Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2009, 19:49   #76
BHPian

I made calls from My N73 Paired to the Linea,but i was warned not to copy the phone book,as this is what triggers the phonebook erase job, I paired a couple of phones including Sony Ericssons,LG,Samsung Etc, But Nobody Had an HTC or the likes to test out the full functionalaty of the Blue&Me

There is a Major Drawback to the System, It Accepts and Understands Commands Only if You tell it in your Angrezi Accent, else it says out loud that it didn't understand your command.So be shure to have an IELTS Score of 6.5 or above before buying this Car.

Most of the time that I played around with the system i was manually doing the pairing and everything as it didn't understand my Manglish(Mallu English) and No they are not going to release a firmware update for the Blue and me system to support our Manglish,Tanglish or Hinglish.

No one tried anything funny with their own phones.you wouldn't want to lose your data experimenting would you ?

Last edited by muneemmk : 2nd January 2009 at 19:51.
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:02   #77
BHPian

If FIAT has managed to smoothen the rough edges in regard to after sales service and spares, any respectable Diesel sedan would sell decent numbers in India. I guess the trick is to 'Listen to the customer'...
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:07   #78
BHPian

Fiat Linea - India Website Launched!

Here it the official site - still in teaser mode :-)

Linea ::

Enjoy guys...
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:09   #79
rippergeo

Great report muneem! Now, what about the info on why you quit?

Old 2nd January 2009, 20:20   #80
Senior - BHPian

Amazing report.
It sure cannot beat the Honda City though. Looks plain in my opinion.

But kudos to fiat for the amount of features they are providing in this car.
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Great report muneem! Now, what about the info on why you quit?

My guess he did't like the way Blue & Me functioned
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:26   #82
BANNED

As is obvious Fiat doesn't care a dime about average product life cycle or successive generations like the best in the business viv Honda & Toyota do! We have been seeing images & hearing about Punto, etc. for ages, in such long time, others come up with new/ revamped models. Take the case of New Honda City as an eg. no one knew about it until Honda suddenly dropped it out of the blue. Fiat on the other hand is still sticking to its almost a decade old Palio !
Summary - by now Fiat should have introduced a sci-fi version of the Linea instead of dillydallying the launch of this one.
Old 2nd January 2009, 22:33   #83
BHPian

i love the front of this car! reminds me of maserati and audi! very macho!

i still have time to think about my next car (at least 3 years!) and by that time if Linea and Fiat A*S*S proves itself, i would definitely go for it.

either this or a top end, similarly fully loaded Punto, if there is one!
Old 2nd January 2009, 22:39   #84
BANNED

So My Price Was Right!

In the thread 'Fiat Linea Leaked' I had written prices which were EXACTLY that of what Auto car reported! SO I am right! What do you say now opendro and skywalker?
Old 2nd January 2009, 22:59   #85
BHPian

Hey muneem,that was a very nice report you have given us.i must say that your report really gave all of us a peek as to what is happening inside fiat-india

and having bought a car from the very same dealership you worked for i can understand your comments about tata not doing justice to fiat cars!!but then again thats a different topic!!

i do hope you continue your series in this thread or in another appropriate one!!!
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:23   #86
BHPian

I dont know but the grill looks too aggressive in my opinion.. the side profile is nice but front looks weird.. just my opinion though.. but the interior and feature set looks loaded for sure.
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:34   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
In the thread 'Fiat Linea Leaked' I had written prices which were EXACTLY that of what Auto car reported! SO I am right! What do you say now opendro and skywalker?
auto car might have taken the prices from the same thread you never know . Jokes apart good work buddy .
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:41   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice info Muneem.
didn't liked that Blue and me are just basically for windows based smartphones. crap.
I just googled. Blue & me works on other phones also. example Nokia. but doesnt support every feature.

Its just that its developed jointly by Microsoft & Fiat that why Windows mobile phones support all of the features.
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:43   #89
Senior - BHPian

So, a diesel linea with pete's is what one should buy to get everything covered.
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:51   #90
BHPian

slightly off-topic

If petes is so good..why don't all the manufacturers make it available as a variant?

What are the down-sides or negatives of petes?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks