2008, 21:08   #100
BHPian

ACCORDING TO LATEST REPORTS: The proposal for ban on music in cars has been revoked by the Mumbai Traffic Department.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:18   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
ACCORDING TO LATEST REPORTS: The proposal for ban on music in cars has been revoked by the Mumbai Traffic Department.
I thought it would take 15days but this is quicker than i thought. 2 post after.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:27   #102
Senior - BHPian

first tell them to solve the traffic congestion in cities. if we reach our destination on time, we can think of switching off the player. dont expect us to count stars or think astrology when we are stuck in a jam and heading nowhere.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

This could have been resolved by making air horns mandatory for all vehicles. Best of both worlds..

No one would then complain that horns aren't audible.
Old 28th August 2008, 01:10   #104
F50
Senior - BHPian

Why should Policemen have all the fun?

Today I decided to do a sudden checking on Policemen.

Checking 1 - Churchgate
2 RTO constables crossing the road, a friend (also tbhp member) and me decided to follow them. After crossing the roads we asked him.
"Aaho kaka, hey paper madhe aale aahe ki musik gaadi madhe lavaycha nahi? Asa aaahe ka? we asked.
(Uncle, today's paper are mentioning about total ban on playing music in the car, is it so?)
After looking here and there, "Loud nahi lavaycha, halu chalel" he replied.
(It shouldnt be loud, soft will do)
"Manje, kacha var karun halu lavla tar chalel? Tumala order aale aahet ka, ki je pann music gaadi madhe lavnaar tyala fine maaraycha?" I asked.
(So, playing soft music with windows rolled will do? Any particular orders to catch anyone who plays music in the car?)
"Bagha aamala kahi mahit nahi hajun kaahi sangitla nahi" he replied.
(We dont know anything about this rule)

So none of them had idea about this rule and fine thing.

Tomorrow, I shall question the policemen of the suburbs.
Old 28th August 2008, 09:11   #105
BHPian

Today's times has covered the issue. Now cops says they are not against music, they are only against loud music in certain areas. Page 2 covers the article on this as well.

So looks like, thats a sudden U turn for orders...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks