Old 17th January 2009, 21:23   #826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Exactly which song is this?any title?
I sent a PM, pl check

sorry friend for going off topic!

PM me if anybody want to download .mp3 of this song

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th January 2009 at 21:38.
Old 17th January 2009, 21:28   #827
BHPian

We arent going Off Topic, all this is verymuch concerning the Linea. Lol.
Old 17th January 2009, 21:47   #828
BHPian

Did a short test drive of Linea today at Prerna Motors in Sarjapur Ring road. There was a big crowd and we had to wait for about one hour to get a chance to drive one. The salesman who comes with the car looked too tired to even talk and was almost dozing off, let alone explain the features! They really need to have more staff and cars for TD.

The diesel car is not quite cheap as I imagined. The emotion pack is Rs 9,57,634 on road in Bangalore and thats big money. The one which we drove was emotion and it was lacking most of the features including alloys, steering controls, airbags, USB port etc. It comes to Rs 8,95,558 on road. I am not sure this can be called VFM considering that the engine felt quite weak for its size. It is not very easy to drive in a start-stop city driving mode. Felt like it takes ages to get to a decent speed while accelerating. I will wait for the TD of petrol version before making a decision.

I dont think diesel will make sense for me considering the price difference of 1.3 lacs between top end trims of diesel and petrol! Petrol emotion pack is Rs 8,27,624 on road. Right now its not available for delivery or test drive. Diesel models are readily available now.
Old 17th January 2009, 22:21   #829
BHPian

what kinda engines does the linea run in??? i heard they're kinda underpowered and overpriced... and do they only sell a 4 door sedan or is there a hatchback too???
i hope fiat is still not running it with the 1.6 100bhp petrol and the 1.3 multijet diesel..
Old 17th January 2009, 23:10   #830

I had given initial booking amount of 1L to Pandit Auto in pune.
Now that the pricing is out, have decided to go for E+ petrol , flamingo red.
Actually I am very confused whether to go for Dynamic +, Emotion or Emotion+.
I definitely need ABS/EBD hence dynamic +. ACC is in Emotion, while airbags & alloywheels in E+.

I suppose if I am spending 7.27L might spend 45K more & get teh complete safety as well as ally wheels. Are there others also facing is this dilemma?
What is your decision?
By teh way I was told that , the co passenger air bag can be deactivated , while the driver seat air bag gets activated only with seat belt on. As I am a bit worried about air bags getting inflated on minor accident ( that is what I got the impression) , I am thinking of not wearing seat belt while driving in city !:-) . Seriously, come to think of quite ironic:-).

Also I have got an invite to celebrate the launch of Linea at Taj Blue Diamond on 20th jan.
Old 17th January 2009, 23:12   #831
BHPian

msaudf please go thru the full thread and check fiat india site, its not overpriced nor underpowered.
Old 17th January 2009, 23:57   #832
Senior - BHPian

final push by FIAT in india before they bow out?

i think they are better off supplying diesel engines to TATA and Maruti!
Old 18th January 2009, 09:34   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Sorry for continuing the OT but which service station did you go to? Not all of them keep their promises you know!
sorry for not mentioning , it was Concorde motors Mysore road .
Old 18th January 2009, 10:24   #834
Senior - BHPian

ahshahid,

Take the E+ unless it seriously strains your finances. No point compromising safety for just 6% more!
Old 18th January 2009, 12:23   #835
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Linea yesterday here at showroom at New bombay. Must say that car from exterior's does look expensive type, with classic styling which suits more expensive luxury cars. However I feel the flowing curves all around does hide and makes you feel that the car has less width then mentioned on paper. Those Headlights one of the beautiful one's I have seen in recent times. Those rear tail lamp felt had an uncanny resemblance to the older Sonata. On the inside, the car is roomier and good amount of width, legroom Good enough too. However driving position was not upto the mark. Couldn't find the ideal position for driving, also coz the steering is only tilt and not reach adjustment. I am 6' and 90 kgs So atleast for me getting to best suitable position was difficult.
Now the Dissappointing part, as soon as I started the car and slotted the gear and accelerated the car added noise coming from the engine, apart from the engine noisy which I founded noisy and quite rough sound. Every time I accelerated there was unusual squeaking noise coming from the engine and this happened in every gear. When pointed out to the sales person, had no idea whats it about. Also, had some rattling noise coming from near the gear console and the back too. The only reply he gave that there are 45-50 test drive happening every day and could be coz of that. Now with just 700 kms on the odo I don't think something like this expected, quite frankly was really put off with this. I have had fiat palio 1.6 for 3 years and some how it reminded me back of those days where I had felt quite a few problem including the front suspension. But din't feel that great driving experience here with linea, I had with the palio.
For one the ride was just Awesome, nothing like you would find in anyother 10lakh car. But, some how din't get the feel of being connected to the road, the steering good to hold but it felt as if I am steering the whale, doesn't give that feel and of being connected. The dashboard layout was also not so great near the screen for driving. The gear too felt quite notchy. And not sleek like Hondas and Skoda's or even the swift.
I drive a Fabia diesel which feel has better pick up than that of linea. Also, having remap on my fabia, the car felt super quick once I got back to it after the test drive.
In the end the car does make sense for anyone who wants to be chauffer driven, wants to be comfertable at back side with good thigh support, wants to have feature rich car with that amazing blue and me, wants to enjoy the ride at the back with few occasional long trips and that boot which can swallow any amount of luggage thrown in. I feel its a good value for money car than.

Last edited by Invinsible : 18th January 2009 at 12:24.
Old 18th January 2009, 13:11   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahshahid View Post
I had given initial booking amount of 1L to Pandit Auto in pune.
Now that the pricing is out, have decided to go for E+ petrol , flamingo red.
Actually I am very confused whether to go for Dynamic +, Emotion or Emotion+.
Go for E+
Even I was confused between E and E+ as Blue and Me is not my cup of tea
but considering E+ comes with Airbags and Alloys its worth spending for Emotion plus
hence I went for E+ MJD

So how many lineas are booked on TBhp till date?

including me, i guess its seven? anybody tracking?
Old 18th January 2009, 13:15   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I am not sure this can be called VFM considering that the engine felt quite weak for its size. It is not very easy to drive in a start-stop city driving mode. Felt like it takes ages to get to a decent speed while accelerating.
That's interesting to know most of the reviews i've read (magazines, few earlier) so far have been thumbs up for the Linea, ofcourse this would make me a little cautious.
I have actually booked the Linea and expect delivery shortly. I didn't test drive her yet. I will try and get an appointment before i confirm the allotment. Most of my driving is stop start city !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post

So how many lineas are booked on TBhp till date?

including me, i guess its seven? anybody tracking?
Count me in as well, booked mine a week ago at Concorde Motors, top end diesel. Im so excited about blue & me - its disgusting ! :-)
A big golden iPod ha ha ha

Now, prudence must prevail for that test drive before conformation of allotment !

Last edited by F50 : 18th January 2009 at 14:00.
Old 18th January 2009, 14:35   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Count me in as well, booked mine a week ago at Concorde Motors, top end diesel. Im so excited about blue & me - its disgusting ! :-)
Welcome to the LINEA CLUB.cheers:
Old 18th January 2009, 19:20   #839
Senior - BHPian

finally went across to the showroom in velachery (Concord motors) and took the test drive. The sales person was kind enough to allow me to do a rather long test drive-- took nearly 20 min drive. I guess this was because it was sunday and there was no one else waiting to take a drive.

firstly, i was able to get a comfortable seating position, and the visibility was good. the engine was a tad too loud for my liking- but as they say "Remember she's a diesel". The suspension took up a lot of shocks and the car appeared firmly planted. the engine was nice, and though there appeared to be a lag, it was not as pronounced as expected.
the arm rest however was positioned in such a way that i was just using my wrist to change the gear. i am guessing for a cruise on the highway - this driving position will be the most relaxing.

the price looks high! :( and i dont think i can stretch my budget. I was really hoping to get a car with airbags and ABS, but looks like if i want airbags and ABS i need to go for the emotion+ which is the same story with all indian cars (except the cedia)

need to seriously consider my options now, as this looks to be a really great package. We went and checked all the other cars and the interiors and styling for the verna (which according to the sales person, has been stopped), and Fiesta look dated. the top end diesel versions for both the cars are in the same 9L range (Linea onroad chennai is about 9.08L)
Old 18th January 2009, 20:23   #840
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

madan... any idea whats the on-road price of base diesel in chennai.

will go in for a test drive at concorde velachery next week only.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks