Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Petrol / Diesel (Ex-Showroom Hyd)
Linea Active - 600213 / 690228
Linea Dynamic - 631218 / 720234
Linea Dynamic Pk - 659223 / 748240
Linea Emotion - 671226 / 758241
Linea Emotion Pk - 700230 / 811251

Wow... seems like fiat is set to kill all other sedans.
Well said. Fiat has played its game. Now is the real test of faith of people in the brand that is known as FIAT INDIA! It can only be the distrust in Fiat that can stop Linea from becoming a blockbuster success!
Old 15th January 2009, 13:26   #677
BHPian

pricing is surely a killer man!
i feel that the linea will strike a perfect balance between power and economy,speed and handling,ride and comfort.
has anyone driven the petrol yet??
there should have been more torque i feel like what the NHC had on offer-around 125Nm.with just 77bhp on offer the car was great to drive especially from0-80kmph.
but that is what matters for most isnt it?
Old 15th January 2009, 13:32   #678
Senior - BHPian

I had registered at the "keep me updated" Fiat Linea website when it was in it's teaser mode. I have a email at 9.14PM on Jan 14 with the side view of a maroon Linea with sms and toll free numbers for a test drive.

Good going so far but the marketing will have to be sustained and not in bits and pieces. Also, they need a tag line which should be hammered so thoroughly into people's heads that they should think of Linea whenever they hear it. Something like the SX4's "men are back" tagline. It does look like the Linea tag line is going to revolve around the 'admire' thing.

Any idea when a television commercial is being planned to be released? I thought I would be seeing Linea ads on TV this morning!

The car in the email pic looks HUUGE!

Quote:
FIAT has created history it seems
For their sake and for the sake of the Indian car buyer, I hope it's not (Palio) history repeating itself. The Linea has recieved such a super response because there is a 7 year gap between the Palio and Linea. The GP and Linea will have a 6 month gap. If Fiat goof up with the Linea like they did with the Palio, the GP will fail from day one. I really hope they realise that. I hope they also realise that a happy and satisfied Linea customer could bring in some sales for the Palio too.

Last edited by amit : 15th January 2009 at 13:50.
Old 15th January 2009, 13:32   #679
BHPian

I was keen on buying Linea but the current engine options are making me rethink.
Since y'day, I have read about most of the Fiat's models across the world on various sites, the engines,reviews etc. I can definitely say that they should have offered at least one powerful engine option in petrol at the launch , since multijet is all about fuel efficiency & a coarse/ simpler engine beyond certain rev limits
Old 15th January 2009, 13:56   #680
BHPian

Variant Difference Dyn vs Dyn+ and Emotion vs Emotion+ ?

Guys,

I am slightly confused. When I check the price at Fiat website it shows prices for 5 variants (Active, Dynamic, Dynamic Pack, Emotion, Emotion Pack), but, when I click Features it only shows 3 variants (Active, Dynamic, Emotion).

What is the difference between Dynamic vs Dynamic Pack and Emotion vs Emotion Pack?
Old 15th January 2009, 14:05   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I had registered at the "keep me updated" Fiat Linea website when it was in it's teaser mode. I have a email at 9.14PM on Jan 14 with the side view of a maroon Linea with sms and toll free numbers for a test drive.

Any idea when a television commercial is being planned to be released? I thought I would be seeing Linea ads on TV this morning!
Even I got the mailer from Fiat. Asked a Fiat guy about the TV ads. The TV commercial are supposed to start from Monday. Dont know if that info was true though. There is a TV Commercial Tab in the downloads section of the Linea website. Check it out.

Last edited by roms : 15th January 2009 at 14:17.
Old 15th January 2009, 14:16   #682
BHPian

The price difference between Emotion and Emotion Pack in Petrol is @30K and the for Diesel is @50K. Plus Diesle does not get alloys. Why would the same Pack be costed so high for Diesel?

Has anyone TDed the Petrol version? How bad can it be as compared to the MJD?
Old 15th January 2009, 14:30   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Guys,

I am slightly confused. When I check the price at Fiat website it shows prices for 5 variants (Active, Dynamic, Dynamic Pack, Emotion, Emotion Pack), but, when I click Features it only shows 3 variants (Active, Dynamic, Emotion).

What is the difference between Dynamic vs Dynamic Pack and Emotion vs Emotion Pack?
I believe the pack would include all the optional items of the variant.
Old 15th January 2009, 14:32   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Guys,
The difference is that the pack versions have optional add-ons.
Old 15th January 2009, 14:36   #685
BHPian

It's really amazing. Yesterday when i saw the news ticker on tv i didn't beleive the pricing. Now i am waiting for my Punto Hope fiat will launch it soon.
Old 15th January 2009, 14:49   #686
BHPian

Drop dead gorgeous !!

Not in a long while has something so stunning taken shape,.....

I vote this one of the most beautiful forms of the decade !! Not just amoung all things automotive,.. just so awe inspiring !!

Last edited by Torque-ative : 15th January 2009 at 14:55.
Old 15th January 2009, 14:51   #687
Senior - BHPian

Compared to the competition, Fiat has given a product (Linea) that has the potential to be a success in India, and provide much needed respite from the clutches of Maruti. However, whether that will translate into sales is to be seen. I would think buyers would need to be confident on a long-term basis about after sales and warranties.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:03   #688
Senior - BHPian

Finally saw the Linea ad on TV on CNBC. Saw only the last part of the ad. ok-ok ad though.

Theme: Dad is so lost looking at the car and his son is trying to pull him out from the showroom or something..
Old 15th January 2009, 15:08   #689
Senior - BHPian

Saw the full page ad on ToI. Man, it really looks stunning. It does look like most lux car in that segment for me.

Now, time to watch the sales. After reading the other thread on the dealership issues and carelessness, I think things are taken care.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:13   #690
Senior - BHPian

I love this car. I just hope Fiat has done its homework this time around. It surely is one of the better looking cars to have been launched in recent times. Saw the full page ad in the TOI this morning. Awesome and I just loved that alloy design. Pure Italian stying is what this car is about. Have to still check out the car in person. Hoping to do a TD soon. Lets see.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks