Old 22nd May 2008, 19:34   #436
BHPian

Rs 51.17 / Litre
Pune Maharashtra
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:22   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
states with poor economy depend upon taxes collected from oil to keep their heads above water.
Like Karnataka and Maharashtra?
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:41   #438
Senior - BHPian

yes, their internal revenue generation is poor as compared to other states with lower fuel prices.

MH has the highest debt-ratio compared to other states of India .. it is indebted in excess of Rs. 90,000 crore two years ago. Please do not ask me for a break down of this debt, I am not aware of details.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:01   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
hey i had recieved an email saying the price of petrol in pakistan was 14 rs or so a litre.thats too expensive a fuel in india.lol.ram
Its a fake info Ram, As per Pakistan Times in 2005 petrol price was Rs.45.53 per litre and pak govt increased it to Rs 50.58 per litre

Pakistan Times | Top Story: 'Raised oil prices burden to stay in Pakistan'

AS per this thread it is 53.86 / ltr PakWheels.com : Fuel Prices In Pakistan (AutoMobile News...)
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:47   #440
BHPian

Rs 33.01 for Xtramile Diesel in Delhi.
Old 23rd May 2008, 19:07   #441
HKP
BHPian

Concern All over the world...

Hi

I have recently moved to US and here the Gas prices have touched $4 per gallon now and is still increasing. It was around $2 in 2005. Thease guys don't have much public transport and have to take their car out for everything. People are going crazy and concerened and ride sharing is encouraged by companies. I heard some guys talking in one TV interview that they have stopped having coffee outside because of GAS price increase!! I don't understand why they cant just walk to the coffee shop which is quite nearby by Indian standards!! Life in US is sure to change because of this increase.

I have grown up in Kannur (kerala) which is very near to MAHE (Satellite city part of Pondi). We all used to drive to Mahe to fill full tank and come back every now and then, the price difference is still worth it go to there.

And then back in bangalore, I had to pay the highest price for Petrol in India for reasons known only to Govt.
Old 23rd May 2008, 23:23   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Mods: Pls move this topic to relevant group if required

Why cant we have a single price for auto fuels across the country?
For example a pack of Gold Flake Kings cost Rs.38.00 whether you buy it kashmir or kanyakumari... right.
I dont understand how the GOVT can charge 40% of the petrol price as various taxes.
We in bangalore pay the highest for a litre of petrol & diesel

the petrol prices across the nation are:
Prices in Metros
Delhi 43.52
Kolkata 46.86
Mumbai 48.38
Chennai 47.44

Petrol Prices Across State Capitals
North
Chandigarh 44.08
Dehradun 44.53
Jaipur 46.45
Lucknow 46.37
Shimla 45.65
Srinagar 46.11
Jammu 44.77

East
Agartala 42.92
Aizwal 42.66
Bhubhaneswar 44.53
Gangtok 45.64
Guw ahati 45.48
Imphal 42.13
Itanagar 42.93
Kohima 43.28
Patna 46.45
Portblair 37.82 - cheapest in India
Ranchi 43.94
Shillong 43.17

West
Ahmedabad 47.74
Bhopal 46.95
Panjim 44.33
Raipur 44.79

South
Bangalore 50.58 - costliest in India
Hyderabad 48.79
Pondicherry 41.70
Trivandrum 46.01

the deisel prices across the nation are:

Prices in Metros
Delhi 30.48
Kolkata 32.87
Mumbai 34.94
Chennai 33.30

Diesel Prices Across State Capitals

North
Chandigarh 30.63
Dehradun 32.67
Jaipur 33.05
Lucknow 33.63
Shimla 31.37
Srinagar 31.94

East
Agartala 30.45
Aizwal 30.26
Bhubhaneswar 33.49
Gangtok 33.23
Guwahati 31.38
Imphal 30.16 - cheapest in India
Itanagar 30.43
Kohima 30.48
Patna 32.96
Port blair 29.20
Ranchi 32.99
Shillong 30.56

West
Ahmedabad 35.21
Bhopal 34.78
Panjim 33.17
Raipur 34.11

South
Bangalore 35.23- costliest in India
Hyderabad 33.80
Pondicherry 31.60
Trivandrum 33.71

All these data has been compiled from Indian Oil website-www.iocl.com
As per this information

A litre of petrol costs highest in Bangalore at Rs.50.58 & costs cheapest in Port Blair(Andaman & Nicobar) at Rs.37.82.

A litre of diesel costs highest in Bangalore at Rs.35.23 & costs cheapest in Port Blair(Andaman & Nicobar) at Rs.29.20.

As none of us could drive down to Port Blair to tank up our cars & bikes, the cheapest petrol/litre on the Indian mainland would be Pondicherry at Rs.41.70
The cheapest diesel/litre on the Indian mainland would be Imphal at Rs.30.16 ( Infact diesel is cheapest in the North-Eastern states, wonder why? )
As a Bangalorean I just cant digest the fact that we in the city pay the highest.
So what I try to do is avoid tanking up in bangalore when travelling out of state. Atleast I say 3-4 rupees/litre.

Vadodara, where IOC refines fuel, cost of normal quality is 49.XXrs/ltr and Xtra Premuim ( I doubt the quality ) Rs 52.XXrs./ltr.
A'bad gets cheaper fuel than Vadodara.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:11   #443
Senior - BHPian

The states that have big bureacracies and a lot of populist schemes have higher taxes and thus costlier fuel. Moreover, in some cities there is added octroi. Thus the high fuel costs.

Our central and state governments are amongst the least efficient and the most corrupt in the world. It is for this reason that although we are taxed heavily the ordinary tax payer is left wondering as to what has it been spent on. With such heavy prices, we need to pay toll for toll roads ( more such on the way) even though there is a cess to finance the roadbuilding activity in the country.

With the UPA government promoting unviable programmes like farm loan waivers, (Cost to the taxpayer Rs 70,000 Cr), the national job guarantee scheme and the subsidised LPG nad Kerosene( Mosly diverted from PDS and used for adulterating fuel) states matching it with their bird brained sops like free electricity to farmers, free televisions and rice a t Rs 2/ KG things are only likely to get worse.

The sectors tha have seen less government interference have done much beter and are comparable to world standards eg IT and Telecom. Reason enough for the govt o confine itself with few core activities like Defence, Law and Order, Education and Health and get the hell out of others. Indians have enough enterprise and will do well if only they are allowed tdo so by the govt.

A bit too much I presume "par yeah dil ki awaaz hai"
Old 24th May 2008, 13:10   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The difference is due to transportation cost and tax difference.
I cant with your logic.
If that is the case why are fuel prices cheaper in North Eastern states.
Old 24th May 2008, 13:23   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
I cant with your logic.
If that is the case why are fuel prices cheaper in North Eastern states.
Well, I guess they are located close to refineries or oilfields. What strikes my mind immediately is Bongaigaon and Digbhoi.
Old 24th May 2008, 15:21   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The states that have big bureacracies and a lot of populist schemes have higher taxes and thus costlier fuel. Moreover, in some cities there is added octroi. Thus the high fuel costs.

Our central and state governments are amongst the least efficient and the most corrupt in the world. It is for this reason that although we are taxed heavily the ordinary tax payer is left wondering as to what has it been spent on. With such heavy prices, we need to pay toll for toll roads ( more such on the way) even though there is a cess to finance the roadbuilding activity in the country.

With the UPA government promoting unviable programmes like farm loan waivers, (Cost to the taxpayer Rs 70,000 Cr), the national job guarantee scheme and the subsidised LPG nad Kerosene( Mosly diverted from PDS and used for adulterating fuel) states matching it with their bird brained sops like free electricity to farmers, free televisions and rice a t Rs 2/ KG things are only likely to get worse.

The sectors tha have seen less government interference have done much beter and are comparable to world standards eg IT and Telecom. Reason enough for the govt o confine itself with few core activities like Defence, Law and Order, Education and Health and get the hell out of others. Indians have enough enterprise and will do well if only they are allowed tdo so by the govt.

A bit too much I presume "par yeah dil ki awaaz hai"
I was just trying to say, what you have said. Its mostly government fault that has resulted into chaos. You have managed to chip in precise opinion that I was trying to do. May be I was busy calculating my expenses if price of petrol go up by 10rs. and diesel by 5rs.

You are spot on for the facts that the central government ( be it anyone ruling ) should focus on what it has to do properly, but all the jobs are not done and they end up putting essays of speeches.
Old 24th May 2008, 19:16   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, I guess they are located close to refineries or oilfields. What strikes my mind immediately is Bongaigaon and Digbhoi.
If that is the case fuel must be cheaper in Mumbai because of oil drilling offshore at Bombay High.
How then would you explain the cheapest petrol & diesel prices in Port Blair (Andaman & Nicobar islands) which is in middle of Bay of Bengal.
Infact by that logic fuel should be costliest at it travels a long distance from the Indian mainland
Old 27th May 2008, 10:37   #448
Senior - BHPian

Petrol may cost Rs 17 more!

Quote:
One of the options being considered is deregulating petrol prices," an official said. "The country's preferred auto fuel diesel will, however, continue to be subsidised even though a marginal Rs 2-3 a litre hike in prices may be announced."
Seems to be better option to stick with Diesel as deregulation will be not be there due to the impact it creates
Old 27th May 2008, 10:41   #449
BANNED

why the hell dont they cut the taxes. not like they are putting it any good use at all. why should we keep paying more and more.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:37   #450
Senior - BHPian

The news I saw this morning made my heart skip a beat. 17 Rs Increase !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks