Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 12:44   #721
BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I agree totally. For 15 more horses and slightly better looks, 4 lacs is too much to ask for.
+1 to that. The Diesel Version seems to be slightly overpriced considering the Linea retails at a lesser price with plethora of features.

High pricing, can it be due to the royalty charged to Maruti from FIAT for the Engine ?
Old 25th February 2011, 12:57   #722
BHPian

Sigh ! the wait continues..Ford bring on the Fiesta quick pls.

Looked @ the car and couldn't fancy myself putting down a million bucks for her. It looks so plain jane and drains all the excitement of buying a 10 lac car. There is nothing wrong with the car though.

Journey continues..Vento ? New Fiesta ? New Verna ?
Old 25th February 2011, 12:59   #723
Senior - BHPian

• dzire ldi: 5,78,721
  • dzire vdi: 6,27,630
  • sx4 vdi: 7,73,999
  • dzire zdi:7,10,873
  • sx4 zdi: 8,61,999
  • sx4 zdi leather: 8,96,088
4 lakhs?

The difference is less than 1.7 lakhs.
SX4 ddis is competitive priced. Prices ex showroom delhi of SX4 and dzire diesel models.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:02   #724
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that
The SX4 seems jaded and is badly in need of a facelift. I dont see how it can compete with the other contenders, the Linea, Vento & City and the newer versions of the Verna and Fiesta especially when it is demanding almost a million bucks
Only a diesel option would not be enough to compete with these newer kids on the block, especially as they come with better trim and features IMHO

Last edited by selfdrive : 25th February 2011 at 13:03.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:05   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I agree totally. For 15 more horses and slightly better looks, 4 lacs is too much to ask for.
That is an apples to oranges comparo! Or is it a comparo at all?

The Dzire is just a hatchback with a badly integrated boot.

The SX4 is a much better and proper midsizer, built on a sedan platform!

And I cant digest the fact that you guys just compare the ex-showroom prices of the base model LDi Dzire to the OTR prices of the SX4 ZDi.

Moreover, the SX4 has a VGT, thereby churning out more power and torque. Sheesh!
Old 25th February 2011, 13:11   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The SX4 is a much better and proper midsizer, built on a sedan platform!
I guess, Suzuki SX4 sedan is based on Fiat Sedici/Suzuku SX4 hatchback platform.(?)

PS: Correct me, if wrong.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:20   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

The Engine is a joke.

6L on a desire vs 10L on a SX4 for the features???
When we all come out of this misconception of Engine capacity & power. Give a test ride of SX4D and see how good the power is.

By the way ZDI desire is 8.5L On road & ZDI SX4 is 10.5L So it is only 2L difference between them.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:26   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I guess, Suzuki SX4 sedan is based on Fiat Sedici/Suzuku SX4 hatchback platform.(?)

PS: Correct me, if wrong.
You are absolutely correct, Amith it is based on the Sedici which is co-developed by FIAT & Suzuki.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:09   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The difference is less than 1.7 lakhs

I take my word back. Most of the cars in its segment with comparatively less feature are priced closed to 8.5L ex-showroom. This includes the fiesta and Linea.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:21   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
You are absolutely correct, Amith. It is based on the Sedici which is co-developed by FIAT & Suzuki.
Thank you for confirming the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Most of the cars in its segment with comparatively less feature are priced closed to 8.5L ex-showroom. This includes the fiesta and Linea.
VW2010, How come you say that Fiat Linea is low on features? In fact,it offers more features than the cars in the competition.

PS: I know this post of mine is OT.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:40   #731
BHPian

I think SX4 is a good safe value proposition and it will find many takers. MSIL should have added few features like the MID atleast. SX4 petrol sold around 2000 units a month and this launch would definitely take it to 5000 units. I wonder if MSIL would be able to cater to the demand.

One thing I found funny about the OMAG test was that Shirish Chandran repeatedly mentioned that it is the Swift engine which goes into the car whereas and has been given a VGT whereas everyone knows that the engine is sourced from Fiat. Further he goes on to say that the car is built on Swift platform?? I thought it was designed as Fiat Sedici/Suzuki SX4 during the brief affair that Fiat and Suzuki had together.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:58   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
One thing I found funny about the OMAG test was that Shirish Chandran repeatedly mentioned that it is the Swift engine which goes into the car whereas and has been given a VGT whereas everyone knows that the engine is sourced from Fiat.
So is the engine manufactured at FIAT's plant in Ranjangaon and not at Maruti's engine plant at Manesar? Why would Maruti want to do that?
Old 25th February 2011, 16:01   #733
Senior - BHPian

SX4 Diesel Ads! I love the FIAT engine!

Old 25th February 2011, 17:25   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
One thing I found funny about the OMAG test was that Shirish Chandran repeatedly mentioned that it is the Swift engine which goes into the car whereas and has been given a VGT whereas everyone knows that the engine is sourced from Fiat. Further he goes on to say that the car is built on Swift platform?? I thought it was designed as Fiat Sedici/Suzuki SX4 during the brief affair that Fiat and Suzuki had together.
Shirish Chandran sometimes talks weird. In this same episode he was explaining that SX4 is very cramped inside, even less spacious than the Vento and 3 people in rear bench is difficult. He forgot the width of Vento (1699) vs. Sx4 (1735mm) and Table Mountain shaped transmisison tunnel of Vento.

Also I have noticed the recommendation he gives to people's queries are sometimes incorrect as even as per generic opinion.

Apologies for goin OT. Lets get back to DSX4
Old 25th February 2011, 17:47   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Shirish Chandran sometimes talks weird. In this same episode he was explaining that SX4 is very cramped inside, even less spacious than the Vento and 3 people in rear bench is difficult. He forgot the width of Vento (1699) vs. Sx4 (1735mm) and Table Mountain shaped transmisison tunnel of Vento.
The external width should not be taken into consideration while determining how spacious (breadth wise) the car is. What matters is the internal width. External width might be increased due to external design like flared wheel arches etc.

The Swift has an external width of 1690 mm whereas the ANHC is 1695 mm. Does that mean both have almost equal space (width) inside? The answer is NO. Internal width of ANHC is 1350 mm, whereas Swift has 1270 mm - a difference of 80 mm vs. just a difference in 5 mm of external width.(Data from Autocar). Same applies to may cars, this is just an example.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks