Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 09:29   #136
Senior - BHPian

I have been getting 13 + consistently over the last three months. This is mixed driving on DND , Okhla Sarita Vihar, Kalidi Kunj, Noida . Inner and outer ring roads and Mehrauli Gurgaon road.
Old 10th December 2008, 09:34   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I have been getting 13 + consistently over the last three months. This is mixed driving on DND , Okhla Sarita Vihar, Kalidi Kunj, Noida . Inner and outer ring roads and Mehrauli Gurgaon road.
How much KM it has clocked. As per MASS FE will improve after 5K or after 2nd service. Not sure about the claim
Old 10th December 2008, 11:04   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
lolz i think i know people in real too who drive the car slowly and they are not getting more than 10 kmpl. Also, people in here too never claimed anything like 12-13 kmpl pushing the car harder. What if you drive the car normally? 50-60 kmph ... you will get 15+ kmpl ?

Even at high speeds.. lol what high speed you are talking about? 140-150-160 kmph? Come on man, talk some sense. How you will get almost the same mileage when you are driving the car 50-60 kmph or high speeds 120-130-140 kmph?
You sure won't leave this until you find the depth of it..lol.. well, to begin with, PLEASE stop taking the 'pushing' word literally! let me rephrase again, that when I said pushing the car, it meant not driving like a stingy person on the wheel with the intent of extracting a high mileage... nor like a maniac that would unnecessarily rev to the redline just for the sake of it.. and secondly, with 50-80 kmph from safdarjung to ashram and 90-120 kmph on noida DND to greater noida expressway (mid way) its a mixed of 60:40 % of city and highways (if you count the DND and expressway as highways) .. so do the math! The secret is the mid-range torque ..the car has it all.. so you don't have to literally push the car hard to achieve a good 100-120 kmph easily.. If you can't digest this mileage even then, I guess its time to chuck off your accent and own an SX4 to get the truth of it ... Also, you will look cooler on the wheels too! (a recipe for extracting hot babes!!)

Quote:
See, i told ya you have a flying machine which maruti suzuki made a single car only for you in which no matter how you drive, you will get same mileage.
first of all, your sarcasm is uncanny.. secondly, I agree to what you have summed up! Now, if you are convinced, I guess its time to move on!

Quote:
BTW do you have outskirts on your SX4? Also do you visit Noida DND regularly? because i think i had seen your car few times on DND flyover.
yup I do.. and yup again, to DND 3-4 times a week. and you are right, you have seen my car ahead of you couple of times, because we had duel and remember the time I smoke your silver accent (the one with a soundy muffler, huh!) and left far behind.. that explains how you were only able to analyze the detail on the muffler thing as you were behind! (kidding.. hope you are taking it on a good humour sense!)

Last edited by iTNerd : 10th December 2008 at 11:09.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:27   #139
Senior - BHPian

If you trust the service adviser that way, I am sure you will never have any problem in your SX4, as everything is normal for them, unless you argue and press hard.

In my SX4, I told them that I feel some jerks during pickup from idle some times, twice they said its normal, no problems. But when I told them third time that I am putting this in the feedback, and they are following me madly to solve this. Even they offered to invite maruti engineers to test my car. They agreed that it was a problem in the earlier releases and have agreed to do anything to resolve it.

Unfortunately I am too busy to take my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I'm took my car to Maruti Service Station (ABT Maruti - Guindy) yesterday and enquired about mileage and he told that it is the average people get on Zxi model and not to be worried about!
FE for my SX4 improved drastically after 5K KM Service, so its true
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
How much KM it has clocked. As per MASS FE will improve after 5K or after 2nd service. Not sure about the claim

Last edited by rkbharat : 10th December 2008 at 11:30.
Old 11th December 2008, 08:55   #140
Senior - BHPian

Assuming that Linea becomes a hit. How soon can Maruti bring out the SX4 Diesel? won't it be beneficial for Maruti and SX4?
Old 11th December 2008, 10:38   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Assuming that Linea becomes a hit. How soon can Maruti bring out the SX4 Diesel? won't it be beneficial for Maruti and SX4?
Let Linea get launched first!!!
The way Fiat is working, it looks like Maruti would have come up with successor to successor to SX4 by the time Fiat finally decide to launch Linea here! Alas, it might be a little bit too late!
Old 11th December 2008, 11:03   #142
BHPian

Frankly, I woud admit and agree that sx4 was a bad replacement to baleno.

1. FE - not good - even for comparing in case you need a benchmark, with baleno.

2. Looks - Would qualify better for SUV -with its huge ground clearance - its rather ugly for a sedan - that too premium model sedan with high GC. Just gets the head turned by Civic, Skoda or just even see Fiesta, OHC, NHC, Baleno.

3. GC should be less for better looks and safety. Else chance of toppling is more in high GC cars. (sx4- not for people who are down to earth -

4. What else does it have to appeal a potential buyer - engine - not that revv as baleno - with 90 and 95 bhp - rt..

5. Neither the price -

that's now, now back to work.

rgrds
prsn
Old 11th December 2008, 11:36   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak
Ain't that a very, very optimistic assumption ?

Jokes apart, ofcourse it would be great for MSIL and SX4 sales if there was a diesel motor available for the car. And I am sure MSIL would love to kit the SX4 with a diesel engine, but I guess diesel engine supply constraints are holding them back.
Old 11th December 2008, 12:37   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
50-80 kmph from safdarjung to ashram and 90-120 kmph on noida DND to greater noida expressway (mid way) its a mixed of 60:40 % of city and highways (if you count the DND and expressway as highways) .. so do the math! The secret is the mid-range torque ..the car has it all.. so you don't have to literally push the car hard to achieve a good 100-120 kmph easily.. If you can't digest this mileage even then, I guess its time to chuck off your accent and own an SX4 to get the truth of it ... Also, you will look cooler on the wheels too! (a recipe for extracting hot babes!!)
haha I was just trying to pull your leg, nothing serious or personal. haha when you told me NCR, i knew you don't have much traffic compared with Delhi. In my previous posts you must had read my post regarding the expessway driving discussion with other guys.

Safdarjung to Ashram, 50-80 kmph on ring road? at what time?

haha no offense, i'm not saying SX4 is a bad car or something like that but my preferences are different. Security + Performance + Good A.S.S + Good Build Quality = my package.

Accent = Perfect Package for me.

Even if i will get SX4 for free, then also i wont drive it. so, i wont even think of chucking off my Accent for SX4.

Now talking of the girls, I can understand you got inspired by the ads "Men Are Back" and you bought it. Right? hehe Kidding.

Oh by the way, i'm getting around 13-14 kmpl under normal driving conditions in Cities. I hate jams and i know where i can stuck up in the jams on the ring road. So, i have alternate routes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
yup I do.. and yup again, to DND 3-4 times a week. and you are right, you have seen my car ahead of you couple of times, because we had duel and remember the time I smoke your silver accent (the one with a soundy muffler, huh!) and left far behind.. that explains how you were only able to analyze the detail on the muffler thing as you were behind! (kidding.. hope you are taking it on a good humour sense!)
haaha right. lolzz SX4 can smoke me? Wrong dude. Autorickshaw, cyclists can easily smoke me. haha

Come on don't insult your SX4 by saying that i tried to chase you and you smoked me. lolzz
Old 11th December 2008, 12:45   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
my preferences are different.
Security + Performance + Good A.S.S + Good Build Quality = my package.
Accent = Perfect Package for me.
The good A.S.S. part I understand in the Accent/Hyundai context. And BuildQuality is a much abused term here on tbhp, so will let that pass.

But Security ? Did you mean Safety ? If so, what does the Accent have in terms of Safety features (other than seat belts) that we all seem to have missed ?

And performance ? Common, I don't recollect 'Accent' and "Performance' being used in the same sentence here, unless it is in a -ve context.

P.S. : This is not to deny that Accent was/is an all-rounder, reasonably good in most areas, but excelling in none. Hence quite a market favourite in the past.
Old 11th December 2008, 15:46   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The good A.S.S. part I understand in the Accent/Hyundai context. And BuildQuality is a much abused term here on tbhp, so will let that pass.

But Security ? Did you mean Safety ? If so, what does the Accent have in terms of Safety features (other than seat belts) that we all seem to have missed ?

And performance ? Common, I don't recollect 'Accent' and "Performance' being used in the same sentence here, unless it is in a -ve context.

P.S. : This is not to deny that Accent was/is an all-rounder, reasonably good in most areas, but excelling in none. Hence quite a market favourite in the past.
Accent's Built Quality is much better than SX4. I don't know if you missed that thread about Swift in which i had healthy discussion on Bumper Railings etc.

Well..!! in my signature i had mentioned about Accent 1.6L GLS, means this model is there with ABS.

SX4 has a +point of airbags. But built quality is not upto the mark. My accent is more thn 5 years old but still no rattling issues which few people faced in here. thin sheets used in sx4, lack of torsion railings (don't know about the beams in sx4's doors but Accent GLS has 2 cross beams in the doors), for mild impacts bumper rails is absent in sx4 which accents have in their bumpers. most of the people see what they see from outside. I'm not saying i know my accent or sx4 upto the core. But few things which not many people know. many people had clutch overhaul and transmission problems quite early in sx4, the way i use to drive my accent in the past was not good lol many times redlining etc. but not now, my clutch should had gone long back but it faced my tortures quite well. Nothing happened to the pressure plates, just a small part was ruined which was making some noise. My accent had done over 1 lakh KM, in which 76k+ km had been done on CNG. You can understand how much torture my accent took. Still its running good and hard. But i'm not happy with the High Tension Wires of Accent.

Performance point of view, drive both of them to the extreme. You will come to know the difference. Don't wanna light the fire again on Accent vs SX4 peformance or any other things. So, no more discussions from my side for Accent vs SX4.

Both the cars have pros and cons. So, keep this comparison apart and let us have a healthy discussion for which this thread was made. Hope you understand. Cheers!
cheers:

Last edited by Gangsta : 11th December 2008 at 16:04.
Old 11th December 2008, 16:39   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both the cars have pros and cons. So, keep this comparison apart and let us have a healthy discussion for which this thread was made. Hope you understand.
Oh, I do understand. But given that you were the one who first brought an unrelated car into a thread discussing the falling sales of the SX4, shouldn't it be you who should be pondering over the advice you so freely dished out ?

Quote:
in my signature i had mentioned about Accent 1.6L GLS, means this model is there with ABS.
That's surely a good feature to have and very much there in the SX4 also. But while ABS helps make braking better, what if you still end up having a frontal collision ? Would it not help to have airbags then ?

Quote:
Accent's Built Quality is much better than SX4. I don't know if you missed that thread about Swift in which i had healthy discussion on Bumper Railings etc.
As I mentioned earlier, build-quality is a much-abused term here on the forum and you seem no different given your 'views' about the lack of it in the SX4 and the abundance of it in your Accent. So, no point in dragging this any further.

And again, while talking about SX4 built quality, you bring in the Swift. Hmm. Maybe you could have a look at another thread which asks SX4 owners about rattling in their cars.

I am sorry about bringing in yet another car into the discussion, but just to show that BuildQuality is not about rattles, here goes.

Go to Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home, click on 'TestDrives' and select Brand as 'Ford' and model as 'Fiesta'.

Under 'Owners liked', you will see the attribute - Solid build quality.

Now, go to the "Problem Areas" section and you will see the following :
- Creaks & rattles, loosely fitted plastic parts come off,

So, the Fiesta has Solid Build Quality and yet creaks/rattles/parts come off.
Go figure.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 11th December 2008 at 16:42.
Old 11th December 2008, 20:21   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Oh, I do understand. But given that you were the one who first brought an unrelated car into a thread discussing the falling sales of the SX4, shouldn't it be you who should be pondering over the advice you so freely dished out ?

That's surely a good feature to have and very much there in the SX4 also. But while ABS helps make braking better, what if you still end up having a frontal collision ? Would it not help to have airbags then ?

As I mentioned earlier, build-quality is a much-abused term here on the forum and you seem no different given your 'views' about the lack of it in the SX4 and the abundance of it in your Accent. So, no point in dragging this any further.

And again, while talking about SX4 built quality, you bring in the Swift. Hmm. Maybe you could have a look at another thread which asks SX4 owners about rattling in their cars.

I am sorry about bringing in yet another car into the discussion, but just to show that BuildQuality is not about rattles, here goes.

Go to Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home, click on 'TestDrives' and select Brand as 'Ford' and model as 'Fiesta'.

Under 'Owners liked', you will see the attribute - Solid build quality.

Now, go to the "Problem Areas" section and you will see the following :
- Creaks & rattles, loosely fitted plastic parts come off,

So, the Fiesta has Solid Build Quality and yet creaks/rattles/parts come off.
Go figure.
I compared accent with SX4 first? read again, i was having talks with itnerd guy regarding his sx4, i never compared.

I was discussing about the mileage of iTnerd's, i think i never compared it with Accent. So, please read carefully what i had written about the overall package thing. Overall package was used for Accent, not for SX4. Infact i also said everybody have their own priorities. iTnerd have his own proiority, so he opted for SX4, i have different so i had gone for Accent.

Now talking of the Airbags, you need to read my previous post again where i had clearly mentioned about SX4's plus point of having AirBags. So, don't mention points which i had already mentioned.

Kindly read again, where i had compared accent vs sx4 before your post. If i did then lemme know the post number in pms because i don't wanna cont. this accent sx4 conversation anymore.
Old 11th December 2008, 20:52   #149
BHPian

^^In that case I wouldn't sit in a Hyundai even if I am paid for,korean crap.No offence to anyone.Kindly dony discuss any Hyundai v Maruti ,Korean v Jap topics.See I am not comparing any Hyundai car here,just pouring out my views.
Old 12th December 2008, 09:05   #150
BHPian

I think we need to close the thread as i feel it is becoming too personal just for cars. This forum is just to give suggestions/observations/review etc not pulling legs of each other.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks