Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2015, 00:15   #5026
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Hi everybody.
Here is a link from today's (11/9/15) DNA. Please click on the image view to see the table.
"Globally, petrol is most unaffordable in India"
http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.asp...009&ed_page=13
Regards
PS: I am technologically challenged so cannot copy and paste the table. If somebody can, please do so. Thanks
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 00:38   #5027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Here is a link from today's (11/9/15) DNA. Please click on the image view to see the table.
"Globally, petrol is most unaffordable in India"
http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.asp...009&ed_page=13
Regards
PS: I am technologically challenged so cannot copy and paste the table. If somebody can, please do so. Thanks
Thanks for report. I have uploaded the data.
Source :
http://epaper.dnaindia.com/epapermai...date=2015-9-11
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-11092015mdmain131.jpg  

ritz3645 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 12:08   #5028
BHPian

This is more of a statistical phenomenon: the affordability factor of petrol in India. When you consider the still abysmal per capita income in India any such statistic will look grim. What percentage of our population even forms the purchase base for petroleum in India? And many are two wheeler owners for whom the consumption is paltry compared to car owners.

That said, the gubberment can still do its bit by reducing taxes and duties.
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 15:30   #5029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Once question I have. Diesel prices have significantly reduced from what they were a few months back. When the diesel prices were climbing, the taxi operators increased tariffs. Now when the diesel prices have gone down the taxi tariff seem to be the same. They did not come down. So how does this work for the end customer renting cabs? Or is it that it is very difficult to change tariffs every so often, so the benefit is always passed on to the cab operators?
So true. Everyone (including govt transport companies, private bus operators, share autos, taxi operators) increased their rates when diesel prices got increased last year. Now that the prices are down almost by 20 rupees (66-something in Sep 2014 to 48-something in Sep 2015), this benefit has not been passed on to consumers. Looks like it'd have been better had they not "decontrolled" Diesel prices.
vikred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:47   #5030
Senior - BHPian

We should have elections throughout the year

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48984227.cms
Old 16th September 2015, 15:08   #5031
Senior - BHPian

Strange to see Diesel rates being spiked so hard in the proposed hikes in comparison to petrol. The brent crude prices are almost stable for the past fortnight and even the rupee to dollar price so where the question of Indian basket price hardening arises. This is just publicity stunt to just show that mango people that the govt has given the citizens some breather by not allowing the price hike. Is this de regulation? What is the link between the Oil Companies and elections?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:45   #5032
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
We should have elections throughout the year

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48984227.cms
Due to the ode of conduct no pregress can be made whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Strange to see Diesel rates being spiked so hard in the proposed hikes in comparison to petrol.
There is a bit of confusion here. Uttarakhand has hiked taxes on both Petrol and Diesel pretty drastically. That is not the OMC hike!
Old 17th September 2015, 22:54   #5033
Senior - BHPian

This post isn't about crude oil price, but discount on fuel price. IOC COCO near BTM Water Tank Bangalore on account of Ganesh Chaturthi, is offering Rs 100 worth of fuel extra on purchase of fuel for Rs 1000. So in effect buy for Rs 1100 and pay only Rs 1000. I was told this offer is till this Sunday.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 08:34   #5034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This post isn't about crude oil price, but discount on fuel price. IOC COCO near BTM Water Tank Bangalore on account of Ganesh Chaturthi, is offering Rs 100 worth of fuel extra on purchase of fuel for Rs 1000. So in effect buy for Rs 1100 and pay only Rs 1000. I was told this offer is till this Sunday.
How can this be possible? Is it legal to do so?
Old 18th September 2015, 09:09   #5035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
How can this be possible? Is it legal to do so?
Its definitely not illegal, its only a promotion. IOC pumps give regular offers, for example magazines, water bottles, biscuit packets etc. The best was for Pongal when they gave a complete kit which contained all the necessary ingredients to make sweet pongal including Cashews, Ghee, Dhal, rice, jaggery and all. It would have cost a minimum of 150.
Old 18th September 2015, 12:34   #5036
Senior - BHPian

I've seen bunks owned by SLOAs ( State Lorry Owners Associations ) giving discounts of up to 40p on diesel on the highways in TN. I don't think there's anything illegal about it.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 18th September 2015 at 12:37.
Old 18th September 2015, 13:07   #5037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Its definitely not illegal, its only a promotion. IOC pumps give regular offers, for example magazines, water bottles, biscuit packets etc. The best was for Pongal when they gave a complete kit which contained all the necessary ingredients to make sweet pongal including Cashews, Ghee, Dhal, rice, jaggery and all. It would have cost a minimum of 150.
Giving such freebies is not rare. But if they give excess fuel for the money paid, then it indirectly means that they are selling fuel for less than what the prescribed rate is. That was why I wondered how they can give such a kind of an offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I've seen bunks owned by SLOAs ( State Lorry Owners Associations ) giving discounts of up to 40p on diesel on the highways in TN. I don't think there's anything illegal about it.
I had never come across such an instance till now. All the while I was of the belief that fuel must be sold at the rate fixed by the company and the local taxes. The only differential pricing I had come across was due to variation in the taxes across different region and locations.
Old 18th September 2015, 13:22   #5038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Giving such freebies is not rare. But if they give excess fuel for the money paid, then it indirectly means that they are selling fuel for less than what the prescribed rate is. That was why I wondered how they can give such a kind of an offer.
Not necessarily its how you look at it for you have paid the price as per government rules, its up to the vendors to give additional promotions which can be in any form. I have a Citibank IOC card and get reward points for every fill that I make. In a year I get free fuel for Rs 3000. Both IOC and Citibank are sharing the costs here as a promotion.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2015 at 10:32. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 30th September 2015, 14:40   #5039
JD1
BHPian

So what's the verdict going to be today? I believe crude price and $ was less volatile in last couple of weeks.
Saw a ticker in NDTV that Maharashtra government is introducing "drought tax" - 5% tax on petrol and other commodities that are not considered as essential - all the soft targets. So expect petrol prices to rise in MH !!

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2015 at 10:33. Reason: Rule #11
Old 30th September 2015, 14:45   #5040
BHPian

I heard that fuel price revision is on hold due to elections in Bihar. By all counts, fuel prices should have been hiked on 15th Sept, but did not happen. I doubt if there will be any revision today as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks