Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2009, 23:51   #151
Senior - BHPian

Awesome looking car. If the prices are true and the a.s.s is improved, Fiat sure have a winner!

I wish the dealerships could display cars with the number plate!
Old 5th January 2009, 00:02   #152
BANNED

When SX4 was launched, many people was complaining about the A-pillar design and it blocks visibility. What about Linea? It has the same A-pillar design.
Old 5th January 2009, 07:23   #153
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the pictures. Its almost as if being there in the showroom and seeing the car for oneself.

I'm just wondering how the GRANDE PUNTO would look. How they'll be able to chop off 30mm from the length to get it to fit within the regulations. The chop is going to be at the back, definitely not from the front, else they would've chopped the LINEA as well. Imagine how good the car must be to have resurrected a company from certain doom.
Old 5th January 2009, 09:45   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
When SX4 was launched, many people was complaining about the A-pillar design and it blocks visibility. What about Linea? It has the same A-pillar design.
I think its the c pillar and not the A-pillar which hampers visibility while reversing or while looking at back.
Old 5th January 2009, 09:54   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Watching Wheelocity on Zee TV now. In the upcoming cars in 2009, they said the Fiat Linea will be launched in 2009 with a 1.9L MJD engine!

Which world are these guys in? It's barely 11 days to go for the launch and by now the whole world knows the engine and specs of the Linea.

They also spoke about the i30 but kept showing the i20.
1.9L lol! Keep dreaming

They showed on Overdrive; underpowered it seems, even with 90bhp.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:04   #156
BHPian

Thanks for the great pics guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
I think its the c pillar and not the A-pillar which hampers visibility while reversing or while looking at back.
Ritz: Yes, you're right, the C pillar hampers visibility while reversing. However the A pillar also does hamper visibilility while driving forward!! A thick A pillar can be a pain while taking a turn into a crowded or narrow area.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:44   #157
BHPian

the car looks amazing and it looks huge too!
it does look a class ahead than its rivals
Old 5th January 2009, 10:51   #158
Senior - BHPian

Wow.. Looks awesome in both the colors. May be by year end I would be able to lay my hands on this beauty.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:08   #159
Senior - BHPian

- I like the way the boot has been designed with absolutely no intrusion into the cargo area. It's so simple yet effective. Does any other sedan have a similar set up?

- The VW like key fob is great too. Hopefully the GP will have the same key fob.

- I didn't like the champange colour. Doesn't suit the car.

- And yes, it looks BIG and more importantly, more expensive then it actually is. Like a car from a higher segment.

- The dials are simply fantastic!

- Beige interiors again!
Old 5th January 2009, 11:24   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
- I like the way the boot has been designed with absolutely no intrusion into the cargo area. It's so simple yet effective. Does any other sedan have a similar set up?
Silly me! don't understand what's so special with the boot design. The struts are still visible, the lip is high enough to obstruct and with great potential to get scratched while loading big suitcases.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:51   #161

Rear Seat space

I am not sure if anyone has noticed it or if I am wrong. I think that the rear seat is not that comfortable. The height at the rear seems to narrow down and this would make difficult for tall people to seat comfortably in the back.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:09   #162
BHPian

Saw the car at the dealer's showroom in Pune. Overall package is very good. I found the following deficiencies

Switchgear, AC controls, steering controls were very nice for touch and feel. Wonder why Fiat didn't configure it for the RHD.

Trip computer was very informative. Again it is not adapted for India where KPL is the normal unit used against to Liters/100 KM .

A few disappointments as far as fit finish/plastics.

Rear Head room is extremely bad for anyone over 5'5". I wonder how Fiat has overlooked this fact

Also found the driver's seat a litte uncomfortable (flat instead of supportive) unlike the Palio - maybe it will sink in a bit.

Engine noise did not intrude in the cabin. Clutch was softer than the Palio. Steering feel is amazing.

The dealer mentioned that black is also an option in the colors.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:20   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
In the thread 'Fiat Linea Leaked' I had written prices which were EXACTLY that of what Auto car reported! SO I am right! What do you say now opendro and skywalker?
Hats off to you There were too many data at that time and difficult to digest any one.

Going by overdrive's report on acceleration, on a drag race, one should race to redline in first and second gear and then shift directly to fourth gear, skipping the third, that should give 0-100 in around 14 seconds. This third gear is for regular mid-range driving as I can see.

Last edited by opendro : 5th January 2009 at 12:24.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:35   #164
Senior - BHPian

Guys this is one good car which is going to give rebirth to the brand Fiat in India with the backend support by the Tata in sorting out the Service issue.

The car really looks neat and comfy to drive, the inside space and boot space is huge.

Congrats to both Fiat and Tata for getting this car into Indian Market.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:36   #165
Senior - BHPian

Guys this is one good car which is going to give rebirth to the brand Fiat in India with the backend support by the Tata in sorting out the Service issue.

The car really looks neat and comfy to drive, the inside space and boot space is huge & hydraullic usage for the boot and the Fiat embossed on the inside of the boot makes it look neat.

Congrats to both Fiat and Tata for getting this car into Indian Market.

Last edited by gowda79 : 5th January 2009 at 12:37. Reason: sorry for the second post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks