Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2014, 08:09   #3766
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks to the above, after a very long time the petrol prices have come down less than Rs 80. As of now the fuel prices in Thane are as below:
Petrol: 79.12/-
Diesel: 68.02/-

This was based on refuelling at the recently restarted IOC petrol pump near Tatvagyan Vidyapith on Ghodbunder Road.
I was always under the impression that petrol price is the highest in Bangalore. Surprised to see higher prices in MH.
Old 30th August 2014, 09:44   #3767
BANNED

Seems the diesel under recovery is now only 10p. So maybe decontrol now!!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/41223555.cms
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 18:57   #3768
BHPian

Petrol prices cut by Rs. 1.82/ litre
profit.ndtv.com/news/economy/article-petrol-price-cut-by-rs-litre-641477?utm_source=ndtv&utm_medium=top-stories-widget&utm_campaign=story-1

Last edited by shahbaz.k : 30th August 2014 at 19:02.
shahbaz.k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 20:06   #3769
BHPian

Diesel prices have been raised by 50 ps. As per sgiitk sir's comment, the under recovery is only 10 ps and the diesel price is raised by 50 ps, so is the diesel price more than the market price?
Old 30th August 2014, 20:14   #3770
Senior - BHPian

With the petrol price cut now its less than 10rs difference between diesel and petrol

So can we safely say day of the diesels is over ?

People will think 100 times before spending extra 1.5 lakh on a diesel now

On the other hand, its time we get low sulphur diesel
Old 30th August 2014, 22:00   #3771
Distinguished - BHPian

So effectively now government is overcharging us for the Diesel? Can we atleast expect this monthly price hike to stop for a while now? I have a feeling that the government will as usual keep on wanting to milk this new cash cow since no section of the society is making any noise about the price hike anymore.
Old 31st August 2014, 10:45   #3772
BANNED

As per the Hindu the under-recovery is near zero, as open market and subsidized cost the same. The article was four dys ago

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle6354249.ece
Old 31st August 2014, 11:10   #3773
BHPian

With the recent change in the fuel prices, the difference between the Petrol/Diesel is close to Rs. 5/- with diesel being more expensive. Considering the general higher efficiency of a diesel vehicle, the running cost is almost the same.
Old 31st August 2014, 12:16   #3774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
With the recent change in the fuel prices, the difference between the Petrol/Diesel is close to Rs. 5/- with diesel being more expensive. Considering the general higher efficiency of a diesel vehicle, the running cost is almost the same.
But that is specific only to Goa. Everywhere else Diesel still remains almost 10-12 Rs cheaper. But yes with this constant price hike all those of us who were opting for Diesel cars with a running of 1000 kms per month will now be more inclined towards petrol variants. People running around 2000 kms per month will still find a lot of merit in buying diesel I guess.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 16:07   #3775
BHPian

Filled Petrol for 1000 Rupees today at HP Station (Bangalore, Koramangala, Opposite Maharaja Hotel). Got around 13.3 Liters. The meter showed 75.16 Rs/L
kp1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 16:50   #3776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Diesel prices have been raised by 50 ps. As per sgiitk sir's comment, the under recovery is only 10 ps and the diesel price is raised by 50 ps, so is the diesel price more than the market price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So effectively now government is overcharging us for the Diesel? Can we atleast expect this monthly price hike to stop for a while now? I have a feeling that the government will as usual keep on wanting to milk this new cash cow since no section of the society is making any noise about the price hike anymore.
No, there is no overcharging I think, saw in news yesterday 10p gap is after this hike.
Hopefully these monthly hikes should stop now & full decontrol gets implemented.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 11:40   #3777
Senior - BHPian

Sometime ago, in a vernacular daily, I read that this Govt. is relaxing petrol prices because suddenly they have realised that bulk of "aam admi" / janata rides two-wheelers which run on petrol ( read vote bank ). And they have also come to form an opinion that diesel is a luxury fuel guzzled by rich men's humongous SUVs. Is that what is happening? But I'm very happy as both my cars right now are petrol.

Last edited by pgsagar : 1st September 2014 at 11:42.
Old 1st September 2014, 11:49   #3778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
With the petrol price cut now its less than 10rs difference between diesel and petrol

So can we safely say day of the diesels is over ?

People will think 100 times before spending extra 1.5 lakh on a diesel now

On the other hand, its time we get low sulphur diesel
Next big investment is nearly a lakh crores for upgrading all refineries to to Euro-5, this will require a price increase of 10+ Rs for both Diesel & Petrol beyond current prices based on current Brent levels. Last Govt had targeted this to be done by 2021

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...ies-choke.html

Last edited by gsurya : 1st September 2014 at 11:59.
Old 1st September 2014, 12:05   #3779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Next big investment is nearly a lakh crores for upgrading all refineries to to Euro-5, this will require a price increase of 10+ Rs for both Diesel & Petrol beyond current prices based on current Brent levels. Last Govt had targeted this to be done by 2021

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...ies-choke.html
So, they are going to take that money from us? If price is hiked by Rs. 10+ then we are back in the 85+ range/ liter. Bad times ahead.
Old 1st September 2014, 12:14   #3780
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Sometime ago, in a vernacular daily, I read that this Govt. is relaxing petrol prices because suddenly they have realised that bulk of "aam admi" / janata rides two-wheelers which run on petrol ( read vote bank ). And they have also come to form an opinion that diesel is a luxury fuel guzzled by rich men's humongous SUVs. Is that what is happening? But I'm very happy as both my cars right now are petrol.
Yes, up to certain extent, it is true. 90% of cars used for long distances are now diesel. Diesel is used by telecom companies and other companies for backup power. Only way diesel effect common people is where its used for transportation and for agriculture use. I think diesel price hike should continue for Rs.5 more and then government should decontrol diesel prices. Government should also slowly start waving subsidy from LPG cylinder and Kerosene. No free lunch. In turn, government should use this money on infrastructure development and to reduce corporate taxes and also make it easy for small entrepreneurs to do business in India by reducing compliance burden and by way of promoting export oriented units.

India don't need subsidies, India needs Jobs and Infrastructure.

Last edited by Max : 1st September 2014 at 12:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks