Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 18:01   #901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Looks like Fiat's marketing is working really well. People are beginning to think of Linea in Honda's advt . So Honda is paying for advertising Fiat's! Looks like the 'Admire' tagline is working for them and how!
These are the ads we are talking about take a look and ADMIRE for yourself
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-fiat_vs_honda.jpg  

Old 20th January 2009, 18:34   #902
BANNED

Linea Launched:

Ok. I am here with my first post after yesterday's fantabulous launch of the Linea amidst a shower of red confetti and maroon lights by CEO Mr. Rajeev Kapoor. (South india had five days Pongal holidays so it released on 19th at Le Royal Meridian, Chennai). Apparently as an introductory offer the Linea Emotion+ petrol version is only 7.82 OTR (on road), That was mind blowing 20,000 Rs. Discount. Here are the pics: I was not concentrating on the CEO though. Although my family and myself met him personally afterwards along with Mr. Dilmia (co-ordinating director sales) after a wonderful buffet dinner. He is such a humble person and he personally asked me and my bro wether we liked the Linea and when we were going to buy it- my mom told him that Fiat was our first car (premier padmini) and will be our next car too- so ill be in the linea family in a short while! I have uploaded some pics in the form of a word document (the pic size is very big) so get some eye candy out of it!cheers:

Also for those people who cannto decide between Linea and other cars I suggest you look at the Linea customised brochure comparison chart.

AUTOCARCR

Attached Files
File Type: doc Thats me.doc (1.42 MB, 734 views)
File Type: doc Cars.doc (121.5 KB, 538 views)
Old 20th January 2009, 18:49   #903
Senior - BHPian

Nah. Judging by those pics Honda ad is not at all inspired just like the ANHC's rear is not inspired.
Old 20th January 2009, 21:10   #904
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
But then, it's fair that Honda charges so much for fog lamps. After all, it's a Honda.

I feel so priveleged and blessed every time I get to say the word Honda! I am so lucky!
Oh absolutely! have you ever seen the original Made in Japan Honda fog lamps? There are talks they should be banned because you can see through the clothes shining them on your preferred subject

I also own a honda and feel so privileged. However, not as wise or enlightened. Guess i was sheer lucky that a stupid fellow like me could also slip through the wisdom cracks of Honda to end up owning one

Last edited by abk : 20th January 2009 at 21:12. Reason: correction
Old 21st January 2009, 01:09   #905
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone has any idea when Linea will be available in Canteen (CSD)?
Old 21st January 2009, 07:29   #906
Senior - BHPian

Guess both these cars are hatchbacks with boots added on, they are not proper sedans. The LINEA is an extension of the GRANDE PUNTO and the CITY is an extension of the JAZZ.

The CITY is able to disguise its looks better though
Old 21st January 2009, 07:48   #907
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Guess both these cars are hatchbacks with boots added on, they are not proper sedans. The LINEA is an extension of the GRANDE PUNTO and the CITY is an extension of the JAZZ.

The CITY is able to disguise its looks better though
To all those who think Fiat Linea is an "exact" extension of the Grande Punto, see the picture below. The wheel base. Rear door, roof ends, bonnet height. Headlamp design, front fog lamps, etc.

Fiat Linea has arrived-fiatlineapuntocomparisonoverlaylg.jpg

Source here.
Old 21st January 2009, 08:11   #908
Senior - BHPian

The Linea uses the Punto platform and the City uses the Fit/Jazz platform. However, their designs are thankfully not their cousins' with a boot tacked on (ala NHC/DeZire). The designers of these cars may have taken radically different paths, but neither of them suffer for it.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:01   #909
BANNED

Forget buying, petrol Linea isn't available for TD . What a pity, its already close to end of Jan and ACI COTY 2009 isn't available yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Hey buddy, the petrol versions will hit the showrooms only in the first or second week of Feb .... so i think the Test drive for petrol will start from Feb only......
Old 21st January 2009, 10:22   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Forget buying, petrol Linea isn't available for TD . What a pity, its already close to end of Jan and ACI COTY 2009 isn't available yet
Why bring the COTY topic in??? Also lemme remind you Honda city wasnt available for TD for over 3-4 weeks in most of the cities when it was launched.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:27   #911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Why bring the COTY topic in??? Also lemme remind you Honda city wasnt available for TD for over 3-4 weeks in most of the cities when it was launched.
I would agree on this. The ANHC from the mighty HONDA was not even available for display and test drive for a couple of weeks after its launch. Atleast FIAT has offered cars for display and test drives from the launch. But still HONDA rules, hope Toyota steps in teach a lesson to the morons at HONDA
Old 21st January 2009, 10:28   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Short term memory loss.. inspired by Ghajini
Old 21st January 2009, 10:35   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
But still HONDA rules, hope Toyota steps in teach a lesson to the morons at HONDA
Forget about it. Toyota India has been hibernating for the coming winter for the past few years!! I doubt they are going to make any significant inroads into Honda's main market i.e. City segment.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:47   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also lemme remind you Honda city wasnt available for TD for over 3-4 weeks in most of the cities when it was launched.
Thats okay. You have to wait to expereince a Honda car. We should all feel blessed and be thankful that THE mighty Honda thought us Indians worthy to expereince their technological jewel, the City.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:49   #915
BHPian

Linea Pune Launch

had been to Linea launch yesterday @ Taj Blue Diamond. Overall it was a dull show and really nothing to write about
Seemed like ppl were present just for booz

I'm promised for month end delivery
Marketing VP told me that in first month Fiat has planned 2400 cars all across india and according to him around 50% of the stock is already booked (I myself am on 28th position in B U Bhandari, Pune)

So perspective Linea buys, expect some wait periods..

GOOD for Linea i guess
Closed Thread

Most Viewed