Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 10:55   #61
BHPian

Re: Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet

This post is not related to the earlier, but a generic one.

Fiat has very little to display, just two products. i.e the Linea and Punto. But this is not a problem if they have just one reliable car which will please and win the hearts of the Indian customers.

When saying Indian customers, when we want to buy cheap we go mostly for the maruti suzuki or Hyundai. Maruti suzuki has a lot to display in <5 lakh range. And the indian buyers dont have to look anywhere else.

So how to get the people to look for fiat.

I feel fiat should compete in a way to create its brand awareness. If it wants to attract people by selling cheap, then its gonna be tough because there are cheaper cars from suzuki and hyundai. And the marketing they do and *** is tough to beat.

Now look at chevorlet spark. The company offer 3 year unlimited miles warranty. Now this is a head turner.

What does Fiat has to offer to highlight its build quality?

It is a risk to promise any good ***, considering Tata's mulipurpose after sales service. Tata has to deal with lot of business, this is a very small area for them to turn heads and we cant expect anything to improve.

Now, saying all this, I still want the Fiat to sell in big quantities. Not just their multijet engines But also their cars.

Fiat panda, FWD in compact car segment..... This is way too much technology for India to comprehend?....

Hey, Bring it on!.... FIAT panda, FWD in small car segment! , show me what this car can do in your ads. Give me 5 year unlimited warranty, And for the ***, I would like to see what the service guys do in their garage using a video camera, catch them red handed and win penalty points
ritz830 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 11:14   #62
BHPian

Man you should visit the http://www.fiat.com website to see the all those beautiful sleek looking cars fiat has to offer for different segments. They should definitely get the bravo and panda to India. Indians are growing richer day-by-day and the easy loan factor to add to it. Fiat makes ferrari and we seeing noticeable imports in india.

I have personally owned and driven Swift Vdi (got stolen) 40K Kms in just 1 and half year and still remmber the 2000 rpm turbo boost. Yeah its a car that touches the heart of young india.

But, I now own a Fiat Punto MJD and believe me its one awesome ride from every dimension. It does not have the turbo burst of the same engine Swift but it does reduces the amount of gear shifts due to its linear power delivery which is not the case with swift. I think they changed that tuning in the new swift.

Anyways, Fiat punto is a premium B2 segment hatchback with pretty impressive automation feature pack which is missing in the suzukis. It feels more sturdy, planted and safe to drive in at highspeeds too... It gives me that natural confidence to push it to the max I have reached 170 km/hr and it was rock stable at that speedo.

I'm in love with this car.
samigo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 16:46   #63
gemi_kk

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th October 2012 at 21:41.
  Received Infraction
Old 31st October 2012, 23:03   #64
gemi_kk

Was just going through the Panda Reviews. I was amazed when i saw that, it was a very good off roader. The only thing was that, the UK version had 1.2 Petrol. And all videos were showing the same, when it comes to Off-roading.

All the On road reviews were on Multi Air petrols and MJD's.

The car is definitely not a Looker, But it has enough Potential to smash up the competition if it is properly backed by FIAT with Proper service and assurance. Need to wait and Watch how it performs when it comes to India.

Old 29th May 2013, 15:32   #65
BHPian

Top Gear’s Best SUV the new Fiat Panda 4x4

Top Gear has awared the Best SUV award to the new Fiat Panda 4x4.

As like Renault's Duster, this mini SUV if brought to India, can turn the fortunes of FIAT india and can considerably increase the foot falls to exclusive Fiat outles (Fiat Cafe).

Quote:
The new Fiat Panda 4x4 was voted the ‘Best SUV’ by Top Gear Magazine, this new SUV is the only four wheel drive in the A segment and represents great value for money priced from under £15,000.

There are two engines offered, both with Start/Stop the new 85 HP 0.9 TwinAir Turbo which was awarded the 2011 International Engine of the Year or the ultra efficient 75 HP 1.3 MultiJet 2 diesel. The car returns a massive 60.1mpg if you opt for the MultiJet and 57.6mpg for the TwinAir. Co2 emissions are only 114g/km for the TwinAir version and just 125g/km for the MultiJet 2.

Source: www.motoring.co.uk
Link to article: http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/t...anda-4x4_55047
Attached Images
File Type: bmp fiat_panda4X4.bmp (148.0 KB, 536 views)

Last edited by mTorque : 29th May 2013 at 15:44. Reason: Adding picture
mTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 12:30   #66
BHPian

A search on zauba.com reveals that a Fiat Panda 4x4 has been imported into the country for R&D Purposes along with a Fiat 500L.

Attachment 1376873

Might be Panda is the same Vehicle slated to be Launched in 2016 as mentioned in the presentation made to investors by FCA in 2014.

Attachment 1376874

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks