Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 06:42   #691
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Karnataka Road Tax, Crack down announced.EDIT: High Court Judgement on Pg 36 atta

Just wanted to share this...
Yesterday (18 Jan) morning around 8am there were RTO officials stopping cars at C V Raman Nagar, about hundred metres (close to GTRE) before the Bagmane tech park entrance.
Noticed this too late after I passed the slow moving traffic (I was on a 2 wheeler) so could not see if they were specifically targeting non-KA registered cars.

Last edited by NPV : 19th January 2012 at 06:45.
Old 19th January 2012, 14:29   #692
Team-BHP Support

Re: Karnataka Road Tax, Crack down announced.EDIT: High Court Judgement on Pg 36 atta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I pass by this road everyday around 3-4pm. Didn't notice anything today. Perhaps they met their daily target and left Usually these are end of month woes!

Were these cars or bikes that you saw pulled over? I've never seen multiple cars pulled over.
Morning session only check between 11 and 130 pm. They were on yesterday also. Lots of guys including junior staff from RTO in Khaki. Cars only.
Old 20th January 2012, 10:16   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Usually these are end of month woes!
I think more checking is happening because the car sales are not good this year, and fiscal year is closing, so need to meet the revenue target. We will be seeing more constant action till 1st April, may need to get a color copy of receipt and paste it on windshield.
Old 22nd January 2012, 10:03   #694
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The RTO drive was on again on Friday 20 Jan at the same place in C V Raman Nagar around 7.45-8am - the timing is what is surprising, seems like they're targeting the early birds to office
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:18   #695
BHPian

Saw RTO guys filtering out non-KA cars on the road to C.V.Raman Nagar (coming from BEML direction). Saw a PY registered car and a MH registered car stopped on the road-side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
the timing is what is surprising, seems like they're targeting the early birds to office
Makes sense as they won't be able to stop cars that easily when the section gets crowded with cars.

Last edited by n_mouli : 23rd January 2012 at 12:21. Reason: quoting a message
Old 28th January 2012, 21:35   #696
Senior - BHPian

So as long as I can prove that my vehicle has been plying on KA roads for less than 11 months (through the use of Toll Receipts that I paid when I drove down from Mumbai) I would not be harrassed right ?

I plan to keep prints of the High court judgments in this post and my Toll Recipts in the car itself from now.

I drove down my car from Mumbai very recently and have all the toll receipts from the route.

Last edited by praful : 28th January 2012 at 21:37.
Old 28th January 2012, 23:14   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Does Karnataka have different road tax rate for company registered vehicles compared to individual registered vehicles?
Old 29th January 2012, 13:20   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Does Karnataka have different road tax rate for company registered vehicles compared to individual registered vehicles?
Taxes are different only between White Boards (Private Vehicles, Company/individuals) and Yellow board(Taxi's).
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 14:00   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
So as long as I can prove that my vehicle has been plying on KA roads for less than 11 months (through the use of Toll Receipts that I paid when I drove down from Mumbai) I would not be harrassed right ?

I plan to keep prints of the High court judgments in this post and my Toll Recipts in the car itself from now.

I drove down my car from Mumbai very recently and have all the toll receipts from the route.
Yes, the toll receipts should help you. You can also show the pollution certificate if it is from Mumbai and not expired. When I moved from Hyderabad to Bangalore, I renewed the pollution certifcate just before the day I left hyderabad so that i can use for 6 months in bangalore.

Last edited by arun_josie : 29th January 2012 at 14:02.
Old 30th January 2012, 02:44   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The RTO drive was on again on Friday 20 Jan at the same place in C V Raman Nagar around 7.45-8am - the timing is what is surprising, seems like they're targeting the early birds to office
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Morning session only check between 11 and 130 pm. They were on yesterday also. Lots of guys including junior staff from RTO in Khaki. Cars only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_mouli View Post
Saw RTO guys filtering out non-KA cars on the road to C.V.Raman Nagar (coming from BEML direction). Saw a PY registered car and a MH registered car stopped on the road-side.
Makes sense as they won't be able to stop cars that easily when the section gets crowded with cars.
Ohh boy!! so did anyone here have a headon with the RTO chaps? any first-hand pointers as to what the outcome of such a "meeting" would be? Got a message also from a friend on FB today regarding the same....
Old 30th January 2012, 10:35   #701
Senior - BHPian

The RTO officials are in full khaki uniform right?

Just now I did see 2/3 people in khaki standing in the median before electronics city signal(towards hosur) and watching vehicles.
Old 30th January 2012, 10:46   #702
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is a silly rule and this kind of autonomy to states should not be allowed any more. All that it breeds is increasing "parochialism".
We are after all, one India, so why should a tax paying Citizen be harassed in this manner - especially in this day and age when jobs and prospects appear across the country and someone seeking to improve his/her lot, would jump at the chance to grow!

It is quite a different matter when a Karnataka resident cheats the government of road tax by having his/ her car registered more cheaply in another state by using some sort of benaami address. That practice is deplorable and indeed, even the car dealerships who recommend this or suggest it should be taken to task in terms of being made to pay a fine upto 2-3 times the value of the road taxes thus avoided!
Old 30th January 2012, 10:50   #703
BANNED

Friends,
please watch out , theres a serious non KA hunt started.Please see that you have valid insurance,Emission and all other legal reqmnts ready in the vehicle.
(Licence,Rear reflectors, lights,apprvd sun films) After completing bangalore annual OTR , 2- AP jeeps was intercepted by RTO at inner ring road signal near Mathikere and demanded all docs. In fact this vehicles landed KA @ 30Hours ago and one jeep charged for expired Emmission certificate & faulty num plate (Even though num plate was 100% ok) 900/00rs. I was travelling in KA Thar & stopped near the signal helped the team to deal with RTO.

I have paid LTT for a TN scorpio in Kengeri RTO ,which 2 months old from date of purchase. Even law states 6 or 11 months to ply on other states.

Last edited by Rajith : 30th January 2012 at 10:52.
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:41   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Today saw them opp to Krystal Beryl apartment near shell outlet on Bannerghatta Road around 12:15PM. Around 6 other states vehicles were stopped. Couple of TN, KL and one each of MH and AP.
Again RTO officials were in front of Krystal Beryl apartment near shell outlet on Bannerghatta Road today around 10:00 AM looking for other state cars. Saw 8 other state cars in their custody.
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:24   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Again RTO officials were in front of Krystal Beryl apartment near shell outlet on Bannerghatta Road today around 10:00 AM looking for other state cars. Saw 8 other state cars in their custody.
Today afternoon, I saw them in Sumo near Electronic City. They had caught a Maxi Cab, I think they were trying to catch interstate vehicles of Corporate Guys. Beware
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks