Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:13   #3646
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Now, with the latest hike, the delta has increased to Rs.15.23. I just hope we don't go back to the old situation.
I for one feel this difference will always be there, albeit a little less than Rs.15. I was of the opinion that there would be a difference of around Rs8-10 between the two fuels, but from the looks of it, it may always be in double digits.

Even at Shell, the difference between the two are around 13.xx, and shell diesel is market priced.
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:45   #3647
BANNED

Today Brent dropped below $112 and rupee below 60. Some hope. I expect the diesel petrol mismatch to be about Rs.10 when subsidies are done.
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:25   #3648
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Today Brent dropped below $112 and rupee below 60. Some hope. I expect the diesel petrol mismatch to be about Rs.10 when subsidies are done.
Now Brent is under $111, so some real hope. I hear ISIS has allowed two Iraq ports to resume. By the looks of it (Gold dropping, US Bond yields improving) Iraq is being increasingly discounted.
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:36   #3649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Every time I visit Goa, I'm dumbstruck as to how forward thinking the government there is! It's a full Rs 20 lower than neighboring Karnataka & on par with Diesel.

But then again, Goa has IITian Parrikar while we have Siddu.
Hmm.. Every time I visit Gujarat I wonder why Modi could never do in Gujarat what Goa BJP Govt did with petrol price.. was because of his education!
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:36   #3650
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Hmm.. Every time I visit Gujarat I wonder why Modi could never do in Gujarat what Goa BJP Govt did with petrol price.. was because of his education!
I have not stopped laughing even after 5 minutes.

On a serious note, government has to fix the tax per litre as a fixed amount and not as a percentage.
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:17   #3651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I have not stopped laughing even after 5 minutes.

On a serious note, government has to fix the tax per litre as a fixed amount and not as a percentage.
We have only 3% of our population paying income taxes. GST & DTC that can bring tax efficiency are seriously delayed.

Revenue from Fuel taxes & royalties are a very big part of our Central & State income budget, its unlikely any Govt will let them go no matter what they say in opposition.

Goa should not have forgone petrol tax just for a gimmick, its this kind of behavior that makes it harder to bring Fuel under GST.
Old 4th July 2014, 08:29   #3652
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
1.Heck, even Aircraft Turbine Fuel is cheaper than Petrol! (Petrol is 80.40 per liter vs Rs 70 per liter for ATF)
2.But then again, Goa has IITian Parrikar while we have Siddu.
1. ATF is a high sounding name for Kerosene. In fact I consider as the bellwether for petroleum pricing (no politics here).

2. I am myself one (+37 years service in one) but am not too sure, Ajit Singh, Kejriwal, Bharti, Jairam Ramesh also happen to be ex-IITians. In fact the last is ex-IITB as is Parrikar!
Old 10th July 2014, 21:37   #3653
BHPian

The branded/premium petrol has become cheaper.

NEW DELHI: Price of branded or premium petrol was on Thursday cut by over Rs 5 per litre after finance minister Arun Jaitley slashed excise duty on the fuel.

Central excise duty on Branded Petrol was cut from Rs 7.50 per litre to Rs 2.35 per litre.

Branded petrol, which contains special performance enhancing additives, attracted higher duties than normal petrol.

The differential excise duty led to huge difference in price of normal and branded fuel, resulting in sales of the premium version dropping to almost nil.

The removal of excise duty would bring the two fuel at par.

BPCL's premium branded petrol - Speed - costs Rs 83.03 in Delhi while normal petrol is priced at Rs 73.55 a litre.

Source - TOI
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 11:32   #3654
BANNED

As per Arving Mayaram the Laxman Rekha for Diesel deregulation is $110 (Brent) and Rs.60 per dollar. In fact $108-112 was acceptable. So when???
Old 16th July 2014, 09:02   #3655
BANNED

Price of bulk Diesel has been cut at midnight by Rs.1.09. Now the of bulk Diesel in Delhi is 59.32 while subsidized Diesel is 57.84 a difference of under Rs.1.50. One more 0.50 increase and we are under the rupee differential mark, where deregulation is surely on the cards.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 10:28   #3656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Price of bulk Diesel has been cut at midnight by Rs.1.09. Now the of bulk Diesel in Delhi is 59.32 while subsidized Diesel is 57.84 a difference of under Rs.1.50. One more 0.50 increase and we are under the rupee differential mark, where deregulation is surely on the cards.
Sir, any idea on why the petrol prices were not reduced.
Old 16th July 2014, 10:35   #3657
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the of bulk Diesel in Delhi is 59.32 while subsidized Diesel is 57.84 a difference of under Rs.1.50. One more 0.50 increase and we are under the rupee differential mark, where deregulation is surely on the cards.
That's certainly good news!

The question remains, still. Will the government have the political will to implement full deregulation once and for all? Or will petrol users still have to silently bear an unjust extra burden (in order to compensate for the vocal lobbies who don't want to pay market price for their fuel), whenever the price of crude shoots up (or rupee goes down) uncomfortably and/or in times of an international oil crisis?

The politics of appeasement is a big issue when it comes to the economy, but no one talks about it. Vocal lobbies threatening to cause disruption (if their demands are not met) are always appeased, in order to keep them quiet. This results in an unfair and unjust burden being thrust on everyone else.

With a drought like situation in many parts, the vocal lobbies have got the reason they were looking for. If there is a case for diesel subsidy to farmers (as there surely is in times of distress), then it should be given to them by other means. The same is applicable for cooking fuels, for those who need it.

Last edited by RSR : 16th July 2014 at 10:37.
Old 16th July 2014, 12:25   #3658
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Sir, any idea on why the petrol prices were not reduced.
Read the post again, it is Bulk and not Retail. Wait Petrol should be round the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The question remains, still. Will the government have the political will to implement full deregulation once and for all?
They will have to. This is low hanging fruit, what happens in Kerosene and LPG only time will tell. I expect action once MH elections are out of the way.

Remember bank interests have started showing a softening trend. Good for investment and industry. But as the RBI cuts rates the rupee will weaken, I hope by not a lot.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 14:21   #3659
BHPian

Crude price have been gone below $100 mark. So it's time to expect some good news.

Source:- Economic Times
Old 16th July 2014, 17:30   #3660
BHPian

Quote:
Petrol should be round the corner.
Shouldn't the OMCs have reduced the price of petrol by yesterday (15th) since the crude price has significantly dropped after the last increase 15 days back. They are so fast to increase it but i see a reluctance to decrease it. Hope they do it today. I expect atleast a 2 Rs reduction before taxes
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks