Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2008, 11:58   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seriously speaking, I'm getting increasingly jealous of CRDi, DDiS, TDCi, TCDi badges!
Chalo, ill debadge my car for you And you forgot D4D

Quote:
Just wondering how much this would come up to when added for the 100 crore people
How do you think Politicians are having such a luxurious lifestyle?
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:06   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Chalo, ill debadge my car for you
Exactly the first person to come to my mind when i said that!
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:07   #333
BHPian

They might settle for Rs 2 hike at the end. And that was a good joke about IT salaries jumping 20-30% every year.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:10   #334
BANNED

This was inevitable. I am surprised they held off so long. Only, Diesel should have been hiked the same (or even more) than petrol. All price distortions must be removed sooner or later.

What about hiking Kerosene (less adulteration) and LPG?
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:12   #335
BHPian

They will propose a hike of 5 Rs for petrol and 3 Rs for Diesel and they reduce 1 Re for both after "consulting" the coalition parties. Diesel consumers get less beating since diesel is considered to be used by farmers and public transport.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:15   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What about hiking Kerosene (less adulteration) and LPG?
I heard there is a proposal to put more burden on Tax payer for LPG. If the proposal is approved by govt, then ALL tax payers will end up paying Rs207 extra for the LPG we buy now. Govt will stop providing the subsidy for tax payers and provide subsidy ONLY to below poverty line people...

I am "proud" that my country is the ONLY country [AFAIK] that punishes the tax payers more & more...
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:27   #337
BHPian

The news says proposing not decided to hike the fuel price.

So, for all the cribbing about fuel increase we have opposition party who for some vote bank will take out procession traffic jams and more pinching of wasting fuel on streets.

Bandh by distributors causing scarcity of vegetables and commodities. Inflation will rise the prices will rise raising more LOSSES.

Then after all this hue n cry the fuel price which would have been raised by 4 will be then corrected to 2 or 2.5.

BUT the other things will not reduce in short TOTAL LOSS>......
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:29   #338
Senior - BHPian

ouch! that is gonna hurt me badly. I travel for about 90 kms a day in my petrol zen and this move is going to make me rethink about my mode of transport. Back to Railways! or Mr. TATA, gaddi jaldi launch karo as your's is the only new car that fits in my budget assuming that its diesel
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:38   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
But the IT guys can't complain, aren't IT salaries jumping by 20-30% every year?

Come to think of it, you havent given me any Birthday/Christmas/NY gifts. Its still not too late
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:52   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
[b]
Petrol is being sold at a loss of Rs 8.74 a litre, diesel at Rs 9.92 per litre, kerosene Rs 20.53 a litre and LPG at a loss of Rs 256.35 per cylinder.
Yeah Right!!!!! If they are selling it at a loss how come ministers have a luxury life and crore's of money in their bank and as property assets.

And why do i see Govt cars, Police gypsy's and other govt vehicles roaming around behind each other in circles in 2nd gear in the evening ?? just to show the petrol bills.

I travel around 50+ KM daily on an average monthly and sometimes 200km+ a day. I need a METRO!!!
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:03   #341
BHPian

to think of it, I dont mind paying 207 extra for LPG, and 5 more for petrol. but provided
1. govt should stop saying things like, "We are shouldering the cost of subsidy". Its actually the money they take from us in the name of VAT/service tax/income tax.
2. The taxes should come down to the level, so that thes withdrawls of subsidies does not impact us on yr to yr basis.
3. Govt starts publishing its spendings, including salaries,perks,department wise expense (basically each and every penny of it). Since they are "public servents" and surviving on public money, public have right to know how is there money being spent.

I hope chitambram does not stop reading this post after 1 line itself

Regards,
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:10   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
3. Govt starts publishing its spendings, including salaries,perks,department wise expense (basically each and every penny of it). Since they are "public servents" and surviving on public money, public have right to know how is there money being spent.
Hope the Right of Information Act can help on this...
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:16   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

I was expecting this from the last 6 months. Every other day the government used to give indications of the losses the petrol companies are making. Anyways Rs.2 aint going to pinch a big hole in my pocket
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:18   #344
Senior - BHPian

yayayayaya..i already feel happy for not buying the esteem.DDIS badge is the only thing that is going to keep me happy.
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:19   #345
BHPian

we all know the bitter truth about our tax system. most of the tax collected goes into the pockets/lifestyles/securities of politicians/mlas.

they do deserve this, afterall they have worked hard getting there positions.

Each plolitician is a curse to our nation. (with few exceptions--may be!!)

sorry for going offtopic here .. but even after paying all our taxes what do we get in return!! electricity cuts! max 2-3hrs water supply! poor roads/traffic! horrible education system! no security!

But i am sure nothing can be done to correct this, and we all have to continue fillings pockets of our so called leaders who are leading us to HELL..

mods, pls remove this post if not appropiate and i request to start a post (if possible) under some other forum to carry on the discussion on this topic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks