Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 12:05   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If you had driven the car for 5000 Kms, you would have found out yourself.

Obviously if there are 4 or 5 people in the car then the car sticks to ground better. With just the driver the car may seem unstable, but it is not so.
With the car for 2 years I have driven more than 70% of the mileage which was around 60K plus when we sold!

When there are 4 or 5 the car sticks to the ground! Yes! And it almost chokes everytime I try to push it! Its an underpowered car dude!
Old 12th January 2009, 12:06   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
2) I cant see the point of comparing Linea with an ageing Octi, which is low on technology (non CRDI), low on torque, expensive A.S.S., is 2 lakhs more expensive, when models are compared like for like.
Aseem - if you check the prices in BLR, Octy starts at 13L on road. Linea emotion+ will be 9.5L. That's a cool 3.5L difference for an older car with Skoda brand name.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 12th January 2009 at 12:07.
Old 12th January 2009, 12:23   #138
BANNED

. We will take it offline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
But most of the people here will not be interested in our debate.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:26   #139
BHPian

Linea, ANHC, Quadrajet, Megnum Diesel in single day

Took test drive of Linea, Vista Quadrajet, All New VTech, Megnum in a single day.

After driving Megnum, I can not comment on Linea's power.

Good -
1. Linea's multijet engine noise is like racer car's engine sound. You dont need to alter exaust system to get the sound effect. It is much better than Palio Multijet, Vista Quadrajet and Swift.
2. Cabin is very very very very silent, I you drove on uneven surface, bad paches (Shok absorvers dumbing noise is the best). I drove on small square cuby LED road divider at the speed of 80KMPH. On the other side you can hear all the tyre noise in ANHC, I was wondering, why HONDA is having dumping noice inside cabin. ANHC gear lever was very silky compare to Linea but stearing is so light, feels like driving bycycle, no driver's car.
3. Linea's Breaks are superb.
4. After driving Magnum, I didnt find Linea's handling great.

Bed -

1. Feels underpower (May be I am wrong, cause same day I had driven Megnum Diesel 130 BHP, accelarate it and feel the G-Power)
2. I like, Palio's driving seat better than Linea's. I tried all posible settings but couldnt get the position I wanted.
3. Rear seat is not for three.

Which one to choose between ANHC and Linea - If you are ok with the current Multijet Linea's power, Linea is any time better or else wait for Linea petrol to arrive. What is the use of ANHC power if you scare above 120+ KMPH.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:34   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear ANHC has good highway manners. I plan to TD it pretty soon. But still 150kmph is something I will have to try to believe

I am already impressed with the makeover they have done with ANHC.
Quote:
Let me TD ANHC and Linea before I can comment more.

As you have already said it would be better if you comment more only after you TD the ANHC.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:00   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Which one to choose between ANHC and Linea - If you are ok with the current Multijet Linea's power, Linea is any time better or else wait for Linea petrol to arrive. What is the use of ANHC power if you scare above 120+ KMPH.
You mean to say wait for the 1.4 L pertol with 78 BHP?
120+ on ANHC should not be an issue for a driver who does simillar speeds on other cars in the segment.

Last edited by Guna : 12th January 2009 at 14:03.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:20   #142
BANNED

The very concept of a COTY which you cannot see or buy is silly. I feel the COTY norms are silly. Unless the car in on the road (on sale to general public) for at least a month or two it should not be considered for the COTY contest.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:29   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
With the car for 2 years I have driven more than 70% of the mileage which was around 60K plus when we sold!

When there are 4 or 5 the car sticks to the ground! Yes! And it almost chokes everytime I try to push it! Its an underpowered car dude!
Thats true. Have driven NHC of my friends a few times and it does not gives confidence above 120 and it may stretch till 150 but the engine after 120 looks to make an effort in doing so.
On the other hand have taken ANHC till 120 in the td(couldnt do more as it was in 5pm traffic) and am sure it will go easily till 150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Took test drive of Linea, Vista Quadrajet, All New VTech, Megnum in a single day.

After driving Megnum, I can not comment on Linea's power.

Good -
1. Linea's multijet engine noise is like racer car's engine sound. You dont need to alter exaust system to get the sound effect. It is much better than Palio Multijet, Vista Quadrajet and Swift.
2. Cabin is very very very very silent, I you drove on uneven surface, bad paches (Shok absorvers dumbing noise is the best). I drove on small square cuby LED road divider at the speed of 80KMPH. On the other side you can hear all the tyre noise in ANHC, I was wondering, why HONDA is having dumping noice inside cabin. ANHC gear lever was very silky compare to Linea but stearing is so light, feels like driving bycycle, no driver's car.
3. Linea's Breaks are superb.
4. After driving Magnum, I didnt find Linea's handling great.

Bed -

1. Feels underpower (May be I am wrong, cause same day I had driven Megnum Diesel 130 BHP, accelarate it and feel the G-Power)
2. I like, Palio's driving seat better than Linea's. I tried all posible settings but couldnt get the position I wanted.
3. Rear seat is not for three.

WHich Linea model you TD?
Was it with Abs of without one?
Any review of the Blue and Me and ACC functionality?
Yes you will definitely feel Linea underpower after driving Magnum. i feel Octy is underpowered after driving Magnum(its a rocket)
Same with the handling. Magnum's handling is great.
I can see too many people complaining about Linea's rear seat. Is it quiet bad?
Old 12th January 2009, 19:20   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
You mean to say wait for the 1.4 L pertol with 78 BHP?
As far as I know, Linea is coming with a 1.4 litre 16V FIRE engine that produces 95 BHP, The 78 BHP is from european spec and is a 1.4 litre 8V one.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:16   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

1) Why do you keep saying Linea is a D segement car? A few Octavia buyers may prefer to buy the Linea and for good reason but I don't see a Accord or Laura buyer buying a Linea.

2) Maruti is incompetant enough to not develop a diesel engine of it's own so they buy a engine from another manufacturer and then tell their customers that they should pay more for their incompetency?! Wow, I'd like to see how a prospective customer reacts to that on a Maruti showroom floor!

3) A car thats everyone agrees is loaded with features and you say it doesn't have good features? You can buy a diesel engine with ACC, ABS , Airbags, Blue&Me for almost the same price as a Honda City PETROL with no ACC and alloys.

4) Have you driven the SX4? The car is bloody dead upto 2500rpm. In first and second gears the car just refuses to move unless flogged.

5) Have you driven both the Linea and ANHC? One area where the Linea has no equal in the C segment today is suspension and ride quality. And you say the Linea fails in that area while A-Star does better?!! You say Honda City is good in features and Linea is not! No alloys and ACC with a petrol engine car is good features against a ACC and Blue&Me in a diesel engined car? Wow, great logic.

6) Since you want A.S. & S. to be a consideration for price of the car, the ANHC should be avaliable for Swift prices if you go by the high handedness of Honda and it's dealers.

7) directional headlamps and Xenons? The Civic, Jetta, Corolla Altis and even Mercedes C class don't have these.
1) While discussion it was told to me that Linea is D-segment, so was using those words. And also the pricing of top end models takes it close to it.

2) They paid for license and Tata got it for almost free. So Maruti invested more money. Its just doing business.

3) It has, but its not that out of the world. Safety equipment like xenon and directional headlamps would do wonders.

4) I have driven SX4. Its overall a nice machine. From midrange, it great.

5) I said, honda city fails at point no.2 that includes features like climate control. Again, I look at A-star as complete package.

6) From a COTY point of view. End customer must never suffer.

7) But none of them have a relatively weak motor despite better motors available internationally.

Again I repeat that COTY is not equal to only a great car. Its about how much it is supported by manufacturer in all ways. I have mentioned the word complete package for this.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:38   #146
Senior - BHPian

Since everyone and his dog has already expressed opinion on this COTY award, isn't it time to lock the thread up?

IMHO, same arguments are going round and round like chewing gum without adding any real value to the discussion now.
Old 12th January 2009, 21:44   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Does the RC carry any details on the date the car was launched?
No but the company must complete the registration details of the new car with the RTO.
Old 13th January 2009, 08:32   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
No but the company must complete the registration details of the new car with the RTO.
Is it not upto the dealer who sells the car to provide these details?

Does any manufacturer directly reach the RTO to provide the registration details of a car?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks