Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2009, 10:14   #136
BHPian

I saw the Linea, yesterday at navi mumbai, near the fortune showroom , some lucky person was alreay test driving it !!
the car looked great in red color. looked quite big too.
Old 4th January 2009, 13:16   #137

Me and a friend visited Malik motors workshop in Hyderabad - they had two vehicles which had stickering all over shouting that they are Demo cars. We managed to sit in the car and check out the car. We however could not take the car out for a spin.

I was quite impressed with the quality of the interiors, the dash etc. But was disappointed with the space. The central console seemed to protrude out of the dash and was taking up huge real estate. I liked the way controls were accessible to the driver but not the amount of space it was taking up. The glove box was very very small compared to Palio, not many cubby holes too. Unlike in the Palio when I try to extend my feet sitting in the passenger seat my knees were hitting the the glove compartment. The foot well did feel little cramped. The dead pedal was too long. Coming to the back seat - I was not able to keep my head straight sitting in the back seat - my head was touching the roof (not the hair, I actually had to bend my head) and I am only 6ft. The quality of plastics in the back seat was of lower quality than the dash and central console. The person who is going to sit in the middle seat in the back is going to curse you for buying Linea - it is not at all comfortable.

I wasnt impressed with the speakers or the sound. And you can fit the speakers only in the doors. There are only 4 speakers (may be there are two tweeters - not sure). Did not take my ipod so did not play with the Blue&me thingy nor did we pair our phones.

The best part of the car is the steering - it feels so damn good in your hands and begs to be touched I absolutely loved the steering. Clutch was smooth to press unlike in the Palio.

Seats were comfortable and were wide. The key fob is cool and has a remote boot open key.

On the whole, the only place you want to sit (if you end up buying Linea) is the driver's seat and no where else ;-)

I have waited for more than two years for this car and have managed to tax the team-bhp servers by refreshing all the Linea threads all the time and have convinced myself that if I dont buy this car I will be missing something in life...so I will book the car when they open up the bookings.

BTW, they said they will have the car for display by 7th Jan.
Old 4th January 2009, 15:39   #138
BHPian

anyone aware if it is on display at any dealerships in delhi
Old 4th January 2009, 18:33   #139
BHPian

Had been to the Concorde showroom opposite to the Christ College today afternoon. They had the top end model emotion plus for display. I have for sure decided this is going to be the second car from fiat in my garage (already own a petrol palio 1.2nv sports). Immediately fell in love with it. Here are some of the photos i clicked. I will be mostly booking the car after i take a test drive. Test drive will start once the car is launched on 14th January. It seems so far they have already received two bookings. They are asking for 1 lakh as booking amount. Only three colors are coming in the beginning. They are Flamengo Red (my favourite) , Perla Champagne (the one in photo) and medium Grey. They also have a flamengo red color car for display in Mysore road showroom. This is what the guy told me. So far they have not received any confirmation about the prices.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009036-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009048-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009047-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009039-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009040-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009046-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009042-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009043-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009044-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009045-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009037-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009038-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-04012009041-large.jpg  

Old 4th January 2009, 20:26   #140
BHPian

Anybody can you tell me if the gear lever,like in the palio,has a reverse lock?a knob you have to lift prior to engaging reverse?
Old 4th January 2009, 21:39   #141
BHPian

Saw this car on the show Overdrive, They were saying that this car is underpowered. They said it had a 1.3 Engine.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:41   #142
BHPian

From all the pics made available there is no reverse lock on the Linea. See the pics closely.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:58   #143
BHPian

I didnt like the way half of the window panes have been blackened. kinda looks odd. With dark shade tints maybe will look good
Old 4th January 2009, 22:06   #144
BHPian

The car doesn't come with a reverse lock like in the Palio.
Old 4th January 2009, 22:16   #145
BHPian

Linea looks fabulous, the gauges look fantastic so do the rear lights. Not a great fan of the headlight design though, the top arch seems to be out of place somehow!
Old 4th January 2009, 22:22   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
The car doesn't come with a reverse lock like in the Palio.
Good,i never liked it!!
Old 4th January 2009, 22:24   #147
Senior - BHPian

wow! very chic.

How I wish there was a Linea hatch! With the traffic in Delhi becoming so ridiculous (especially parking) I am no more so keen on a sedan. But I am so in love with these retro looks of Linea interiors.
Old 4th January 2009, 22:48   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
all the parts of this car is said to be heavily subsided up to 40%
muneem, great report.

What did you mean by Fiat subsidizing parts? Why are they doing it? The price is at par with that of Brazil market.

BH.
Old 4th January 2009, 23:01   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@burning heart- the gains with the Pete's box should be higher for the Linea than for the palio/swift, because of the VGT. The turbo will be able to supply more air to keep up with the increased fuelling.
Especially with regards to driveability/in gear acceleration.
But this is all speculation, till we see a review on TBHP
In fact, it may be a little less for the Linea for all you know. I'm saying this because, for the G.Punto in the UK, (for the 1.3 L motor producing 90 bhp presumaly with the VGT) the gain is 12 bhps. That is from the data sheet you can download at Pete's website. (Check my other post out.)

But the proof of the pudding will be the TDs.

BH.
Old 4th January 2009, 23:29   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
wow! very chic.

How I wish there was a Linea hatch! With the traffic in Delhi becoming so ridiculous (especially parking) I am no more so keen on a sedan. But I am so in love with these retro looks of Linea interiors.
Wait for the Grande Punto then !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
muneem, great report.

What did you mean by Fiat subsidizing parts? Why are they doing it? The price is at par with that of Brazil market.

BH.
Thanks buddy, For keeping the parts prices low they are offering the spares of the car even after incurring some loss !!.

Some pics that I took on my Visit to the showroom today to explain the Blue & Me to my Previous Colleagues !!

Fiat Linea has arrived-alloy-wheels.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-anti-intrusion-hinges.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-anti-intrusion-hinges1.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-blaupunkt.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-boot.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-boot-open.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-boot-open1.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-engine-bay.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-engine-bay1.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-frnt-arm-rest.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-front.jpg

Fiat Linea has arrived-front-door.jpg