Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2011, 13:33   #631
BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Pics on Pg 33

Well i'm quite surprised since most of our friends here have been impressed with the power delivery of sx4 diesel. Will a pete's box and some nice filter help in the performance? A 20% increase should be about 105bhp in the vento range. I have driven a swift euro III DDIS and Ritz EIV DDIS and didnt notice much of a power difference though a swift is quicker for sure.

I am going to visit a Maruti dealer now and get the hands on the new super turbo and see if its going to be my next acquisition or else i'll pick up a Used DZire ZDI and install a tuning box.
Old 20th February 2011, 15:37   #632
BHPian

Yes, I think with a tuning box & a good filter, SX4 Diesel should be given a try. In fact my Swift Vdi turned into a different beast with K&N filter & Pete's tuning box installed and I had to change to Hawk Performance disc pads to get some confidence inspiring braking.

The new Swift promises to be quite a rocker in terms of suspension refinement and cosmetic goodies (if MUL brings in a version similar to the one that you can see on sites abroad !!!).
Old 20th February 2011, 15:39   #633
BHPian

I would have loved if MUL had launched the SX4 Diesel that they sell abroad with a bigger, more powerful engine and discs all around !!! Even the present diesel deserves discs on all four even though it has ABS & EBD !!!
Old 20th February 2011, 17:42   #634
Team-BHP Support

SX4 diesel gets a positive review from bsmotoring. Quitest cabin in this category, light clutch, light and smooth gearbox, 0-100 in 14.5 secs. Negatives- More body roll compared to petrol.

" it’s clear that Maruti Suzuki has tried to cover all bases with this car, given the overbearing figure of the all-conquering Honda City looming large over it. The important thing is that it appears to have succeeded in its efforts — let the C-segment games begin anew!"

Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel Review - SX change operation
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-1298100606a3149.jpg

Would be interesting to see if Maruti can take on Honda City sales figures now!

EDIT: bsmotoring says- its the first car in the country to confirm to OBD-2 norms! Anybody has any info, on what this is, and when its going to be implemented?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th February 2011 at 17:52.
Old 20th February 2011, 18:41   #635
BHPian

OBD-II is a system used in automobiles to monitor various components of the vehicle, detect malfunctions, and store the information in the vehicle’s on-board computer to be recovered later by a service technician. OBD-II is an acronym for on-board diagnostics; the “II” denotes the second and most current version of this technology.

-MUKE

Last edited by Eddy : 20th February 2011 at 19:20. Reason: removed formatting tags
Old 20th February 2011, 18:49   #636
BHPian

Went to a Maruti Showroom to check the Sx4 but could not get a test drive, then landed up in a VW showroom and checked Vento.. Both cars have their respective hits and misses . The final shot would be the pricing of the upcoming Maruti.

BS Motoring has given a good idea of the things to come from the new launch and it looks like a new car buyer feast with mouth watering features.

fyi : Vento highline diesel waiting only 1 month , quick a pleasant surprise.
Old 20th February 2011, 19:32   #637
BHPian

^^ are you sure ? I checked with VW Chennai and I was told that there is a 6 month waiting for the Diesel Vento
Old 20th February 2011, 19:54   #638
Senior - BHPian

Looks like SX4 will appeal to the crowd. Maruti's wide service network should help them to convert deals at this segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
^^ are you sure ? I checked with VW Chennai and I was told that there is a 6 month waiting for the Diesel Vento
. Seems things are slightly improving.

But then we should not take these numbers seriously as stories floating about VW's dealer commitment were really bad. Even the last week inquiry from my side has the same answer "Booking were closed temporarily for Vento Diesel".

Last edited by Surprise : 20th February 2011 at 19:57.
Old 21st February 2011, 09:05   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Looks like SX4 will appeal to the crowd. Maruti's wide service network should help them to convert deals at this segment
By the looks of it, you will be posting an ownership review shortly - booked one yet?!!
Old 21st February 2011, 13:13   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
By the looks of it, you will be posting an ownership review shortly - booked one yet?!!

By the looks of it, I will be posting the ownership review !

Booked the SX 4 Diesel on 18th Feb.
The sales guys have promised me the delivery in 2nd or 3rd week of March.

Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:22   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post

Cheers.
Awesome - Congrats !! By the way did you TD the car?
Old 21st February 2011, 13:24   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post

Cheers.
Any idea about the pricing?
Old 21st February 2011, 14:40   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
fyi : Vento highline diesel waiting only 1 month , quick a pleasant surprise.
You're kidding, right? I just rechecked with my contact at VW Gurgaon & he told me that it has, in fact, gone up to 6 months waiting for the TDI Highline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
I checked with VW Chennai and I was told that there is a 6 month waiting for the Diesel Vento
Spot on mate!
Old 21st February 2011, 15:22   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're kidding, right? I just rechecked with my contact at VW Gurgaon & he told me that it has, in fact, gone up to 6 months waiting for the TDI Highline.
Why don't you jusk pick up the car in Delhi and get in registered in Gurgaon? The Delhi dealers are quoting much lesser wait time.

EDIT:Oops! I just realized that you're already buying a car.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 21st February 2011 at 15:24.
Old 21st February 2011, 16:17   #645
BHPian

Getting the New SX4 Diesel!

The news was out,
speculations ran high,
rumors were galore,

but the car withstood it all - to be a part of "Men are Back" team.

After about 3-4 months of research and a lot of reading on the forum (thanks T-Bhp!), we've finally booked the SX4 Zdi.

The dealership was dodging the idea of generating a receipt for our booking and we were holding on to our cheque over the last 2-3 weeks.

We (my brother & I) were pretty sure that the SX4 Diesel would run into a 3-5 months waiting period, similar to that of the Dezire Diesel, after the initial launch. Hence we wanted to bet on our Horse even before it entered the stables.

We were told that the car is going to be officially launched on the 18th, and the pre-bookings would begin. But as luck would have it, that launch (media release) never happened. And my brother and myself were looking at each other holding our cheque for Rs. 25,000; stuck in a moment, at the dealership.

We've been patrons of Maruti Suzuki even since Dad had purchased the very first of its kind "High Roof Maruti Van" in 1985, when we used to stay in New Delhi. Dad had a special bond with that car at that time, for one: since he was the Project manager involved in the Total electrification of the Maruti Factory at Gurgaon. Secondly: he had arranged for a special delivery of the High Roof Van for himself, even before the car was out in the market.
I remember the look on the faces of other car owners (Fiats and Ambys) when they would see such a concoction on the road. Those were the days, when Maruti's enjoyed the road presence similar to the Beemers of today.
The car was such a family pride that my dad drove it all the way from New Delhi, when we shifted base to Pune in 1986. We had that car till 2003.

Ok, enough nostalgia, shifting to today.
The dealership knew that it would be our 8th Maruti with them (9 for us, including the first love bought in Delhi), and we enjoyed the benefits of their loyalty program.

After appealing to the GM, they agreed to take our booking - the first official SX4 ZDi in the dealership! The excitement was high, everybody there anticipates that the car will be launched on 22nd Feb. Now comes the wait .

Frankly speaking, it has been the first car, that we have ever booked, without even a test drive, not even a model to ogle at!

The dealership in Pune is hesitant to offer a temp reg. plated car for a TD, since it was against the law. We were told that the car looks exactly like the VVT SX4, hence we sort of visualized the showroom displayed SX4 Zxi with a diesel heart.

But we had reasons enough.
Already own the Swift VDi and the Ritz VDi (sadly they dont come in Zdi's), both sporting the same engine from the Fiat mill. We knew the capabilities of that engine, and the wonders it has created for the Dezire segment.
We read about the VGT and were impressed by the 90 horses and 200+ torque it offered in the SX4. Our Octavia does carry similar statistics and we knew where we were coming from.
Plus the news of short test drives were trickling in from across country, specially on T-Bhp - almost 95% of the members had a word of praise for this newborn.
This was it. Another performer from the Maruti stable. We need this.

I wont go over the stats, since these have already discussed in detail at the other thread ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2249749 )

But yes, the pricing aspect needs to shared in the forum.
The Zdi is priced approximately dearer than the current Zxi variant by almost more than a Lakh rupees.

The delivery has been promised for the 2nd week of March. And the dealership makes us feel an inch taller by saying that our's will be the first SX4 Zdi sold by them.

Anyway, the intention is to get hold of the car and share the experience.

Lets Drive. Live to Drive!

Note from Moderator: Threads Merged. Please continue the discussion here.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st February 2011 at 16:37. Reason: See note in the post.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks