Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 12:45   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
lolz i think i know people in real too who drive the car slowly and they are not getting more than 10 kmpl. Also, people in here too never claimed anything like 12-13 kmpl pushing the car harder. What if you drive the car normally? 50-60 kmph ... you will get 15+ kmpl ?

Even at high speeds.. lol what high speed you are talking about? 140-150-160 kmph? Come on man, talk some sense. How you will get almost the same mileage when you are driving the car 50-60 kmph or high speeds 120-130-140 kmph?
BTW do you have outskirts on your SX4? Also do you visit Noida DND regularly? because i think i had seen your car few times on DND flyover.

Hi Gangsta,
Me too have a SX4(White with outskirts) done 5000 km now. I travel daily from Noida to Gurgaon. Maintain a speed of 110-120 in Noida and Gurgaon Expressway and avg 50-60 in Delhi road from Ashram to DhaulaKuan. And I am getting around 14+ and by 14+ i mean nothing less than 14 in my last 3 tank full. 50% AC as now as AC not required when I return during night.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th December 2008 at 12:58. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 9th December 2008, 13:43   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj_infopark View Post
BTW do you have outskirts on your SX4? Also do you visit Noida DND regularly? because i think i had seen your car few times on DND flyover.

Hi Gangsta,
Me too have a SX4(White with outskirts) done 5000 km now. I travel daily from Noida to Gurgaon. Maintain a speed of 110-120 in Noida and Gurgaon Expressway and avg 50-60 in Delhi road from Ashram to DhaulaKuan. And I am getting around 14+ and by 14+ i mean nothing less than 14 in my last 3 tank full. 50% AC as now as AC not required when I return during night.
Hello neeraj,
thats good to see that you are getting this much mileage. At what time you can maintain 50-60 kmph on Ashram to dhaulakuan?
I had seen 2 different white SX4 on DND with outer skirts.
1. with custome muffler, not the soundy kinda muffler.
2. stock muffler.

which one is yours?
One day i zoomed from a white sx4 with outer skirts. SX4 guy tried to chase me but i was too fast as i was in a hurry. was that you on DND? lol oh by the way i was in my Silver Accent with a soundy muffler as visit noida regularly.

Last edited by Gangsta : 9th December 2008 at 14:01.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:44   #123
BHPian

Quote:
And I am getting around 14+ and by 14+ i mean nothing less than 14 in my last 3 tank full. 50% AC as now as AC not required when I return during night.
I do own a SX4 and i'm not getting anything more that 10kmpl in city and 12-13 in Highway. is it because i'm messing up something while driving !

@neeraj_infopark: which one do you own Vxi or Zxi ?
Old 9th December 2008, 13:48   #124
Senior - BHPian

Last tank full FE update, 13.5 KM/L with approx 50% AC, 100% city
Old 9th December 2008, 13:54   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Well i get 12-12.5kmpl with 100% A/C usage in Mumbai. i am very happy with the car.

Cheers
Old 9th December 2008, 13:59   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Aha! that's great. Few people are getting this mileage. 100% city? oops!! city means expressways? or delhi's messed up roads? also what about your driving style?

Now its getting interesting as for the first time i got 3 good response of getting 13+ kmpl in cities for SX4 and all the 3 from Delhi/NCR Side. Cheers cheers:
Old 9th December 2008, 14:02   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Hello neeraj,
thats good to see that you are getting this much mileage. At what time you can maintain 50-60 kmph on Ashram to dhaulakuan?
I had seen 2 different white SX4 on DND with outer skirts.
1. with custome muffler, not the soundy kinda muffler.
2. stock muffler.

which one is yours?
One day i zoomed and overtook one of the white sx4. SX4 guy tried to chase me but i was too fast as i was in a hurry. was that you on DND? lol oh by the way i was in my Silver Accent with a soundy muffler as visit noida regularly.
I leave home(Noida) at 12:30 pm and again leave office(Gurgaon) at around 9:30-9:45 pm.

I have a stock muffler. I really do not remember any incident. but usually I do not drive above 80 when going from Noida to delhi in the afternoon(fear of Delhi cops-these guys stand in DND to challan over speeding). Yes, but when I return at night, as that time i cruise around 100-130. So what time did you see the SX4??
Old 9th December 2008, 14:03   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I do own a SX4 and i'm not getting anything more that 10kmpl in city and 12-13 in Highway. is it because i'm messing up something while driving !

@mail4loys: Hi, mine is a VXi
Old 9th December 2008, 14:07   #129
Senior - BHPian

I agree with both the SX4 owners who get 10-11kmpl and also with those that get 12-14kmpl. The reason is that the place of use is different and that makes a big difference in FE figures - for any car, not just the SX4.

For Chennai/Blore kind of traffic, with 100%a/c, I would expect the SX4 to give 10-11kmpl, as mentioned by mail4loys. For NCR/Noida folks with expressways, 12-14 should be the norm as mentioned by them.

So, nothing strange in the varying figures - it is about where you are driving.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:09   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I agree with both the SX4 owners who get 10-11kmpl and also with those that get 12-14kmpl. The reason is that the place of use is different and that makes a big difference in FE figures - for any car, not just the SX4.

For Chennai/Blore kind of traffic, with 100%a/c, I would expect the SX4 to give 10-11kmpl, as mentioned by mail4loys. For NCR/Noida folks with expressways, 12-14 should be the norm as mentioned by them.

thats why i asked in my previous post , the guy who claimed 13 kmpl in 100% cities. if he drive on expressway or delhi's messed up traffic?
Old 9th December 2008, 14:10   #131
Senior - BHPian

very true supremeBaleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Old 9th December 2008, 14:20   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I leave home(Noida) at 12:30 pm and again leave office(Gurgaon) at around 9:30-9:45 pm.

I have a stock muffler. I really do not remember any incident. but usually I do not drive above 80 when going from Noida to delhi in the afternoon(fear of Delhi cops-these guys stand in DND to challan over speeding). Yes, but when I return at night, as that time i cruise around 100-130. So what time did you see the SX4??
Na Na, i had been to delhi from noida many times in the afternoon speeding on DND. You will find the cops for speed usually bet. 8:30 to 10:30 AM and that too going to noida. They have only 1 place, usually the first curve going to the left while going to the noida. i.e just after 1/4 distance covered on DND flyover. Thats is a bit blind curve to the left, so in the morning. I drive at 80 till that blind curve then again if i'm in a mood to drive fast or in a hurry then only i hammer the gas else i lite up my ciggy after that curve, hit my music and cruise at 50-60 kmph and same thing cont. on greater noida expressways.

In the afternoon time around 1-1:30 pm, and around 1 month back because i do remember that my gf was waiting for me for around 2 hours and i was busy and enjoying my friend's Verna crdi on expressway noida and she was shouting at me like a mad bull.

You have the best time to leave for the office and coming back. I can understand you can maintain an average speed of 50-60 kmph on ring road including few stupid small jams caused due to stupid and idiot people.

Last edited by Gangsta : 9th December 2008 at 14:22.
Old 9th December 2008, 17:44   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post

Yes, u are messing right, SX4 should be driven mostly like a car even though its an crossover but not definetly like MTC to get best mileage
Old 10th December 2008, 08:14   #134
BHPian

I'm took my car to Maruti Service Station (ABT Maruti - Guindy) yesterday and enquired about mileage and he told that it is the average people get on Zxi model and not to be worried about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Yes, u are messing right, SX4 should be driven mostly like a car even though its an crossover but not definetly like MTC to get best mileage
But how do you know that i messed my drive? Personal experience?
Old 10th December 2008, 09:04   #135
BHPian

I usually get 11.5 as a mileage AC 50% tested many times but always hovers between 11.5 to 12 Max. Highway i once got 13.5 to 14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks