Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 11:33   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Change is too minute, though the front is looking more bulky & European, but doesn't go too well with the overall silhouette.
Climate control should have been offered.

Current lineup - top ends SX already has climate control ( automatic ac).
Old 30th January 2009, 12:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

At last they have got rid of that hideous looking grill! Apart from that, almost all featues look the same as the current model. Not sure of the vanity mirrors though.
Old 30th January 2009, 15:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-NewCar View Post
Hello..

I have seen the current Verna and took a TD of the petrol variant...

I think it was very nice.. I liked the interiors too..

Can I compare it with the SX4 and Linea??? or is it not worth to discuss the Petrol Verna at all???

Can I compare the Diesel variant to the new Fiesta??..

Your comments and expert opinion will help me decide my new car..

As of now i am all set for the SX4 as it fits my budget and I am ok with what it offers..

Please help
Hey Ash..
I suggest u better decide the fuel first. Diesel or Petrol...
If its Petrol you want to go for than forget the verna, its a waste. Put your money on SX4. And if its Diesel, there is nothing better than Verna in this price range. Last, DO NOT skip the ABS version, what ever Car you buy.
Its worth each rupee..
Old 31st January 2009, 16:31   #34
BHPian

Was down at hmp today. Had a chat with my salesperson. He says the new verna is being released as a cost cutting exercise for hyundai. They have reduced the price, and they have removed certain features. One of them he has mentioned is that the car may not come with rear disc brakes anymore. Hes not sure of the other stuff thats been cut out. But the top end sx model will now come with abs compulsorily, and it will NOT have airbags as per his information. Also the top end diesel now comes with alloys. The music system will be integrated with steering controls. Front grill and side door bars will be chrome finished. Apart from that no changes to the suspension etc etc at all. So purely cosmetic. He wasnt able to pinpoint what features they have left out to cut production costs. But this is the rough picture he gave me. He said the top end sx will be around 10 to 20k cheaper then the current top end model. He says that as per this amount of info that he has got, people who have boughtt he previous gen verna will not be at a loss. We will only know that once the actual specifications are out though.
Old 31st January 2009, 20:14   #35
BHPian

You are very right Pras, that current owners have nothing much to lose (If, the salesman thing comes to be true). And, thats really sad news for waiting buyers like me. I just loved the combo of Disc Brakes all round and ABS.

But, i really wish Hyundai does not adopt this cost cutting exercise and infact add more features to the new model. The most wanted is Airbags.
Old 31st January 2009, 22:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
You are very right Pras, that current owners have nothing much to lose (If, the salesman thing comes to be true). And, thats really sad news for waiting buyers like me. I just loved the combo of Disc Brakes all round and ABS.

But, i really wish Hyundai does not adopt this cost cutting exercise and infact add more features to the new model. The most wanted is Airbags.
Yes its sad that hyundai has to resort to such tactics to reduce the price of the car. Given that cars like the fiesta come with more safety features for the same or slightly lower price, I wonder why hyundai is doing so much drama. They even manufacture the cars in india itself. But yeah, to look at it from an evil point of view, I'll be happy if there arent many added features else I'll feel like I lost out by a matter of 3 months . ABS comes as a mandatory feature in the top end sx version now. Dont know what else will come and what will go. He seemed pretty sure about the airbags not being there though.
Old 1st February 2009, 11:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

official information on the new verna:

courtesy: VINEET of Autocar India Forums: New Verna On its way

since the pics are very small, from what can i make out, there will be 5 varients:

1.6 VTVT (replaces 1.6i and 1.6 xi)
1.6 SX VTVT (replaces 1.6 xxi and 1.6 xxi ABS)

1.5 CRDI (replaces crdi base)
1.5 CRDI SX (replaces 1.5 CRDI SX and CRDI SX ABS, with some added features)

1.5 CRDI SX AT (diesel automatic)

STILL NO AIRBAGS

new chrome coated radiator grille (on all 5 varients)
new design wheel cover (on 1.6 vtvt and 1.5 crdi)
alloy wheels added on 1.5 sx crdi (standard in addition to 1.6 vtvt sx)
new premium audio integrated with steering mounted controls on all varients
new set upholstry
new body colours
ABS standard on 1.5 sx and 1.6 sx varients
automatic transmission optional on crdi sx varient

petrol 1.6 base adds over 1.6 i/ xi:
diesel 1.5 base adds over old 1.5 crdi:

electronic adjustable osrvm
new integrated stereo with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters
chrome rear garnish
full wheel cover

petrol 1.6 sx replaces 1.6 xxi with addition of:

ABS standard
new integrated audio

new crdi sx replaces old crdi sx with the following features:

alloy wheels
luggage net
185/65 R14 tyres
ABS standard
leather wrapped steering wheel an gear knob
new integrated stereo
Old 1st February 2009, 12:02   #38
BHPian

@sidindica Yes you seemed to hve confirmed most of the findings from my talk with the sales person yesterday. So no airbags is confirmed, but at least theyve mae ABS mandatory. And yes I did forget to mention, that the new verna will be coming with the i10 colour options. Blushing red is one of them that he mentioned. And the current real earth colour will be replaced by the similar colour that comes with the i10. So apart from the alloys, sx owners dont really lose out in anyway I suppose.
Old 1st February 2009, 12:12   #39
BHPian

IMO, Hyundai could have simply removed the integrated audio as the standard fitment to help cost cutting.. Rather, getting rid of rear disc brakes and compromising on safety will not help the cause of buyers.. And i hope that 185/65 R14 is the standard fitment on all variants. My verna came with 175/70 R14 :( .
What is good to see is that Hyundai are giving way to the Autobox in 1.5 CRDi. Hope it comes out with flying colors.

Last edited by live2drive : 1st February 2009 at 12:13.
Old 1st February 2009, 12:13   #40
BHPian

not much difference than the comsetic changes. I was expecting angel headlights and projectors and HID kit. Hope atleast the new fog lamps work better

I really wonder why Hyundai is not providing Airbags on the Verna atleast one for the driver, is it because of the ressison????or cost cutting or tooo lazy to think to adding a extra much needed saftey feature.

Last edited by sajands : 1st February 2009 at 12:17. Reason: had to add a extra line
Old 1st February 2009, 12:17   #41
BHPian

And i was expecting wider rubber. Atleast 195/60 R14. Rather than those puny 175/70's .
Old 1st February 2009, 12:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

thanks Sid. Even though its not ur direct scoop - we appreciate you doing the hard work for us.

So no drastic changes - some feel good things. A better looking grill, and a high end stereo system.

Curios about the AT pricing as it will be the only diesel to have an AT under 10L ex showroom.
Old 1st February 2009, 13:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
not much difference than the comsetic changes. I was expecting angel headlights and projectors and HID kit. Hope atleast the new fog lamps work better

I really wonder why Hyundai is not providing Airbags on the Verna atleast one for the driver, is it because of the ressison????or cost cutting or tooo lazy to think to adding a extra much needed saftey feature.
Yes, like I mentioned, it is a complete cost cutting effort. And high hopes about the angel lights and HID kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
IMO, Hyundai could have simply removed the integrated audio as the standard fitment to help cost cutting.. Rather, getting rid of rear disc brakes and compromising on safety will not help the cause of buyers.. And i hope that 185/65 R14 is the standard fitment on all variants. My verna came with 175/70 R14 :( .
What is good to see is that Hyundai are giving way to the Autobox in 1.5 CRDi. Hope it comes out with flying colors.
Yes, sad that theyre compromising on safety to cut costs. I think the 185 will be a standard fitment on all models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
thanks Sid. Even though its not ur direct scoop - we appreciate you doing the hard work for us.

So no drastic changes - some feel good things. A better looking grill, and a high end stereo system.

Curios about the AT pricing as it will be the only diesel to have an AT under 10L ex showroom.
Expected price at chennai for top end diesel is 8.9lakhs. I'm not sure if that is the cost of the top end diesel with the AT or MT.
Not too sure if the new integrated stereo will be better then the stock kenwood. THe kenwood to be honest, is quite good. I"m more then satisfied with the sound output. My salesperson was unsure about the quality of th integrated system.
Old 1st February 2009, 13:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

8.9L should be (hopefully) for the Auto. The autocar forum that Sid mentions 8.2L ex showroom for the manual. Do we know rear discs are gone - i see no mention of it?

Sterero - the forum mentions new "premium" audio. I guess we will know when we get it see and hear it in flesh
Old 1st February 2009, 15:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

new verna prices

model

1.6 vtvt new 2009
ex-showroom 6,37,700 3rd year extended warrenty 4235
on-road delhi (all inclusive) 7,00,385

1.6 vtvt sx abs new 2009
ex-showroom 7,12,500 3rd year extended warrenty 4235
on-road delhi (all inclusive) 7,80,374

1.5 crdi new 2009

ex-showroom 7,52,200 3rd year extended warrenty 9035
on-road delhi (all inclusive) 8,24,710

1.5 crdi sx abs new 2009
ex-showroom 8,02,100 3rd year extended warrenty 9035
on-road delhi (all inclusive) 8,78,005

1.5 crdi sx abs 4-speed A/T 2009
ex-showroom 8,65,350 3rd year extended warrenty 9035
on-road delhi (all inclusive) 9,45,558

Last edited by sidindica : 1st February 2009 at 16:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks