Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What petrol C segment sedan would you buy?
Honda City 1.5 iVtec 113 55.39%
Fiat Linea 1.4 Fire 91 44.61%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 22:29   #691

This is very good comparison. This is the first of a kind ownership report I've seen here, whereas the previous ones were only TD report. Good work omar!
Old 6th October 2009, 23:02   #692
BHPian

Great effort, its very nice and very useful comparison omar.
How do the two cars score on the under-thigh support (both front and rear seats)?
Old 6th October 2009, 23:04   #693
BHPian

Linea scores in back seat surely. IN the front seat, I guess both are at par
Old 6th October 2009, 23:12   #694
BHPian

I need to edit some small changes I made in the attachement, how do I do it? Any idea?

Last edited by omar1310 : 6th October 2009 at 23:17. Reason: added few words
Old 6th October 2009, 23:55   #695
BANNED

Omar

great compilation. And you're right, its straight out from an average common Indian car buyer hence more credible than any of the guru's or experts etc etc.

Voice of Customer straight from Horse's mouth. Can not get more authentic than this.
Old 7th October 2009, 00:04   #696
Senior - BHPian

Very nice comparison and thanks for the PDF file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
I need to edit some small changes I made in the attachement, how do I do it? Any idea?
You will have to edit the post, remove the attachment and reattach the modified attachment.
Old 7th October 2009, 00:32   #697
BHPian

Wonderful post Omar.
Since you own both cars, you are best person to give an un-biased opinion on what it takes to own either of the cars.

This thread should put to rest a lot of the ANHC vs Linea debates.
Old 7th October 2009, 01:50   #698
BANNED

Quote:
Before making above statement, have you visited Linea Ownership threads of those owners who also own(ed) other more powerful cars & their views on Linea's power adequecy?
Wanna see? Here it is from someone who owns Maruti 800, Santro, Fiat Adventure, Honda City (2009) and now Linea --http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1517928

Another link-->> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iat-linea.html

And there are a few more here itself who owned Linea AND ANHC or the other "powerful" cars. Their view on adequecy of Linea's power/ performance & other parameters vis-a-vis their other cars are well documented right here.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 7th October 2009 at 02:00.
Old 7th October 2009, 02:04   #699
Senior - BHPian

@Untouchables

Guess what? Close your eyes for a moment & think. A 9-10 Lacs rupees worth premium C/ C+ segment sedan comes without Fog Lamps, a proper CD Player, ACC ? These equipments might not be important to some but to remain a "premium" car, these are like regular given equipments.

Dude, you should have at least read my earlier post. I was contending that the ANHC is over priced while GTO opined that it was under-specced.

What I wanted to imply was that for the 9-10 lac price and the premium sedan image portrayed, the vehicle does not seem VFM.

GTO's point about the OHC and the general premium paid for premium things is very valid. In the end, it is the consumer who decides on it. And I never hear an OHC owner complain about the premium he paid when he chose it over the other contemporaries at the time.
A car has to touch a string with you, if the note is right every price is justified.

Just like for me or VP or Amogh or FinneyP or any other Fiat lover, the Linea is the perfect car despite of scopes for improvement, same is the case for Honda owners.
Old 7th October 2009, 02:55   #700
BHPian

Wonderful post Omar. I really feel the review is unbaised and you are clear on the points. Thanks !!
Old 7th October 2009, 07:47   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchables09 View Post
Guess what? Close your eyes for a moment & think. A 9-10 Lacs rupees worth premium C/ C+ segment sedan comes without Fog Lamps, a proper CD Player, ACC ? These equipments might not be important to some but to remain a "premium" car, these are like regular given equipments.
As far as i am concerned, the biggest problem with the Linea is consistent quality. There are a dozens of ownership threads around for Linea and i am hard pressed to find one without some niggling issues. Compare that to the ANHC ownership threads and see how many issues they report. FIAT's gotta fix that - premium car owners don't want to hit the service station every second week for fixing some issue.

I have had some discussions with Linea owners and some prospective Linea buyers and there's been a lot of mention about poor quality plastics - and they aren't even in TBHP.

Now - you can call me as a Honda hooligan since i own an ANHC, but if you look at the beginning of this thread i have been called a FIAT fan since i own a Palio

Last edited by SkyWalker : 7th October 2009 at 07:48.
Old 7th October 2009, 08:22   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
As far as i am concerned, the biggest problem with the Linea is consistent quality. There are a dozens of ownership threads around for Linea and i am hard pressed to find one without some niggling issues. Compare that to the ANHC ownership threads and see how many issues they report. FIAT's gotta fix that - premium car owners don't want to hit the service station every second week for fixing some issue.

I have had some discussions with Linea owners and some prospective Linea buyers and there's been a lot of mention about poor quality plastics - and they aren't even in TBHP.

Now - you can call me as a Honda hooligan since i own an ANHC, but if you look at the beginning of this thread i have been called a FIAT fan since i own a Palio
You made a point there - consistent quality is missing in Linea. Its a lovely car but then it has acquired the characteristics of a Tata vehicle now. I was one prospective buyer myself but couldnt take the plunge because of these small issues that never seemed to stop cropping up. A test drive vehicle that had 14k on ODO, had panel gaps, seat height adjustment lever broken off and placed neatly next to the seat and driver arm rest was loose, opening and closing of glove box dint give the right feeling and seat fabric was torn in a place or two.

This is not going impress anyone. Agreed its not been maintained well and with maintenance one can avoid these issues. But my reading or anyone else reading would be, so without much maintenance the car would reach this condition by the time one hits 14k kms.
Old 7th October 2009, 08:40   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
The best option is to convert the file into word through many of the freewares available. Then upload the file in another post.

BTW, my question remains, Linea will have better headlight performance, but how much better than G3HC ?
Old 7th October 2009, 09:04   #704
BHPian

This thread reminds me of numerous heated discussions on my company's bulletin board - who's better - Tendulkar or Lara or Ponting or Ganguly or Dravid !!!!

I think every person has a different way of looking at car he buys - based on his requirements / experiences / affordability / risk appetite et al. Somebody loves only Arrow shirts; some may have to settle down for a Peter England!!

I was all set to buy a ANHC and hadn't even looked at Linea but the sales experience at Honda put me off so much that I decided to wait before writing a cheque. That's when I bumped into Linea and realized the superb rear-seat comfort and many other features (simple things like CD player) which were lacking in ANHC (but important for me). Add to that you save 1.5 Lac straight away albeit risk of buying a Gambhir against a Tendulkar as someone quoted. But then all of us make compromises all the time. So I don't regret it!

For the niggling issues part - I guess Lineans were too vocal, excited and being new car wanted to check with others for any patterns/trends. ANHC owners being silent doesn't necessarily mean vehicle doesn't have problems.

For me, I like both the cars. City was a dream car at one point for me, but now I'm proud of my Linea, appreciate City at a traffic signal or parking lot and then move on! To each his own :-)
Old 7th October 2009, 09:42   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
This thread reminds me of numerous heated discussions on my company's bulletin board - who's better - Tendulkar or Lara or Ponting or Ganguly or Dravid !!!!

I think every person has a different way of looking at car he buys - based on his requirements / experiences / affordability / risk appetite et al. Somebody loves only Arrow shirts; some may have to settle down for a Peter England!!

I was all set to buy a ANHC and hadn't even looked at Linea but the sales experience at Honda put me off so much that I decided to wait before writing a cheque. That's when I bumped into Linea and realized the superb rear-seat comfort and many other features (simple things like CD player) which were lacking in ANHC (but important for me). Add to that you save 1.5 Lac straight away albeit risk of buying a Gambhir against a Tendulkar as someone quoted. But then all of us make compromises all the time. So I don't regret it!

For the niggling issues part - I guess Lineans were too vocal, excited and being new car wanted to check with others for any patterns/trends. ANHC owners being silent doesn't necessarily mean vehicle doesn't have problems.

For me, I like both the cars. City was a dream car at one point for me, but now I'm proud of my Linea, appreciate City at a traffic signal or parking lot and then move on! To each his own :-)
+1 to this. Or rather Amen to this.

Could not have put it better - sometimes you take risk and reap rewards (Gambhir versus Tendulkar). Different folks look at different value propositions.

Linea has sold over 10,000 cars so certainly Fiat is on its comeback trail and hopefully things only improve in the years to come.

Honda City is a great car too. It has it perks and share of quirks but overall has done better from the start. Kudos to that.

At the end, there is a market for everything and as long as the product has more positives than negatives, it will sell.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks