Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 12:39   #886
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Maruti fudged ANHC figures so that SX4 looks good in comparison. Tell me, do you support fraud? Thats why Honda has lodged a complaint.
it happens all the time in those types of ads and i dont think people even look at those figures. now lets keep that in its own topic.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:40   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is wrong in using the word 'admiration'? Actual phrase is 'Enjoy the admiration'. Tell me what is wrong?
Nothing wrong in this honestly.
However i had never heard Honda use 'Enjoy the admiration' before Linea was launched so yes does rings a bell
Old 20th January 2009, 16:51   #888
BHPian

Anybody aware of pete's box being available for Linea MJD in India?
I checked out their website, it is not listed there

BTW a dumb question: would fitting pete's void mfg warranty?
Any pointers for petes in Pune?

Thanks
Old 20th January 2009, 16:54   #889
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
would fitting pete's void mfg warranty?
Isn't Pete's plug and play?
You just have to uninstall the kit before you take the car to the service center.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:55   #890
Senior - BHPian

@ The Horse - Pete's dubba is available for the Linea. Power output is 105bhp IIRC.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:59   #891
BHPian

Come on guys
Lets all appreciate the effort that Fiat has put in by bringing a good overall package for an average Indian customer.
After all not all cars are made keeping an enthusiast in mind.
To me Fiat Linea should turn out to be an able urban commuter.
those who want to go from point A to B with the diesel economy would go in for Linea.
And for all petrol heads its obliviously the Honda lineup.

If you want power then compromise on some goodies and go in for ANHC.
However it would be interesting to see how Honda reacts to Linea.
Hope they throw in Fog lamps and Alloys in the ANHC so that ANHC also becomes a good contender in feature war with Linea.
It would be good for those who want a petrol Sedan.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:59   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
However i had never heard Honda use 'Enjoy the admiration' before Linea was launched so yes does rings a bell

Looks like Fiat's marketing is working really well. People are beginning to think of Linea in Honda's advt . So Honda is paying for advertising Fiat's! Looks like the 'Admire' tagline is working for them and how!
Old 20th January 2009, 17:08   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
However it would be interesting to see how Honda reacts to Linea.
Hope they throw in Fog lamps and Alloys in the ANHC so that ANHC also becomes a good contender in feature war with Linea.
Absolutely! But knowing Honda, can't see that coming in a hurry & without a major price increase
Old 20th January 2009, 17:10   #894
BANNED

. Since Linea is new, expect people to dissect to threadbare. Nothing wrong here - it happens for all new cars. Pity that few people here taking offense to that and mounting personal attacks, which includes branding them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Come on guys
Lets all appreciate the effort that Fiat has put in by bringing a good overall package for an average Indian customer.

Last edited by diabloo : 20th January 2009 at 17:12.
Old 20th January 2009, 17:19   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Looks like Fiat's marketing is working really well. People are beginning to think of Linea in Honda's advt . So Honda is paying for advertising Fiat's! Looks like the 'Admire' tagline is working for them and how!
I am happy for Fiat. Their efforts should reap benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Absolutely! But knowing Honda, can't see that coming in a hurry & without a major price increase
Without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if the fog lamps are sold at 30K premium.
Old 20th January 2009, 17:27   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

In fact i was quiet surprised to see morning's paper with that ad. First thought came to mind - Honda is shaken by the launch definitely.
In fact if many guys rem i didn't see any full page ANHC advertisement in TOI when it was launched but i see it now. Competition is there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ The Horse - Pete's dubba is available for the Linea. Power output is 105bhp IIRC.
Do you got a link for that as i cant find it at his site?
Old 20th January 2009, 17:29   #897
BANNED

My point is, nobody gives a damn about this statement, because they respect your right of expression. But if the same comment is about any Fiat car, there will be 10 people bothered by it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if the fog lamps are sold at 30K premium.
Old 20th January 2009, 17:36   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My point is, nobody gives a damn about this statement, because they respect your right of expression.
It's not that people don't give a damn. You wouldn't see a reaction to this statement because that is probably what will happen in reality and people know it! But then, it's fair that Honda charges so much for fog lamps. After all, it's a Honda.

I feel so priveleged and blessed every time I get to say the word Honda! I am so lucky!
Old 20th January 2009, 17:39   #899
Senior - BHPian

I don't know whether Honda feels threatened by the Linea or whether they had Linea in mind when they came up with the "admire" advt.

But going by how diabloo is all over every Linea thread, he surely thinks the Linea to be a serious threat to the latest version of ahem "City of life" aka "Symbol of luxury" aka "the ultimate in motoring tech to hit Indian shores" etc etc.

P.S. : Where is that "scurrying for cover" emoticon when you need it most ? LOL.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 20th January 2009 at 17:41.
Old 20th January 2009, 17:47   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But going by how diabloo is all over every Linea thread, he surely thinks the Linea to be a serious threat to the latest version of ahem "City of life" aka "Symbol of luxury" aka "the ultimate in motoring tech to hit Indian shores" etc etc.
Thats not the reason. He is merely trying to correct things that are happening here. That's by his own admission in this very thread and I quote him below

Quote:
If there is any unfair things happening in Xylo thread, I will correct it.
When you buy a Honda you attain a higher level of knowledge and understanding that's beyond us non-Honda owners. I am sure if we see him, we will be able to see the enlightement light glowing behind him. Honda chooses to sell their cars to the cream of the country and see, it shows here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks